***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
The Gophers are back in Madison Square Garden, where Pitino HAS already cut down nets in his Gopher coaching career. 5 wins in 5 days and he can do it again. Why not us?!

If we don't win tonight, it will be the first time in decades that we aren't playing a game in March.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, this is what I'm thinking: it doesn't pay to only aspire to beat Rutgers. As unrealistic as it might seem, you want to scheme to go on a little run. So I'd take the risk and sit Dupree tonight in order to give him one more day of rest and recovery. If you get past Rutgers, he'll be healthier for Indiana, which I think the Gophers can beat if they play well. That gets you to Purdue, who you sort of hung with for a half of play in their building.

This probably sounds delusional, but that's how you have to think as a competitor. If Richard holds McBrayer out tonight, that's what he's thinking.

Rutgers favored by 1.5, by the way.

The over/under on posts in this thread is 175.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The over/under on posts in this thread is 175.

Nothing else going on this evening. I'm going with the over...even if I have to "cook the books." [emoji56]

OK, this is what I'm thinking: it doesn't pay to only aspire to beat Rutgers. As unrealistic as it might seem, you want to scheme to go on a little run. So I'd take the risk and sit Dupree tonight in order to give him one more day of rest and recovery. If you get past Rutgers, he'll be healthier for Indiana, which I think the Gophers can beat if they play well. That gets you to Purdue, who you sort of hung with for a half of play in their building.

This probably sounds delusional, but that's how you have to think as a competitor. If Richard holds McBrayer out tonight, that's what he's thinking.

It is absurd to rest McBrayer tonight thinking to save him for another game. He'll have all offseason to rest his leg. Play him in spurts tonight if he's struggling, but the Gophers need him to have any shot to beat anybody. Best case scenario, beat Rutgers and Illinois and you get Purdue again.

It is absurd to rest McBrayer tonight thinking to save him for another game. He'll have all offseason to rest his leg. Play him in spurts tonight if he's struggling, but the Gophers need him to have any shot to beat anybody. Best case scenario, beat Rutgers and Illinois and you get Purdue again.

Definitely best case scenario. Pretty difficult for us to get Illinois, though.

You were making a strong counterpoint until you rearranged the bracket.

Updated game time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw Minnesota favored by 2.5 on ESPN earlier today.

They can't sit out McBrayer although I think they should start Washington and play him more minutes (next game as well if they win this one).

Watching the Iowa v Illinois game. I think I found Luke Garza's doppelganger...
Garza-Doofenshmirtz_Doppelganger.jpg

I think he was moving.

Anyway, a not-unexpected awful start for both teams.

2:08 into the game and my 14 year old volleyball player is complaining about the lack of offense.

We're on pace to score a cool 20 now.

Well, good, maybe we can foul out multiple players on their front line.

2:08 into the game and my 14 year old volleyball player is complaining about the lack of offense.

"Five minutes and no one is to ten yet"

Another quote from my 14 year old.

Let's get as many points from the free throw line as possible. That also gives our players a rest.

That Gaston/Washington sequence was painful. A TO waiting to happen.

If we can shoot 100 free throws we should be ok. But I think at some point we should probably make a field goal or two just to be safe.

About to the 2nd TV timeout. No baskets made yet.

There's the poor rebounding. Do they even practice blocking out?

"Five minutes and no one is to ten yet"

Another quote from my 14 year old.

She left the room at the 13:00 Mark.

Bakary's no more of a basketball player now than when he was born.

Perhaps both teams are wanting to play Bennett Ball.

Top Bottom