The Next Marshawn Lynch

I'm not a great recruiting mind- but saw the film on this guy and can't believe he did not receive better offers...committed to Nevada- no school visits...absolute beast...but I am also partial to guys that run over D-Backs like Shannon Brooks used to...

Looks like it takes him a looong time to get up to speed. My guess he is too slow to play DI. Most plays show guys catching up to him from all over at bad angles. Definitely big and strong and stable as a runner, but in college the tackling will be better.

Maybe a fullback at college.

Looks like Gary (???) who played TB for Mase for 1.5 seasons b4 not going to class caught up with him. Being impossible to knock down is actually an effective RB ability.
Marshawn L was a lot faster than this by the way.

Looks like Gary (???) who played TB for Mase for 1.5 seasons b4 not going to class caught up with him. Being impossible to knock down is actually an effective RB ability.
Marshawn L was a lot faster than this by the way.

Gary Russell?

Looks like it takes him a looong time to get up to speed. My guess he is too slow to play DI. Most plays show guys catching up to him from all over at bad angles. Definitely big and strong and stable as a runner, but in college the tackling will be better.

I didn't think that. He doesn't have blazing speed, but he also doesn't get caught from behind on some of the long runs. There aren't many DB's who look like they want to tackle him either.

Garry Shandling?

One of my all time favorite shows!

Also, he had one of my favorite jokes while at an award show (MTV, maybe) when he told Snoop Doggy Dog how much he enjoys listening to him while sitting on the couch with his b1tch.

R.I.P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn’t disagree more; young fella had a plethora of 60-70-80 and a 95 yard TD runs. I would guesstimate his speed in the 4.65 to 4.85 range which is plenty fast enough. Legarret Blount ran 4.70 at the NFL combine. Burst and vision are far more important than top end speed at the RB position. What I see is outstanding power, great balance and vision. He looked to be carrying some unwanted (fat) weight.

He could get in shape, pick up an extra 2 or steps or he could get lazy and pick up some weight and loose 2 or 3 steps he can’t afford to lose. College material? Abso freaking lutely . Remember Danny Woodhead played at Chadron State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hurdle was impressive he's not a total plodder. I would be less concerned about his speed and more concerned that he can't replicate that style against grown major college or pro defenders without getting overpowered himself, injured, or both.

Too slow??????????????? Did you watch his tape? He could run a 5.1 and still get into the end zone

Too slow??????????????? Did you watch his tape? He could run a 5.1 and still get into the end zone

He looked like he was bigger than every single guy trying to tackle him. Not sure what level of competition that is. Seriously doubt he would chuck B1G DTs and LBs like that.

Not sure what level of competition that is.

I'm not sure either, but it is the first time I have seen one team wearing 3 different colors of pants in a game.

John Shevlin. A little Google-fu says he was the only #46 on that team.

Here’s his senior hudl. Check out his kick return at the 30 second mark. He’s not exactly fast, but he’s fast enough. His running movement with those churning Barney Rubble legs is borderline comical. How can anyone not like this kid? He may indeed be a gem like Shannon was for us. Can’t teach aggression and balance like that. I love it.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4342310/5a280680578d9e116c3f68a1' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom