How many teams need to go down for us to make the tourney?

Would it matter? Do we deserve to play in ANY post season tourney, its not our fault, its just reality, would any tourney want a hobbled Gopher team? I mean, the first how many games of ours had us playing with most of our lineup? Those shouldn't be looked at when considering where we are this season. the FBI could ban the Top 40 teams in the nation this year from post season play and I wouldn't think we deserved to be in the Big Dance. Hey, if the Top 40 got banned, then maybe we'd deserve an NIT or CBI bid, but would we want to risk injury to any more players?

Now THIS is the question we should be asking!

The Yahoo articles have been sounding apocalyptic. Granted a whole lot of people stand to end up in legal trouble and/or in jail, but will the NCAA actually take enforcement action against this many programs? Do they even have the capacity if they wanted to? I could be wrong, but I think this is a key question. What if the NCAA is simply overwhelmed? That's beside the question of whether they'd even want to go after this many teams including their elites. I sense they'd just as soon look the other way but know there would be a furor if they did. If it ends up too big and too widespread, would they / could they just let it pass without action? This is uncharted territory.

Now THIS is the question we should be asking!

The Yahoo articles have been sounding apocalyptic. Granted a whole lot of people stand to end up in legal trouble and/or in jail, but will the NCAA actually take enforcement action against this many programs? Do they even have the capacity if they wanted to? I could be wrong, but I think this is a key question. What if the NCAA is simply overwhelmed? That's beside the question of whether they'd even want to go after this many teams including their elites. I sense they'd just as soon look the other way but know there would be a furor if they did. If it ends up too big and too widespread, would they / could they just let it pass without action? This is uncharted territory.

They may choose to divide and conquer. Take down the biggest offender that they can take down quickly, and maybe 1-3 of the lesser offenders, then go after another group, again with one big offender and 1-3 of the lesser offenders, finally leaving the last group being those who they'll need the most time to make a solid case against. Not sure exactly how many programs they are going after, but if it was 16, then it might be 4 phases, 4 programs each phase give or take, depending on how many programs end up being big offenders and how many are smaller offenders. I mean, just trying to think of this logically, and like a business person would, spread out the damage as much as possible, and time the announcements and punishments in a way that will make the biggest headlines, while having the least impact on college bb as a whole?

They may choose to divide and conquer. Take down the biggest offender that they can take down quickly, and maybe 1-3 of the lesser offenders, then go after another group, again with one big offender and 1-3 of the lesser offenders, finally leaving the last group being those who they'll need the most time to make a solid case against. Not sure exactly how many programs they are going after, but if it was 16, then it might be 4 phases, 4 programs each phase give or take, depending on how many programs end up being big offenders and how many are smaller offenders. I mean, just trying to think of this logically, and like a business person would, spread out the damage as much as possible, and time the announcements and punishments in a way that will make the biggest headlines, while having the least impact on college bb as a whole?

That's plausible.

Everything keeps reminding me of the Gilligan's Island episode where everyone ended up in their makeshift jail and that's how they ended up not getting rescued.

"If your school produced a first-round pick in the past three years, be worried."

Well, thank goodness...that puts us in the clear. :D

Wondering if Duke will be part of this mess.

Top Bottom