B1G Tournament 2018

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
Indy insanity.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wide open. I think OSU has to be the favorite, but they not unbeatable, as they've had times this year when they don't play any defense. And I think both Maryland and Nebraska are beatable as the 2 and 3 seeds. Should be fun. Purdue, the Gophers, Iowa, Indiana, and Michigan also are good enough to make runs.

Rutgers/Purdue and Michigan State/Indiana will spice up the second day. It will be intense, desperation basketball.

Rutgers/Purdue and Michigan State/Indiana will spice up the second day. It will be intense, desperation basketball.

I would prefer we were in the bracket with MD because I think we match up better with them. Of course, if we shoot 16/23 from 3 we can beat any team in the BIG. I just hope we show up and play hard.

Based on this release from the Big Ten - it appears that one might be able to view Wednesday - Friday games on Fox Sports North and/or Fox Sports North Plus:

http://www.bigten.org/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/022718aaa.html

Feb. 27, 2018

ROSEMONT, Ill. — The Big Ten Conference and the Big Ten Network have unveiled additional television coverage plans for the first three days of the 25th Big Ten Women’s Basketball Tournament that tips off Wednesday and continues through Sunday night at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.

All of the tournament’s first-round (Games 1-2), second-round (Games 3-6) and quarterfinal (Games 7-10) contests, played Wednesday through Friday, will be televised live on BTN2Go (available to authenticated BTN subscribers) as well as on linear television through several Regional Sports Networks (RSN) around the country. Those RSN affiliates that will carry the early-round tournament games cover the home markets for all 14 Big Ten schools throughout the conference footprint and are as follows:

• Fox Sports North (Games 5-6 will air on FS North PLUS; will not air Game 10)

Our Friday game would be game 8

http://www.bigten.org/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/022718aac.html

We're looking good in the Sagarin Ratings:

The Big Ten ranked No. 3 in Tuesday’s NCAA conference RPI, while six Big Ten schools were among the top 50 in the NCAA team RPI rankings, including three in the top 25. Ohio State leads the way at No. 6, joined by No. 16 Iowa and No. 21 Maryland. Michigan is next at No. 38, followed by Rutgers at No. 43 and Minnesota at No. 46, with Indiana (No. 54), Purdue (No. 56), Michigan State (No. 61) and Nebraska (No. 64) not far off.

• The Big Ten had seven schools in the top 50 of Tuesday’s Sagarin ratings. The group includes No. 11 Ohio State, No. 14 Maryland, No. 24 Michigan, No. 27 Iowa, No. 32 Minnesota, No. 34 Michigan State and No. 42 Rutgers, with Nebraska (No. 53), Purdue (No. 58) and Indiana (No. 59) close behind.

Other notes:

Four of the nation’s top 10 active NCAA Division I scoring leaders are Big Ten students — Ohio State’s Kelsey Mitchell (1st - 3,286; also third in NCAA D-I history), Michigan’s Katelynn Flaherty (2nd - 2,700), Indiana’s Tyra Buss (5th - 2,204) and Rutgers’ Tyler Scaife (6th - 2,201), with Minnesota’s Carlie Wagner just outside the top 10 in 11th (2,127).

• 15 Big Ten students (from 11 schools) have scored 30 points in a game this year, including six who have done it more than once The Big Ten’s 30-point scorers this year include: Illinois’ Alex Wittinger, Indiana’s Tyra Buss (three times), Iowa’s Megan Gustafson (seven times), Maryland’s Kaila Charles (twice) and Eleanna Christinaki, Michigan’s Katelynn Flaherty (three times), Minnesota’s Kenisha Bell (four times) and Carlie Wagner, Northwestern’s Lindsey Pulliam, Ohio State’s Stephanie Mavunga and Kelsey Mitchell (seven times), Penn State’s Teniya Page and Jaida Travascio-Green, Purdue’s Andreona Keys and Rutgers’ Tyler Scaife

31-22 NW at the half

Pulliam 18 pts, 3 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl

68-63 NW final

Pulliam 24 pts, 3 reb, 2 ast, 2 to, 1 stl

NW moves on to challenge Iowa tomorrow

68-63 NW final

Pulliam 24 pts, 3 reb, 2 ast, 2 to, 1 stl

NW moves on to challenge Iowa tomorrow

Just when I was thinking Northwestern would give Iowa a little work out, they nearly blew a 17 point lead in the last 6:45. The 'Cats were saved by a charging call on McMorris nullifying the tying bucket in the final second.

