All Things Conference Tournament Games Thread

Stan

Reaction score
Conference tournaments heating up, more than just the Big Ten.

All D1 Conference Tournament Thread

There are already some Cinderella's going dancing. Lipscomb (the other school in Nashville) won their conference tourney and got their first ever ticket to the dance. Tonight there will be others and this entire week will affect who gets an at-large bid as upsets come in.
We can share thoughts in this thread for these games.

Iona punches its ticket to the dance despite not being the conference favorite. The Gaels have been consistent in winning the MAAC lately, however. They had a kid that could jump out of the gym.
I'm always interested in the number of kids from backwater schools that end up playing in the NBA.

I guess they are playing two games at the same time for some of the tournament. I’m not sure yet if this is a great idea or terrible idea.

Scott Nagy doesn't waste much time getting Wright State into the dance - in his second year, out of the 2-seed. Guy knows what he's doing.

I guess they are playing two games at the same time for some of the tournament. I’m not sure yet if this is a great idea or terrible idea.

Reminds me of HS softball sectionals, when you have four teams playing at the same time and balls from other fields raining on your head. Good times!

Aren't they going to have issues with players getting confused with whistles and horns from the other court? Or does the barrier in between knock down the noise enough?

Kansas St and TCU headed to OT. Horned Frogs hit a three to tie at the buzzer. Ball was only inches out of his hand when the light went on. Couldn't have held it for a tenth of a second longer. Big game for K State's NCAA hopes

Aren't they going to have issues with players getting confused with whistles and horns from the other court? Or does the barrier in between knock down the noise enough?

I'm thinking they should be far enough apart that it won't be an issue. My kids' high school plays up to 6 games at the same time in a single space separated only by fabric curtains for intramural league and it really isn't an issue.

Providence vs. Xavier is fun.
Seems like years ago that the Gophers beat the Friars.

Just a piece of crap. I'm at the point now where I'm openly rooting for him to get injured. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

And then you have people like Jay Williams trying to excuse the behavior, saying that the only reason it was called a flagrant foul was because it was Allen. Any other player would have just gotten a foul there? That's not how it works. The refs can't call a common foul on a review.

If that was Davidson ref would have called a charge

Big East Championship going to OT. Outstanding game. Providence playing very well.

Seeing the success that Providence and Alabama had in their conference tournaments is depressing to think of what coulda/shoulda/woulda been for this squad.

Davidson beats Rhode Island to win the conference title. Since URI is ranked (#25) this means a different at large will lose out.

Top Bottom