Serious Question about Next Year

Gophers will be just the opposite next year as they were this year. They will be loaded with bigs and thin at guard. Need to add a guard (preferably a point) yet this year. If he lands one of the guards he is after, Gophers will be very good next year - may be anyway - but vulnerable to injury at the guard spots.

Is Simons a legitimate possibility, or is mentioning Minnesota fool's gold? Have heard Reusse rave about him on 1500 on two different occasions, and he wasn't being his usual sarcastic self or blowing smoke. Thinks he'd have a chance to be one of the all-time great Gopher guards. Bobby Jackson was one of the names he mentioned, that's all I need to hear.

Wisconsin not very athletic. Good matchup for Hurt. Makes sense that would be a team he'd have one of his better games against.

I agree completely, but i think he can still be a solid contributor against much of the schedule.

I like next year because we will have a good freshmen class to mix in with much experience gained this year. All the minutes played by Washington, Hurt, and Harris should only help in their development. They all learned some tough lessons this year. This will be a huge off-season and 18-19 season for the coaching staff. If the team meets expectations and shows improvement through the season things will be looking really good. Hoping the off court and injury stuff is all behind the team and on court performance is the measuring stick next season.

Things will be good if Fitzgerald and Hurt are the 10th and 11th options on the team. That means players improved, no injuries and we got a good recruiting class.

Top Bottom