B1G Tournament Game 2: Gophers versus Ohio State (3-3-18)

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
Bring on the Buckeyes!!! Feels good to start up this thread-a good season gets better and better.

https://www.thelantern.com/2018/03/...uncertain-through-rest-of-big-ten-tournament/

Asia Doss update:

Head coach Kevin McGuff said Doss will be 100 percent for the NCAA tournament if she sits out “now.” The Buckeyes have a doctor who will continue to evaluate her to determine whether she will be able to play, McGuff said. Doss said she was feeling 95 percent and only sat for for precautionary reasons with knowledge that it will be important for the team to have her fully healthy in the NCAA tournament in two weeks.

“If we really, really had to play her [against Rutgers], I think there’s a chance we could, but we’re trying to give her a little bit of rest,” McGuff said.

If the Buckeyes do not have Doss in the semifinals against Minnesota, they would likely have to once again rely on succeeding in a slower game with Hart starting beside Mavunga.

Last season’s Big Ten tournament run ended in disappointment with a loss to Purdue in the semifinals. To avoid another earlier-than-anticipated loss, the Buckeyes must ensure teams don’t take advantage of their seven-person rotation.

19 points for Carlie after the 1st quarter. ;)

51-50 OSU at the half

Mitchell 18 pts, 1 reb, 4 ast, 3 TO, 1 blk
Mavunga 17 pts, 8 reb, 1 ast, 1 TO, 1 stl, 1 blk

Wagner 24 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, 1 TO, 1 stl, 1 blk
Bell 11 pts, 4 reb, 7 ast, 3 TO, 1 stl
Hubbard 10 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 1 TO

Pitts with her early 2 fouls bugaboo again

Bell playing a litttle out of control but like yesterday they played the second qtr w/o 2 starters and only down by 1. Let’s hope Diva and Destiny come back and provide a spark. Wagner has this team on her back, just need a little help. Go Gophers you can do this

I have a bad feeling McGuff will have better adjustments. :(

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3 fouls on Mitchell midway through the third

How does Fernstrom have a scholarship? She is completely useless out there. Literally just a body. Bell, Wagner, and Pitts are balling out right now though.

3 fouls on Mitchell midway through the third
Love to see her foul out but it rarely happens. McGuff working that sideline ref nonstop. Our center by committee needs to step up.

I don't particularly care for Hubbard either. Lots of poor shots and misses easy ones. I see her miss way often than I see her make and her defense is suspect.

10 more minutes Gophers. Great end to the quarter.

Pitts needs to calm down when demanding the ball. Probably distracted Wagner on her own open three attempt.

Fun game to watch. Buckeye FT misses have helped.

I don't get the Fernstrom trying to balance the rebound on her hand. Grab it!

NO... not the burn clock offense! It sucks immensely!

Usually Marlene does not have any time outs now she saves 3 for ?

Good game but Mavunga playing D at the top of the key to block our 3's cost us. Still like that we played them tough and this should help us in the tourney.

Top Bottom