Shannon Brooks out for the year

Damn, I feel for the guy. Can he medical red shirt?

That being said, it is a position we have depth. I am confident in Femi Cole and think Ibrahim, London or one of the other freshman can be a solid rb3

That being said, it is a position we have depth. I am confident in Femi Cole and think Ibrahim, London or one of the other freshman can be a solid rb3

He can redshirt and will be back for a 5th year.

He never redshirted, so he won't have a problem getting another year

RB is one of the positions where a true FR can come right in and play. Maybe not in every set or situation, but have a package of plays that he can handle, and not work Smith to death.

RB is one of the positions where a true FR can come right in and play. Maybe not in every set or situation, but have a package of plays that he can handle, and not work Smith to death.

we have few RS freshman that should be able to help. Wonder if Femi-Cole will ever touch the field

Two thoughts come to mind, either he injured it during workouts (which would not be good), or he took a bit of a tumble on some ice and injured it. There are probably other possible reasons, but those are the one that stick out to me.

Two thoughts come to mind, either he injured it during workouts (which would not be good), or he took a bit of a tumble on some ice and injured it. There are probably other possible reasons, but those are the one that stick out to me.

In another thread, Fleck said it happened in one of the final off-season conditioning sessions. didn't give details, but said Brooks would have surgery. So, whatever type of injury it was, it's serious enough to require season-ending surgery. And so it goes. I hope Brooks comes back, but I'm worried that he is going to wind up in the "what might have been" category with Gary Russell, as backs who could have been dominant given other circumstances. (of course, Russell's problem was between the ears. with Brooks, it's all about injuries._

Looks like basketball is leaking into football at this point. Is no sport safe?

While this is certainly a bummer, perhaps it is a blessing in disguise in that a year of no contact will help rest his noggin from his run of concussions. I like that he will be helping as a coach of some sort, too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He is shown in Wiffle Ball Video taking an at bat. I thought that was final day of conditioning drills, which would mean he hurt it on that day. Hope for a full recovery and he is able to get back on the field in 19.

He is shown in Wiffle Ball Video taking an at bat. I thought that was final day of conditioning drills, which would mean he hurt it on that day. Hope for a full recovery and he is able to get back on the field in 19.

Already saw a tweet that it had nothing to do with wiffle ball.

Welp.... any nagging concussion syndrome issues will have a good long settling period.... Let that melon rest...

Clearly we will see a new face or two taking a handoff this year behind Rodney and Femi-Cole..... Added depth in 2019 as well with Rodney graduating.

Already saw a tweet that it had nothing to do with wiffle ball.

Maybe after the wiffle ball games they were doing running drills and that is when it happened.
Doesn't matter to me whether he got hurt running drills or in playing wiffle ball. Just too bad it happened.

KLEIN!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though....for all the people that would constantly harp on Klein and Kill/Claeys about off-season/practice injuries, there sure aren't many crying foul for Brooks, Winfield last year, Connelly, (was Douglas in game?), etc. Interesting how that's all of the sudden a non-issue, even though it's now happening to high profile skill groups instead of obscure lineman.

KLEIN!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though....for all the people that would constantly harp on Klein and Kill/Claeys about off-season/practice injuries, there sure aren't many crying foul for Brooks, Winfield last year, Connelly, (was Douglas in game?), etc. Interesting how that's all of the sudden a non-issue, even though it's now happening to high profile skill groups instead of obscure lineman.

Pete Smith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KLEIN!!!!!!!!

Because it is a non-issue.

Bryce Williams was going to see some playing time, and I expect him to step into Brooks' role. They are really two sides of the same coin as both are violent runners. As sad as it is to see Brooks have to sit out a year, I am not at all worried.

Probably hurt himself on purpose so he'll be around for 2019 when everything will magically come together. Wouldn't surprise me if he tries for a 6th year so he can be on the 2020 National Championship team.

Smith will have all the opportunities to excel in his Sr. Year. Not a bad thing for him!

Probably hurt himself on purpose so he'll be around for 2019 when everything will magically come together. Wouldn't surprise me if he tries for a 6th year so he can be on the 2020 National Championship team.

Pure Gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The curse of Bde Maka Ska strikes again!

KLEIN!!!!!!!!

Just give it a rest.... move on and enjoy the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will miss him in the 3-5 games he would’ve played in before getting hurt

Top Bottom