Selection Sunday show

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Everyone: “CBS couldn’t screw up the show anymore than they have the last few years.”

CBS: “Hold my beer.”

Criminy. It sounds unwatchable. I think I'll take a long walk and come back home once everything's posted on line.

W... T... F!!!

Just plain dumb.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have a hard enough time listening to Barkley talk about the NBA (which is something he supposedly follows all the time). Listening to him fumble through NCAA is terrible.

They've managed to take what was one of the most unique, fun half hours in sports and strangle it to death.

I hope viewership goes way down for the show and they realize never to do this again!

I don't understand the desire to continuously change things that are not broken.

Go back to how it was in like 1995 when it was a half hour show that got right to the point, showed the brackets one by one, and then reviewed them all at the end of the show.

I have a hard enough time listening to Barkley talk about the NBA (which is something he supposedly follows all the time). Listening to him fumble through NCAA is terrible.
Turrbull... turrbull....

I don't understand the desire to continuously change things that are not broken.

Go back to how it was in like 1995 when it was a half hour show that got right to the point, showed the brackets one by one, and then reviewed them all at the end of the show.

Money. It's all about money, which in this case is advertising money.

Yes, it is all about the money. Perhaps they will find out that eventually people pick quality.

Yes, it is all about the money. Perhaps they will find out that eventually people pick quality.
Only if sales for the things being advertised decline.

This sounds God-Awful.

I'll be watching twitter for a leak of the brackets and will watch a cable network do "Bracketology" if I want additional analysis.

They are going to announce all of the teams and THEN the matchups/brackets? So stupid.

IF they are going to screw it up by showing all teams first, why not go the route of Auto bids then the at larges and not do it by alphabet, but by highest ranked down to the lowest.
That way they can play up the last 4 in angle and first 4 out. Put those 8 schools on the board and say 4 made it and 4 didn't. Then go through which ones did and why.

IF they are going to screw it up by showing all teams first, why not go the route of Auto bids then the at larges and not do it by alphabet, but by highest ranked down to the lowest.
That way they can play up the last 4 in angle and first 4 out. Put those 8 schools on the board and say 4 made it and 4 didn't. Then go through which ones did and why.

Still prefer the original way but this is good!

I'm going to sound like Grampa Simpson here, but it feels like the best days of the tournament are in the past permanently. The Field of 64; the nice, simple, straightforward selection show. Don't get me wrong, in some ways it's better than ever (4 channels, web streaming), but CBS's urge to degrade the event has proven irresistible.

Top Bottom