FBI Lists

Block M

Reaction score
So far we are not on it....sure hope it stays that way. A few B1G teams are on it.

Just think if Bacardi Konate shows up on there? :rolleyes:

The FBI are most likely looking into the big Kahunas.

I don't have a link, but we are currently at 30 teams at varying levels of potential violations. Here's the list...

Assistant Coaches Arrested
1 Arizona
2 Auburn
3 Oklahoma St
4 USC

Current Player/Family Member was Paid/Given Loan
5 Michigan St
6 South Carolina
7 Texas
USC (x2)

Current Player Already Suspended from Competition Pending Investigation
Auburn
USC

Former Player/Family Member was Paid/Given Loan
8 Clemson
9 Kansas (x2)
10 Kentucky
11 LSU
12 Louisville
13 Maryland
14 Massachusetts
15 NC State
16 Penn St
17 Seton Hall
18 Utah
19 Washington
20 Wichita St
21 Xavier

Current Player/Family Member had Meal w/ Dawkins
22 Alabama
23 Duke
Kentucky

Former Player/Family Member had Meal w/ Dawkins
24 Creighton
25 Iowa St
26 North Carolina
27 Notre Dame
Texas
28 Vanderbilt
29 Virginia

Others where involvement is unclear
Louisvile (fired Rick Pitino and AD Tom Jurich)
Michigan St (dinner meeting with Izzo)
30 Villanova (dinner meeting with coaches from Villanova, names not specified)

To be fair, I'll add that almost everything here is only allegations at this point.

Have the afternoon off and drinking today?. I've never heard of Bacardi Konate lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. The fellas over at StillGotHope.com decided before the season to start calling him Bacardi Konate. I thought it worked well. :cool:

No one is going down. This will be a "bad agent acting outside the rules taking advantage of kids and families with no knowledge of schools and programs" except maybe Utah and Oklahoma State who are low enough on the food chain for the NCAA to flex it's muscle.

Its funny that when the list comes out or any report to players being paid, people act all surprised. This isn't something new to college athletics. These high school kids, that are projected to be one and dones, use these colleges as a 6 month stop. They know come summer time they will be millionaires. To think that they even really care about a place that they are spending half the year at is crazy.

I'd almost bet that any big name college player has received something from someone. When a shark smells blood in the water they will come. In this case it is the agents and the people around these players seeing dollar signs. Family members step in and have backroom meetings with agents, players might not even know its happening.

Its funny that when the list comes out or any report to players being paid, people act all surprised. This isn't something new to college athletics. These high school kids, that are projected to be one and dones, use these colleges as a 6 month stop. They know come summer time they will be millionaires. To think that they even really care about a place that they are spending half the year at is crazy.

I'd almost bet that any big name college player has received something from someone. When a shark smells blood in the water they will come. In this case it is the agents and the people around these players seeing dollar signs. Family members step in and have backroom meetings with agents, players might not even know its happening.

I'm not surprised it's going on, I'm surprised that the FBI got involved. Probably the only way anything was going to happen. And I'm hoping they have taped evidence of some of the coaches that WERE involved, being involved. I'm not hoping coaches were involved, that would be sad, but I'm assuming that coaches were involved and I'm hoping that the coaches that WERE involved, got caught!!!

I wonder how many high profile MN HS basketball players who went to big name BB colleges are entangled in this mess...

A Bacardi Konate is when halfway through a party(halfway through the season), with plenty of Bacardi left to drink, all the Coke(Lynch), Pepsi(Curry) & RC(Stockman?) is gone and all you have left is some diet Shasta cola(Konate) or something like that left to make your Rum & Cola's with.

I was thinking you get it close to your mouth but miss and spill it all over.

I was thinking nobody hands you the drink because they know you are going to spill it.

I was thinking you get it close to your mouth but miss and spill it all over.

Once I perfect it, I'll pull an Unregistered User and invite everyone over for a tasting but actually invite nobody.

It will be interesting to see how this is handled.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Several-Universities-May-Be/242626

Some basketball players received thousands in payments from ASM Sports, the agency named in the new report, according to the documents. At least 20 programs could be implicated, including Duke University, the University of Southern California, and the University of Kentucky, Yahoo reported.

No one is going down. This will be a "bad agent acting outside the rules taking advantage of kids and families with no knowledge of schools and programs" except maybe Utah and Oklahoma State who are low enough on the food chain for the NCAA to flex it's muscle.

Considering they already have Sean Miller on wiretap discussing payments, your statement is already false.

I imagine there's many more...

Considering they already have Sean Miller on wiretap discussing payments, your statement is already false.

I imagine there's many more...

He's not down yet. He will have a legal defense, and what the FBI does may or may not correlate to what the NCAA does. Is Miller still on the sidelines? If so, he's not down. I stand by my assertion that the schools and NCAA will come up with something that pins this on agents, runners, and shoe companies while they make a bold public commitment purifying big time college basketball, while functionally punishing no one of significance. I want to be wrong.

He's not down yet. He will have a legal defense, and what the FBI does may or may not correlate to what the NCAA does. Is Miller still on the sidelines? If so, he's not down. I stand by my assertion that the schools and NCAA will come up with something that pins this on agents, runners, and shoe companies while they make a bold public commitment purifying big time college basketball, while functionally punishing no one of significance. I want to be wrong.

I stand corrected. Just saw Miller is not coaching

IW will hand it you anyway. Over and over. He doesn't know better.

If this were a cartoon, he'd be a Tasmanian Devil-style tornado that ejects a basketball at random times and in random directions. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Top Bottom