Illinois lineman commits to Gophers!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Personally, I'm a little concerned. With so many blessed HS kids to choose from, why settle for one that isn't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I'm a little concerned. With so many blessed HS kids to choose from, why settle for one that isn't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the fact that he does not consider the offer divine intervention and takes credit for his own prowess....

Fleck has not earned "divinity status" just yet....

New facilities must be a good selling point.

What's amazing to me is that he is only 16 years of age. I coached a lot of 16 year kids but never one who was 6'6" 278 lbs. can't wait to see him in the Gopher uniform.

His star ratings will go up before his HS playing days are over.

Congratulations JJ!

Looks like a very solid recruit! Excellent! Welcome!

How many dots does he have? What is his hand-timed 40? Electronic 40? Does his Dad wear socks with sandals?

So many unanswered questions. :cool:

We're Minnesota...pick the ways in which this turns out badly...
Until such time, I welcome this young man's decision.

I agree. He has good feet. At 16 he has a lot of growing to do and will gain a lot of strength once he's 19.

Will we even be able to fit him on a plane?

I'm thinking of the hulk trying to fly on the inside of a plane.... ride on the outside maybe?

How many dots does he have? What is his hand-timed 40? Electronic 40? Does his Dad wear socks with sandals?

So many unanswered questions. :cool:

Who could possibly be against socks with sandals? It combines the open-toe freedom of a sandal without the humiliation of people viewing your disgusting feet. It's win-win.

commitment article: https://minnesota.rivals.com/news/guedet-pledges-to-minnesota

Washington (Ill.) three star ranked junior offensive tackle prospect JJ Guedet (6-foot-8, 255 pounds) made a Saturday Junior Day visit to Minnesota and early this morning announced his verbal commitment to the Gophers. Guedet discusses his pledge to Minnesota here.
"Minnesota is about as close to a perfect fit as possible for me," Guedet said. "I just love the coaches including Coach (PJ) Fleck, Coach Cally (Brian Callahan and Coach (Kenni) Burns and I'm very excited about my decision."
Guedet, who has already made a handful of on campus visits to Minnesota pointed towards his visit on Saturday as being a key in making his decision this morning.
"I felt that after yesterday's visit I was ready to commit to Minnesota. I finally had a chance to really get to talk with a lot of different people. I spent a lot of time with Coach (Brian) Callahan along with some of the other assistant coaches and some of the academics advisors. I just was able to get some answers and I was able to just get a better understanding of how everything works at Minnesota. It's just an mazing place and my family is also 100 percent on board with my decision."

commitment article: https://minnesota.rivals.com/news/guedet-pledges-to-minnesota

Washington (Ill.) three star ranked junior offensive tackle prospect JJ Guedet (6-foot-8, 255 pounds) made a Saturday Junior Day visit to Minnesota and early this morning announced his verbal commitment to the Gophers. Guedet discusses his pledge to Minnesota here.
"Minnesota is about as close to a perfect fit as possible for me," Guedet said. "I just love the coaches including Coach (PJ) Fleck, Coach Cally (Brian Callahan and Coach (Kenni) Burns and I'm very excited about my decision."
Guedet, who has already made a handful of on campus visits to Minnesota pointed towards his visit on Saturday as being a key in making his decision this morning.
"I felt that after yesterday's visit I was ready to commit to Minnesota. I finally had a chance to really get to talk with a lot of different people. I spent a lot of time with Coach (Brian) Callahan along with some of the other assistant coaches and some of the academics advisors. I just was able to get some answers and I was able to just get a better understanding of how everything works at Minnesota. It's just an mazing place and my family is also 100 percent on board with my decision."

I wish there are more kids like him.

Washington junior JJ Guedet all-in on Minnesota football

Washington junior JJ Guedet “fully” committed to the University of Minnesota after visiting in early March.

Guedet enjoyed the campus, athletic facilities and meeting with the coaches, but there was one thing he needed to be sold on.

“Really, the only thing that I was unsure about was my (offensive) line coach,” Guedet said of Brian Callahan. “I hadn’t talked to him a ton but we went up there and had a one-on-one meeting and it was pretty awesome.”

That is what sold Guedet on the Golden Gophers football program. That, and the opportunity to be a part of P.J. Fleck’s rebuild.

“He’s trying to build something and I see it as a challenge and want to help do it,” Guedet said.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20180320/washington-junior-jj-guedet-all-in-on-minnesota-football

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom