***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I think he'd be gone if the obscene buyout clause wasn't an issue. The end of an ugly, ugly season. Next year will determine Pitino's fate. He better hope a couple of the guards really step up. Our front court could be one of the best and deepest in the big ten, but inexperienced guard play could doom our season and end Pitino's tenure in Minnesota.

You’re right. 3 of the 4 guys back next year people are excited about were playing tonight.
If they’re bad next year the coach will be fired

The three guys returning that played tonight that will be key contributors next year are Murphy, Washington and McBrayer. Hurt and Fitz just don’t have “it”. Harris is just too short for a shooting guard. Three guys doesn’t make a team. If Pitino can reel in another good lead guard (big if), this team will be competitive next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right. Having two of the worst seasons in 50 years is no big deal. Let's give it a few more years. Emoji usage is the real problem.

Also had our only over .500 conference season in 10 years. Program sucks and has since the scandal.
Showed me enough last year to let him suck one more time next year before I cut him loose.

I wouldn’t bet on success next year. Wouldn’t bet against it either.

What a season from hell

Glad we finally got put out of our misery. Sucks to see Nate go out this way

Never would have thought a few months ago Pitino would be back on the hot seat heading into next season

I have no faith in the coach.
I’m not sure he will be successful next year.

If people think we'd be taking our 5th choice this year, what might it be like next year if several blue bloods are open after the FBI scandal has fully detonated? That can't be ignored with regards to timing. Do it this year, maybe get Musselman. Do it next year, God only knows.

Neither was Lynch. What is your point?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

He was responding to a comment by me. I said 3/4 of our returning core was playing tonight. He implied 2/4. I said we were talking about a different 4.

I think he'd be gone if the obscene buyout clause wasn't an issue.

Does anyone know exactly what the buyout is? I've seen the figure of 5.4 million quoted here but I thought that was the figure after last year. I remember reading something about the buyout terms not being changed with the extension.

Does anyone know exactly what the buyout is? I've seen the figure of 5.4 million quoted here but I thought that was the figure after last year. I remember reading something about the buyout terms not being changed with the extension.

They weren't changed. I'm not sure the $5.4 is accurate. And the only relevant question is how much does it go down next year? If it only goes down $1-2 million is it really worth it to drag this out?

If people think we'd be taking our 5th choice this year, what might it be like next year if several blue bloods are open after the FBI scandal has fully detonated? That can't be ignored with regards to timing. Do it this year, maybe get Musselman. Do it next year, God only knows.

Musselman might suck. I guess if you have a man crush on someone you make a move. I don’t think there are any sure things. Any coach you hire is a roll of the dice.

I've supported Pitino for the last three years. After tonight's exhibition, I am beginning to wonder. Yes I understand the injuries and the suspension but when I watch, I really haven't seen any semblance of an organized offense. Mason certainly hasn't improved, Murphy didn't develop as an offensive threat, Washington, while certainly skillful, didn't buy in to the team aspect. All of these things are the direct result of the Head Coach. Could we find someone better, maybe. At least find someone who is alive and shows some emotion. Perhaps his Father's problems are affecting his actions.

I meant believe that there would be a buyout that large that didn't have some kind of as performance rider attached.

They weren't changed. I'm not sure the $5.4 is accurate. And the only relevant question is how much does it go down next year? If it only goes down $1-2 million is it really worth it to drag this out?

Thought I read it goes down to 2.7 million next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol
They are not firing him. I feel sorry for you. You seem really upset by this.

Well, it certainly isn't to me, but, of course, it isn't my money. :)

He was responding to a comment by me. I said 3/4 of our returning core was playing tonight. He implied 2/4. I said we were talking about a different 4.

You actually said this:

You’re right. 3 of the 4 guys back next year people are excited about were playing tonight.

I just think people are very excited about having Curry back too and have high expectations for him.

Like a dog with cancer, it's time to put this season to rest.

Musselman might suck. I guess if you have a man crush on someone you make a move. I don’t think there are any sure things. Any coach you hire is a roll of the dice.

Sure. But he's already built a far more solid program than Pitino has.

You actually said this:

I just think people are very excited about having Curry back too and have high expectations for him.

I'm a huge Curry fan, but Fitzgerald's experience with the ACL should temper everyone's expectations.

Probably the most disappointing season I've had a Gophers fan, to go from top 20 and possible final four sleeper to this.

Neither was Lynch. What is your point?

He said 3 of 4 players people are excited about returning next year were on the floor tonight. I think it’s more like 3 of 5 because Curry should be a part of that too.

Top Bottom