What grade would you give the 2017-2018 Gophers basketball season?

• A

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • B

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • C

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • D

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • F

Votes: 54 71.1%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

What do you do when you get mono halfway through the semester?

F.

Top 15 team => Worst B1G team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if there were low expectations it is an F

Those voting higher than F, I have some property I want to sell you. It doesn't look like much, but I can tell you see the upside in things.

Given the expectations at the start of the year this outcome was beyond even my most pessimistic thoughts

Those voting higher than F, I have some property I want to sell you. It doesn't look like much, but I can tell you see the upside in things.

I went with a "D" but only because of the 8 win season two years ago. I guess one could make the case that this season was a 50% F while the one two years ago was a 40% F.

I went with a "D" but only because of the 8 win season two years ago. I guess one could make the case that this season was a 50% F while the one two years ago was a 40% F.

The second half of what you said is pretty close.

This was like a 48% F but the dog died middle of the semester so I kinda feel bad but give the F anyways.
Two years ago was like a 25% F where it was the second week of school and the F was already locked into place.

C- because of the injuries. There are teams that suffered terrible injuries and managed a really good season. Clemson lost a star and another starter and their best defensive player and found a way to 11-7 in a much tougher conference.

well, were there conditions outside the control of the property, that changed the value of the property? Because it wouldn't be fair of me to judge the property on such things. Maybe the property has had bad luck?I am interested!!

Grade: D

2 of their top 4 players were out for the entire B1G ten schedule. Because of that, it's not a complete flunk.

I'm downgrading this season to an F.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

F

Injuries can be blamed, optimistic about Hurts development, concerned with Washington and Harris, they both have to keep developing for things to continue going in the right direction, another zero recruiting class is not going to be acceptable.

It started with the 5 on 3 debacle and it slid from there. Mason and Murphy have both had all B1G honors. There's no way this team should have been the worst team in the league, even with Coffey and Lynch out...and the Lynch part isn't because of an injury, it's because he's a (allegedly) serial sexual-assaulter.

This season gets a big fat F.

B. Playing without 4 out of top 6 is an impossible situation. I disagree with those who say other coaches could have done better. Washington improved throughout the season which is key, obviously. McBrayer and
Murphy showed nice improvement as well. The team showed good effort for the most part and hung together despite circumstances.

I gave it a D.

Even without the injuries it appeared the Gophers were overrated and the high expectations would not have been meet.

F...because the players we had left had over a month to practice and improve, but they didn't improve. Their defense never got better. Their offense never learned how to make back cuts and set picks away from the ball. There was no measurable improvement. That constitutes a big honking F-!!!!

C+, no team could have survived the onslaught of injuries we incurred this year. I would give the team a B for some of the late season games(Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State) but the absolute blowouts against teams like Michigan State and Purdue should have been closer, we could have at least stayed within 20 imo. Saw a lot of development from Washington and Hurt this year, if Hurt can find some offense he will be a good player for us the next two years.

This program is much closer to the team that they were in 2016-2017 than the team we saw in 2015-2016. I can't wait for us to make the tourney next year. I think a lot of close minded people on this board simply can not grasp the concept of how detrimential it is to not have a legitimate big man on your roster. Gonna be fun rubbing it in the face of some posters on here next year. :)

Have to go F. Even with the circumstances, the expectations were so high that the whole season feels like a letdown.

From 5 vs 3 game on, every game was a kick in the scrotum. My sack should be as leathery as Sid's wrinkly old ball bag and yet the Rutgers game still hurt?

For their inability to numb the pain.... I give the team an F.

F...because the players we had left had over a month to practice and improve, but they didn't improve. Their defense never got better. Their offense never learned how to make back cuts and set picks away from the ball. There was no measurable improvement. That constitutes a big honking F-!!!!

1000+

I'm from Missouri. I will have to see the Gophers next year before I buy another ticket.

Amen!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom