Reusses: Final home game for Nate Mason, Jordan Murphy and Isaiah Washington

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I believe this would be referred to as trolling. Remember when he tweeted something about about the Gophers playing Duke in the ACC/B1G Challenge?

Troll level: expert.

Actually, not the best troll job. Unless Murphy is graduating early, there's little reason for him to jump ship. Reusse's just gumming up band width with this one.

Troll level: expert.

Actually, not the best troll job. Unless Murphy is graduating early, there's little reason for him to jump ship. Reusse's just gumming up band width with this one.

Thought I remember reading that Murphy was on path to Graduate in December so he wouldn't be eligible for the grad transfer rule unless he were to take a lot of Summer school classes to graduate early.

Yes, troll. He's a baseball guy. He trolls gophers teams - wouldn't think about doing such a thing toward the Twins. Maybe he feels the University mistreated him at some point?

Just throwing things out there acting like he has some info.. He does not even want the U to succeed.

He loves to poke fun at Gophers. I thought it was hilarious.

Stop calling this guy a troll. Troll minimizes what he’s doing. He’s a d*ckhead. Stop giving him attention. There’s a difference between being a troll and being a sh*tty person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About a year ago he wrote an article where he did mea culpas. Twins and gophers were coming off bad seasons and were now having very good seasons. He admitted he didnt see these turnarounds coming. He wrote, however, he wouldn't issue an apology to the Gophers for the specific reason that 8-23 was the worst record in Gopher history. His point was 2015-2016 was so bad no apology was deserved. He then continued in the article to apologize to the Twins even though they had also just earned the worst record in Twins history 59-103. Not the end of the world but illustrates the bias he brings to the table with the Gophers.

Just like when he tweeted that recruits announced at halftime of one of our games that they weren't going to play here. He's a fan of fake news.

For some reason, he blocked me on twitter. I've never replied to a tweet of his... I don't know how that's possible.

Stop calling this guy a troll. Troll minimizes what he’s doing. He’s a d*ckhead. Stop giving him attention. There’s a difference between being a troll and being a sh*tty person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who cares? Thin skin is rampant on Gopher Hole. You give him exactly what he wants.

Who cares? Thin skin is rampant on Gopher Hole. You give him exactly what he wants.

Gopher fans don't have to roll over and laugh along with Pat's assh*olery. This kind of thing isn't accepted anywhere that succeeds. But since Pat's a kooky old man we feel the need to laugh along with his BS. Screw this guy. We don't need to accept the media's bias against the Gophers.

If nobody gives negative feedback they never change.

Would it be at all surprising if either/both Murphy and Washington really did play their last game at Williams arena?

Would it be at all surprising if either/both Murphy and Washington really did play their last game at Williams arena?

Only if it was their last home game.

As I said in an email to a friend, this type of tweet from Reusse is way out of line unless he actually has information that makes this tweet factual. As someone else pointed out, he's done this before "joking" about a recruit who didn't say/do what Reusse claimed he did. It's just a ridiculously bad look for someone who is a "journalist" and is paid to cover sports. In the case of the Gophers, who are banned from Twitter during the season, it's even a worse look because the players have no opportunity to correct the record on that platform. That's beside the point though, as college kids shouldn't have to speak on rumors and/or jokes perpetuated by an adult who gets paid to write/talk about sports.

I had forgotten that players can again test the NBA waters and retain their eligibility and I think it's certainly possible Jordan Murphy does that. I'd be shocked if he was drafted given his size and the type of game he plays, but the numbers he put up this year might be enough for him to at least take some workouts.

Gopher fans don't have to roll over and laugh along with Pat's assh*olery. This kind of thing isn't accepted anywhere that succeeds. But since Pat's a kooky old man we feel the need to laugh along with his BS. Screw this guy. We don't need to accept the media's bias against the Gophers.

If nobody gives negative feedback they never change.

Do you really think no one in the Twin Cities market has given Patrick Reusse negative feedback? Do you really think that people just "laugh along with him?" He has been in print media for 50 years and on the TC sports talk radio for 35 years. His schtick hasn't changed.

For ****'s sake kid.

A psychologist might say that Reusse was probably picked on as a child and later as a teenager, by jocks, and very possibly 1 or 2 specifically that went on to play for UMn. One of the jocks who did not pick on him probably went to a MIAC school. So now his psychological/emotional/mental health issues have driven him to use this medium to try to get revenge on the bullies that picked on him.

Makes perfect sense to me.

And its only going to get worse, because I'd bet several paychecks that he can't get laid without paying for it.

Btw, I feel very uncomfortable judging people for their outward appearances or for the sound of their voice or anything physical, but there is an exception I am willing to make when the inner character of the person, when their personality is so incredibly rancid and ugly that their outward ugliness pales in comparison to how ugly of a person they simply are seems to justify ridiculing their outward appearance as well. Some might say karma is a b1tch, and you reap what you sow? And being a sports writer who regularly criticizes athletes, I think it's rather justified to point out how FAT and out of shape Reusse is. He is the epitome of the fat lazy armchair QB who couldn't succeed in sports himself, and so has figured out a way to vent his anger and frustration over that fact against those he feels the most anger towards.

Yes, troll. He's a baseball guy. He trolls gophers teams - wouldn't think about doing such a thing toward the Twins. Maybe he feels the University mistreated him at some point?

Fatrick has some close friends who did something stupid at the university many moons ago. Fatrick feels they were mistreated(as all these talking heads think they are a big deal for some reason) and has hated the gophers ever since. Not many know about this.

Fatrick is petty about it as the "U" was in the right. I give the fatass a free pass, because it's who he is.

Anyone ever listen to his radio show? I do every once in a while and when they laugh at everything they say, it's like two women are laughing. One has this really high-pitched, gross, fake laugh. Is that Fatrick? I've been trying to figure this out for years. Both laughs are gross, but my goal in life is to figure out which one belongs to the Fat Ass from Fulda.

By the way, does anyone here know that Fatrick had a drinking problem? Tune into his show next week to hear about it 100 times.

I kind of appreciate Fatrick though. This media collection of sports writers and columnists in this town are a collection of misfits. A 100 year old leading the way in Sid, Fatrick, Barreiro(Penis Head) who wants to talk politics all day........and on and on. No major market media has such a collection of turds for their sports media. It's quite sad, but with all our loser sports teams, we might as have loser sports people too. I almost appreciate how they can paid all these for being so inept. These sports talkers have nothing on Brewster, Pitino, etc in terms of talent, and they can't see it at all.

I'm going to miss this fools ineptness when he retires.

I follow the guy on Twitter because, like with his writings, he's got something of substance to say once in a while. But having seen most of his tweets and interactions, he's an extraordinarily immature and petty person for his age and, like EG says above, makes a mockery of normal journalistic standards. He'll tell you he's a columnist, not a reporter, but that doesn't excuse the irresponsible stuff he throws out there for fun and to anger people. He misuses his platform.

For some reason, he blocked me on twitter. I've never replied to a tweet of his... I don't know how that's possible.

You might have replied to someone who had replied to one of his tweets or something. That's what happened with me and Souhan. He blocked me because I made comments about his Jerry Kill article.

A psychologist might say that Reusse was probably picked on as a child and later as a teenager, by jocks, and very possibly 1 or 2 specifically that went on to play for UMn. One of the jocks who did not pick on him probably went to a MIAC school. So now his psychological/emotional/mental health issues have driven him to use this medium to try to get revenge on the bullies that picked on him.

Makes perfect sense to me.

And its only going to get worse, because I'd bet several paychecks that he can't get laid without paying for it.

Btw, I feel very uncomfortable judging people for their outward appearances or for the sound of their voice or anything physical, but there is an exception I am willing to make when the inner character of the person, when their personality is so incredibly rancid and ugly that their outward ugliness pales in comparison to how ugly of a person they simply are seems to justify ridiculing their outward appearance as well. Some might say karma is a b1tch, and you reap what you sow? And being a sports writer who regularly criticizes athletes, I think it's rather justified to point out how FAT and out of shape Reusse is. He is the epitome of the fat lazy armchair QB who couldn't succeed in sports himself, and so has figured out a way to vent his anger and frustration over that fact against those he feels the most anger towards.

ok, why don't you tell us how you really feel. If his takes were just a bit it would be one thing. Does seem to be personal with him for some reason.

ok, why don't you tell us how you really feel. If his takes were just a bit it would be one thing. Does seem to be personal with him for some reason.

I actually held back, :)

Do you really think no one in the Twin Cities market has given Patrick Reusse negative feedback? Do you really think that people just "laugh along with him?" He has been in print media for 50 years and on the TC sports talk radio for 35 years. His schtick hasn't changed.

For ****'s sake kid.

The lead is being buried, here.

Do we really think the difference between the Gophers being an athletic powerhouse and the current state of affairs is a few comments from Ruesse/Souhan in some dying newspaper?

Sure, probably not the best form, but this dog-and-pony athletic department deserves every last bit criticism. Most around here seem to thoroughly enjoy going overboard disparaging players when they don't perform. Is it just off limits to him because he's not a member of some club?

Top Bottom