Anyone else bothered by Fleck's "brand" being on the uniforms.

Hasn't really come up here. I'm guessing it's just not an important thing for fans, especially fans on Gopherhole. :rolleyes:

Old schoolers like to keep it pure traditional. But, if this is what the young pups like and they buy into it and if it helps with recruiting go for it.

If you read either of the 3 uniform related threads you'll get your answer. We don't need another thread about this.

Not really.

Coaches are a brand, when we hired PJ we made a big deal about PJ.... this is the future and how it works.

Granted I don't like some of the uniforms from what I've seen online so far for other reasons ;)

I'm more concerned about recruiting, the culture of the team etc. Do they have what it takes to win? Uniforms is the least of my concerns. If uniforms are going to bother me, then I have a deep problem more ways than one.

I wish they'd have hired Mike Leach so he could plaster the Jolly Roger all over the uniforms.

the gopher football program's brand is fleck. which i'm fine with. it's not like a national recruit knew anything about us before. we finally have a national brand of sorts.

If the Band marches down University Avenue, I'm Ok with it.

If the Band marches down University Avenue, I'm Ok with it.

i wish they'd close off university avenue for game day, make it festive, band, food trucks, etc.

I am fine with the overall designs of the uniform, I think some of the color choices are strange. It is ridiculous for a major D1 program to be putting beaver paddles on their helmets! Like one poster said, could Mike Lynch put Jolly Rogers pirate emblems on the side in place of the M? Why not just put "play hard" or "the ball is the program" or "HYPRR" or any other random coach speak on the uniform in place of the Minnesota! Or, hell, just put a Shark on each side in place of the M.... it isn't the U's team, it is PJ's team let him do what ever he wants.... Fk NO! FK NO! This is the University of Minnesota team and PJ is the current place hold of the head coach position. He is free to use what ever slogans, motivational tactics and recruiting techniques that he wants, but please respect the University of Minnesota brand. Don't get me wrong, I am a PJ fan and really think he will be successful at the U, but please show respect for an institution that is much bigger than just him. Look how the other programs like BB respect the U in the uniforms, they don't make it about the coach.

I think it's tops.
Thanks for asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened to 'the name on the front is more important than the one on the back'?

The U pays Fleck, yet he can make changes so bold that his own mantras and icons replace that of the institution with which he is working for? Disgraceful.

Yeah, it bugs me. RTB isn't a Minnesota thing, it's a PJ Fleck thing. If we permit this kind of self-aggrandizing deal, why not just put Fleck's face on the side of the helmet?

The uniform schemes and what to put or not to put on them is my least of my worries.

I am more worried about the big picture and the reason why PJ Fleck was hired in the first place.

Can the Gophers win and win titles under PJ Fleck? That is the $3.5M question. It will take three to four years to get an answer. Be patient.

Yeah, it bugs me. RTB isn't a Minnesota thing, it's a PJ Fleck thing. If we permit this kind of self-aggrandizing deal, why not just put Fleck's face on the side of the helmet?

Yes! Yes! Finally people are coming up with some great ways to get the PJ brand out there.

I don't know why but the Row the Boat being on the uniforms really bothers me.

This article at least some of it agrees with me.

What do you guys think?

http://thetailgatesociety.com/2018/02/row-the-boat/

Nope. I am bothered by how ugly some of the combos are (particularly anthracite and gold pants), but the branding doesn’t bother me. I want the players to totally buy into his mindset and philosophy and fleckisms. If it works, I don’t care what we wear or how many acronyms we have to try to remember. If it doesn’t work, he’s gone in 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently PJ Flake is the brand that gets us to the promised land...

We've embraced it on the field for over 50 years...[emoji22]

You missed the context. Embrace the new style uniforms and Flecks culture. Neither of which have been here 50 years. It takes time. Unless you have given up on Fleck. If you think we need a different HC, then it will be four different head coaches in the last 4 years.

You missed the context. Embrace the new style uniforms and Flecks culture. Neither of which have been here 50 years. It takes time. Unless you have given up on Fleck. If you think we need a different HC, then it will be four different head coaches in the last 4 years.
We're being optimistic that somehow Fleck is going to be the messiah that leads us out of the cellar. Even PJ says it's at least 2 years away...minimum.

Top Bottom