Legendary Announcer Bill Raftery Isn’t On Twitter Because He Boozes Too Much

BleedGopher

Reaction score
With such trademark calls as, “With a kiss,” “A little lingerie on the deck,” and “Onions!,” Bill Raftery has solidified himself as one of the most electrifying college basketball announcers to ever don a headset.

At 74 years old and with 33 years in the biz, Raftery is without a doubt an alumnus of the old school. And like many of his old school classmates, he doesn’t have much of an active social media presence. But, as he recently revealed to Sports Illustrated writer Jimmy Traina, his hesitation to flex those Twitter fingers has nothing to do with an aversion to newfangled technology. It’s got a lot more to do with his late-night boozing habits.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://totalfratmove.com/legendary...too-much/?utm_medium=short&utm_source=Twitter

Go Gophers!!

I would drop everything to party with that man.

I love when announcers are clear alcoholics like Raftery, Maguire, or Musburger.

Far more interesting than stuffy suits like Jim Nantz, Clark Kellogg, and Grant Hill.

I love when announcers are clear alcoholics like Raftery, Maguire, or Musburger.

Far more interesting than stuffy suits like Jim Nantz, Clark Kellogg, and Grant Hill.

I think Kellogg may be drunk a lot. He seems to get worse by the year.

Grant Hill adds very little to that team of Nantz & Raftery. Wish CBS would drop him and have Nantz and Raftery bounce thoughts and descriptions off of each other. No need for Hill to be there, as he just muddles up the broadcast with his Captain Obvious comments.

I don't think Raf is saying that he's a drunk. I think he's saying that it's easy to get yourself in trouble with social media if you're not disciplined, or fly off the handle. (like some guy in D.C......)

I sincerely doubt that Raftery is knocking back 10 drinks a night. if he is, he's got a hell of a liver.

I don't think Raf is saying that he's a drunk. I think he's saying that it's easy to get yourself in trouble with social media if you're not disciplined, or fly off the handle. (like some guy in D.C......)

I sincerely doubt that Raftery is knocking back 10 drinks a night. if he is, he's got a hell of a liver.

Ala Ric Flair, he certainly has raised the bar for binge drinking! :drink:

Top Bottom