Texas A&M Chancellor presents Jimbo Fisher with dateless national championship plaque

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Texas A&M Chancellor presents Jimbo Fisher with dateless national championship plaque

Even before Jimbo Fisher was named the new head football coach at Texas A&M, A&M System Chancellor John Sharp held high expectations for the position.

In late November, when asked what he is looking for in a new head coach after a special meeting of the Texas A&M University System Board of Regents, Sharp did not mince words.

“Nothing serious. Just want to win a national championship,” he said.

After a question and answer panel discussion during the Chancellor’s Century Council annual meeting on Feb. 16, Sharp presented Fisher with a plaque celebrating a NCAA Division I Football National Championship for a date yet to be named, which can be seen in a video released by the Texas A&M University System.

The gift was given after the Chancellor presented Texas A&M-Commerce head football coach Colby Carthel with an identical plaque commemorating the Lions' 2017 NCAA Division II title.

“The only difference between Colby’s and yours is you get to fill in the date,” Sharp told Fisher during the presentation

“I hope I fill in a couple,” Fisher responded with a laugh.

http://www.theeagle.com/aggie_sport...cle_4838e2d2-1ccd-11e8-bbe4-c3ea46324a70.html

Go Gophers!!

Really, not much different than Brewster bringing in turf from the Rose Bowl. If they win a national championship, this move will go down in Aggie history. If not, it will become a running joke.

Really, not much different than Brewster bringing in turf from the Rose Bowl. If they win a national championship, this move will go down in Aggie history. If not, it will become a running joke.

The plaque was Brewster’s idea.

Texas A&M kinda have a history with silly stunts.... it's their thing.

I feel bad for the plaque - being all dateless and whatnot.

I was recognized for being dateless once....but it had nothing to do with football :/

Top Bottom