Anyone else bothered by Fleck's "brand" being on the uniforms.

We're being optimistic that somehow Fleck is going to be the messiah that leads us out of the cellar. Even PJ says it's at least 2 years away...minimum.

Which is why I said it takes time. *smh*

Anyway, if you think I am being "overly optimistic about Fleck" because I had a positive reaction to the uniforms then go right ahead?? :confused:

Have a good evening.

Which is why I said it takes time. *smh*

Anyway, if you think I am being "overly optimistic about Fleck" because I had a positive reaction to the uniforms then go right ahead?? :confused:

Have a good evening.

You can think Fleck has a chance AND that the uniforms should not carry his slogans on it at the same time. Just saying.\

Wasn't a big fan of the Goldy helmet, but had no problem with it. Goldy is the U. You can design and have uniforms that fit the culture that still represent the University of Minnesota. It's not that hard.

I am fine with the overall designs of the uniform, I think some of the color choices are strange. It is ridiculous for a major D1 program to be putting beaver paddles on their helmets! Like one poster said, could Mike Lynch put Jolly Rogers pirate emblems on the side in place of the M? Why not just put "play hard" or "the ball is the program" or "HYPRR" or any other random coach speak on the uniform in place of the Minnesota! Or, hell, just put a Shark on each side in place of the M.... it isn't the U's team, it is PJ's team let him do what ever he wants.... Fk NO! FK NO! This is the University of Minnesota team and PJ is the current place hold of the head coach position. He is free to use what ever slogans, motivational tactics and recruiting techniques that he wants, but please respect the University of Minnesota brand. Don't get me wrong, I am a PJ fan and really think he will be successful at the U, but please show respect for an institution that is much bigger than just him. Look how the other programs like BB respect the U in the uniforms, they don't make it about the coach.

Spot on.

Don't mind the branding- but after the way last season finished- I hope we remember those are oars on our helmets and not paddles pointed at our a*sses.

Apparently the lead designer for the uniforms is a graduate of Kasson-Mantorville high school down by Rochester.

Top Bottom