Illinois is hanging with PSU, and Wittinger hasn't even taken a shot yet

13-10 PSU with 4:24 left in first

I'll be a Wildcat fan tomorrow, but I don't give them much of a chance. NW too young and not enough talent to hang with the Hawkeyes. NW's freshman Pulliam has a great pull-up jump shot and she looks like she'll be an all-conference player sooner than later. Minnesotans McMorris and Frederickson both in double figures for the Badgers. Too bad McMorris never got to play on any good teams in her career with the Badgers.

33-27 PSU at the half

Wittinger started shooting and got up to 12 pts along with 6 reb

Page for PSU with 19 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl

Well that got out of hand quickly

83-57 PSU final

T Page 38 pts (14-24, 4-8 3P, 6-9 FT), 4 reb, 4 ast, 1 to, 2 stl, 1 blk in 38 min

Not sure why they played her this many minutes. Not realizing they play every day in this tournament?

Wittinger & Brown scored 21 pts each for IL but it wasn't enough.

PSU advances to take on Michigan tomorrow night, probably around 8:15 local time.

Purdue came close! 62-60 Rutgers final
Scaife 19 pts, 2 ast

bigtent.jpg

Purdue came close! 62-60 Rutgers final
Scaife 19 pts, 2 ast

Crazy finish...Rutgers dominated the game blocking shot after shot and then Purdue scored 9 points in 50 seconds to tie at 58. But they couldn't complete the comeback.

Meanwhile early in the second quarter it's Iowa 24 and Northwestern 1.

I like that the Cats came back and were pressing, even if they don’t win they are making Iowa exert more energy. Last thing we need as Gopher fans is Iowa having a big lead and pulling their starters

NW is actually making a game out of this!

47-42 Iowa with 3:55 left

Gutty effort by Northwestern after a horrendous start. I echo Kato's thoughts in thinking that it was probably good for our Gophers when Northwestern made the Hawkeyes play the full 40 minutes. Northwestern seemed to hold Gustafson to modest numbers...I think it was 12 points and 9 rebounds, however some of the other Hawkeyes provided needed contributions....Meyer, Doyle, Coley, Stuart, even Sevillian. Northwestern's Akpanah gave Gustafson all she could handle on the inside and finished with a ton of rebounds. Gustafson also sat for a while with 4 fouls. Hawkeyes had a lot of turnovers. Will be interesting to see how the Gophers defend tomorrow. I'm expecting that Gustafson will be double-teamed early every time she touches the ball. Fernstrom to start at the post? Would be nice to get Gustafson in foul trouble, but that would probably have to be done with drives to the hoop by the guards and not passes to the post. Although if Bello is active under the boards, she might be able to draw a foul or two on Gustafson. Gophers were in attendance for the Iowa-Northwestern game.

Agee still playing hard after 2OT's. Buss seems to be dragging a bit.

MSU was ripped off. The ball was out before the clock reached zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSU was ripped off. The ball was out before the clock reached zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But....like that famous Rutgers/Tennessee game a few years ago, the game clock stalled (this time at 2.5 seconds) before restarting.

Naturally, I was treated to the most Tyra Bussy foul in OT. Reimer makes shoulder to shoulder contact with Buss and Tyra goes flying and crumbling to the court amidst the cheer leaders. Reimer gets a flagrant 1 call and the announcers feels sorry for Buss.

Top Bottom