All B1G Tournament Thread

MennoSota

Reaction score
I figure we can keep tabs on the B1G tournament here.

Rutgers coming back strong to take the lead at the half.

I think the cameramen/directors are doing an unbelievable job of avoiding shots of the sea of empty seats.

Also the in game interviews of fans/family members each half about how saying great it is there and the "experience of this and any lifetime" is so over the top it makes me sick to my stomach.

I think the cameramen/directors are doing an unbelievable job of avoiding shots of the sea of empty seats.

Also the in game interviews of fans/family members each half about how saying great it is there and the "experience of this and any lifetime" is so over the top it makes me sick to my stomach.

I noticed that, too. But when you do see a wider shot, man is the place empty.

I take their word that it's the experience of a lifetime for some people, especially if they've never been to New York, but point taken - it's propaganda. I hope they're not going to try to justify MSG being in the regular rotation.

The interview with Hurt's grandparents was ridiculous. Why they picked them to interview first of all was odd, but the only questions they asked was about how exciting it must be for two grandparents from Rochester to be in the "big city" - I loved the Grandpa's response when they asked what they were going to do in NYC tomorrow and he responded "hopefully be at another Gopher game."

Go Gophers!!

I loved the interview with Michael Hurt's grandparents.
Announcer: So how are you liking it here in New York?
Grandpa: We haven't looked around. We're just here to watch this game and don't plan on going out.
Announcer: Back to you...
LOL, gramps response was so perfectly Minnesota. "Frankly, Bob, I'd rather be ice fishing."

The interview with Hurt's grandparents was ridiculous. Why they picked them to interview first of all was odd, but the only questions they asked was about how exciting it must be for two grandparents from Rochester to be in the "big city" - I loved the Grandpa's response when they asked what they were going to do in NYC tomorrow and he responded "hopefully be at another Gopher game."

Go Gophers!!

...especially when you realize that Rochesterites could be the most educated and well traveled people of any town in America. They think they're dealing with rubes, but they're not.

...especially when you realize that Rochesterites could be the most educated and well traveled people of any town in America. They think they're dealing with rubes, but they're not.

Not to mention Grandpa (Richard) Hurt happens to be a doctor at Mayo Clinic. Not sure if he still is, but I know he was.

It was fun seeing Rutgers win. Corey Sanders can take over a Big Ten game at times. I wonder if his skills will translate into NBA play?

MSU wins close one vs Wiscy

Wisconsin is the villian in every slasher movie...you can't ever kill them, they just keep jumping out of the bushes.

Wiscy fans crying about refs

Wiscy fans crying about refs

Are they mad about Davison having two feet out of bounds when he stole the ball, Happ grabbing Jackson’s arm but the call still going against Jackson, or that Wisconsin had to foul three times in the last minute for MSU to get into the bonus?

Are they mad about Davison having two feet out of bounds when he stole the ball, Happ grabbing Jackson’s arm but the call still going against Jackson, or that Wisconsin had to foul three times in the last minute for MSU to get into the bonus?

Ha

It's funny how they think they never get a call their way.

It’s equally funny how we claim they get all the calls from the refs on this board but their strategy is to literally not foul/play position defense (and a boring offense).

That said, I saw the last 10-15 minutes of the game and I didn’t see wiscy getting screwed on fouls.

Gopher women have the same annoying defensive method: guarding a spot on the floor far enough away from the opponent that it invites them to take an uncontested shot.

Ladies survive and advance. Mistakes were made, but they make it through.

That's too bad. They're good enough to advance in the NCAAs.

Had plenty of chances to prove it. Laid a dud today in a game that meant everything to them and almost nothing to Michigan

This PSU/OSU tilt is being poorly officiated.

Had plenty of chances to prove it. Laid a dud today in a game that meant everything to them and almost nothing to Michigan

Nebraska had Kansas beat in December, and then Kansas hit a game winning three. If Nebraska wins that game, they absolutely would be in the dance. Now they'll most likely be a #2 seed in the NIT, but hey, that's much better than anybody expected them to be this year. Too bad the Big Ten sucked in the non-conf and a 13-5 team can't even get in the dance...

Nebraska had Kansas beat in December, and then Kansas hit a game winning three. If Nebraska wins that game, they absolutely would be in the dance. Now they'll most likely be a #2 seed in the NIT, but hey, that's much better than anybody expected them to be this year. Too bad the Big Ten sucked in the non-conf and a 13-5 team can't even get in the dance...

Losing to a ranked Michigan team shouldn't be a disqualifier. Nebraska is hurt by a couple RPI quirks and is worthy of the field in my opinion. I like their chances to win a game if they sneak in as an 11 or 12.

Man, Mathias’ release on his 3’s is so quick.

So Penn State couldn't protect their home court against Minnesota & Wisconsin when both the Gophers & Badgers were playing atrocious basketball yet they beat Ohio State three times this year.

Crazy how one team can just have another team's number. OSU must be a great match-up for Penn State.

Rutgers letting it all hang out against Purdue, feeding off the energy of the home crowd. Fun game.

I notice the fans enjoying adult beverages at MSG. Why the hell can’t we be served craft beer and cocaine at the Barn:confused:

Losing to a ranked Michigan team shouldn't be a disqualifier. Nebraska is hurt by a couple RPI quirks and is worthy of the field in my opinion. I like their chances to win a game if they sneak in as an 11 or 12.

I totally agree that Nebraska is good enough to be in the dance. The problem is their Big Ten schedule gave them no favors this year, as they didn't get to play the top teams very much. They shouldve had a better showing today though to help their cause...

Top Bottom