Starters Mason and Konate miss practice but expected to play vs. Rutgers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Gophers senior guard Nate Mason missed practice with a hip injury, but he’s expected to play Wednesday in the Big Ten tournament opening round against Rutgers, coach Richard Pitino said.

Mason, who averaged a team-high 18.6 points in Big Ten play, has been playing through pain in his hips and from a bruise on his right shin suffered last week against Wisconsin.

Pitino said Mason missed practice Monday and will also rest Tuesday before the team heads to New York.

“His hips have been hurting him, so we’ll rest him,” Pitino said. “This has been going on a little bit, so he’s not been practicing all the time. He’s just had it, and maybe it’s just wear and tear a little bit. I expect him to play, but it’s been difficult from a practice standpoint.”

http://www.startribune.com/starters...ce-but-expected-to-play-vs-rutgers/475291923/

Go Gophers!!

My hip and shin would hurt too after that trip from Davidson!

Pitino put Mason and Murphy back in the game against Purdue on Sunday with about 6:30 left on the clock and the score being 75-45. I thought this was bizarre at the time, but even stranger given that Mason now had to miss practice.

Top Bottom