Shooter: Adam Weber remaining in L.A., awaiting his next opportunity

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Adam Weber, the former Gophers record-setting QB who was offensive analyst for UCLA coach Jim Mora last season but hasn’t been retained by new UCLA coach Chip Kelly, remains in Los Angeles while considering his next coaching job. The Mounds View grad met with Sean McVay, but the Los Angeles Rams’ coach is looking for more experienced candidates.

“For the time being, I’m staying prepared and ready,” Weber, 30, said.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/...eenum-would-be-vikings-least-risky-qb-choice/

Go Gophers!!

This guy had more offensive coordinators and now is dealing with more changes as to employment from year to year. I feel it for the guy.

This guy had more offensive coordinators and now is dealing with more changes as to employment from year to year. I feel it for the guy.

If you take a job in athletics... it's gonna happen.

The irony is strong in this one.

I mean I want smart experienced successful people working with me to be successful.

God knows I'm none of those.... it's not ironic... it's just good braining.

I mean I want smart experienced successful people working with me to be successful.

God knows I'm none of those.... it's not ironic... it's just good braining.

The irony is that if the Rams thought that way, they wouldn't have hired the youngest, least experienced head coach in the modern history of the league... Sean McVay.

The irony is that if the Rams thought that way, they wouldn't have hired the youngest, least experienced head coach in the modern history of the league... Sean McVay.
I don't see it that way. It sounds like McVay is being smart in bringing in experienced assistants to make up for his lack of experience. You can have an experienced HC, but you need to make up for it, when putting together a staff.

The part about him being the youngest is true, but where is this narrative about "least experienced" coming from? He had 9 years as a professional assistant coach (including 3 as a position coach and 3 as an offensive coordinator) before he was hired by the Rams. Doug Pederson was an NFL player, true, but he had only 7 years of professional coaching experience before being hired by the Eagles. Matt Nagy, new Bears HC, had only 7 years as a professional assistant (only 5 as a position coach/OC) before his first HC job.

There are at least 3 posts already in this thread about his being the "least experienced" or "inexperienced" coach, and I don't know where it's coming from - it's simply not true. Youth and inexperience aren't synonymous.

Top Bottom