All Things Spring Practice 2018 Thread

A current gophers offensive player involved in stolen CC and 1300 in purchases. Well find out if this is handled in house with suspension or becomes public.

A current gophers offensive player involved in stolen CC and 1300 in purchases. Well find out if this is handled in house with suspension or becomes public.

Is this like a recent thing or something? What are you talking about?

TinyPointedAlligatorgar

Where are you getting this information?

Culture?

If this is the entirety of the story and it's accurate, for culture purposes he should probably be off the team. But (unlike a lot of other crimes/accusations) I personally don't really care about it if he's producing.

If this is the entirety of the story and it's accurate, for culture purposes he should probably be off the team. But (unlike a lot of other crimes/accusations) I personally don't really care about it if he's producing.

Of course you'd gladly kick guys off the team for alleged, unproven incidents (like sexual assault) and keep guys on the team who've actually committed proven, verifiable crimes. You really have your sense of justice in order.

Of course you'd gladly kick guys off the team for alleged, unproven incidents (like sexual assault) and keep guys on the team who've actually committed proven, verifiable crimes. You really have your sense of justice in order.

This thread might go off the rails and for that I apologize.

I understand you're going to disagree and that's fine, but it's never been about "justice". The University of Minnesota has never been and will never be a court of law. Nobody is going to jail. Nobody is forced to go through the trial process. Being a student-athlete or student is a privilege, not a right. As humans we are allowed to have our own thoughts and opinions about other people's actions. (You're probably talking about my opinions on Reggie Lynch, but if not disregard). My thoughts on Reggie Lynch are that he doesn't deserve to represent the University of Minnesota because he probably did some pretty heinous things and in turn dragged the University of Minnesota through the mud. He put himself in the position to get accused of sexual misconduct multiple times. That's on him. The average college student gets accused zero times. Hold yourself to a higher standard.

Anyway, this mystery offensive lineman should probably get kicked off the team. But this mystery situation, so far, is a heck of a lot different than dragging the University of Minnesota through the mud on a national scale.

I understand you're going to disagree and that's fine, but it's never been about "justice". The University of Minnesota has never been and will never be a court of law. Nobody is going to jail. Nobody is forced to go through the trial process. Being a student-athlete or student is a privilege, not a right. As humans we are allowed to have our own thoughts and opinions about other people's actions. (You're probably talking about my opinions on Reggie Lynch, but if not disregard). My thoughts on Reggie Lynch are that he doesn't deserve to represent the University of Minnesota because he probably did some pretty heinous things and in turn dragged the University of Minnesota through the mud. He put himself in the position to get accused of sexual misconduct multiple times. That's on him. The average college student gets accused zero times. Hold yourself to a higher standard.

Anyway, this mystery offensive lineman should probably get kicked off the team. But this mystery situation, so far, is a heck of a lot different than dragging the University of Minnesota through the mud on a national scale.

You can attempt to rationalize it as much as you want - wanting to keep a thief on the team over someone who may or may not have committed a crime is completely backwards.

gopherhoopsguy said it was an offensive player not an OL.
I'm thinking the U (Coyle/Kaler) had as much to do with dragging the U through the mud as the 5 players who were kicked off the team and the 5 who were not.
If this happened on campus, will the EOAA get involved? If so, how many others will be "involved"?

You're actually wrong here. It's not like we have a difference of opinion, you're just flat out wrong.

"Justice" and "rights" are not about a court of law, they represent the way that our government must treat us. For example, I (an individual) can suppress your freedom of speech. However, the government cannot suppress your freedom of speech. The courts role is determine whether or not that freedom was suppressed by the government.

The University of Minnesota is a public institution. So, to help understand this, think of the University of MN as an extension of the government. The University of MN cannot act in unjust ways. This is why there is a Due Process guaranteed to students at public universities, people with government jobs, etc.

As to your other point, I have zero problem with the university suspending players from the team while the dust settles and the facts get sorted out. Your idea that people should hold themselves to a standard where they aren't accused of a crime is insane. I'm not saying that's the situation here, I don't know anything about this. However, I think you might be better off in life if you exercised a little prudence.

gopherhoopsguy said it was an offensive player not an OL.
I'm thinking the U (Coyle/Kaler) had as much to do with dragging the U through the mud as the 5 players who were kicked off the team and the 5 who were not.
If this happened on campus, will the EOAA get involved? If so, how many others will be "involved"?

Kaler/Coyle and the media were playing to a bunch of goldfish. The facts don't matter.

And people call me pompous.

What I don't know if it was taken from another football player or someone else in the public. I never heard if charges would be brought or handled in house. I am guessing that will be determined by all people involved. Time will tell.

What I won't do is name player, in case it's delt with in house.

Top Bottom