***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!*** SENIOR NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Nate on a fantastic career (technically not over yet)!

Another great effort by Konate.

And how does Bohannon go scoreless? He is exactly the type of player that just kills us.

Well, just going by the team we've been putting on the court recently(does this even count McBrayer?)

We lose

Mason,
Konate,
Gaston

And gain

Curry,
Coffey,
McBrayer(at full health)
Stockman
Hopefully a Grad Transfer
and 3 freshmen recruits!!!!!

That is EIGHT to replace GASTON, Bakary, Mason & a hobbled McBrayer.

OMG no way we'll be any better. :)

Maybe, but Wisconsin won't be down for long.
Is there freshman coming in? The days of Final Four are over for the Badgers. Heck, it will be tough for them to get to the dance in the next couple years.

Congrats to Nate on a fantastic career (technically not over yet)!

Another great effort by Konate.

And how does Bohannon go scoreless? He is exactly the type of player that just kills us.
Hawkeyes were bigger at every position and rarely did you see them posting up. If their guards had a clue how to post up they would have killed us with Washington and Harris in the game.

We gave up 63 F-ing points in the second half. I really hope coach rethinks his defensive approach next year.

Fun to see a win on senior night.

Very happy for the seniors that we won that game. They are a very likable group of guys. Mason left his heart on the court tonight. Cool to see his parents and Bakary’s brother cheering them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to know where WI is with their program right now. Maybe a blip. Maybe not.

So- just going through the play by play at the end- Isaiah Moss scored 19 points in the last 1:36. That has to be some sort of a record!

6-8 shooting 3 made threes 4 free throws- he missed a free throw and two three pointers...so he could have scored 26....:) Some of those threes were "runners" that were fairly closely guarded. Nothing is going to happen easily for this team.

Hard to know where WI is with their program right now. Maybe a blip. Maybe not.

The strange thing with WI over the last few recruiting cycles is their inability to get the top talent from in state. You'd think after that stretch of amazing basketball, it wouldn't be an issue but it seems to be.

Very happy for the guys to get a win on Senior Night. It might seem insignificant to us in an otherwise lost season, but it's special for Mason, Konate and Diedhiou. It's a night they'll take with them for several years.

Late game inbounding was an issue. I'd like to see some screens set for Mason and McBrayer so they don't have to work so hard to get open. What a night for Dupree. Struggled with some shots early, made a few big ones and somehow dunks on Iowa late in the game. Great moment for him in a tough season.

Konate played his best half of the season in the first 20 minutes, and did so without scoring. 10 rebounds, a blocked shot and solid defense. Mason also locked Bohannon down on D. Didn't have an open look all night, and was held scoreless. One play epitomized Iowa's first half: Mason's alley-oop to Murphy for the dunk. I know you're playing zone, but how do you just forget about him on the baseline???

If you didn't think Iowa was going to play much cleaner in the final 20 minutes and make more shots, you're kidding yourself. They've been one of the better scoring teams in the league all season. Their issue is they don't guard anyone.

I don't know how Garza doesn't get a Flagrant 1 for elbowing Fitzgerald in the face, but when our guards have been driving the lane and getting hacked all season with no call, nothing surprises me.

Getting the win is what matters. Wasn't pretty, rarely will it ever be against Iowa. Give Purdue a scare and see if we can win a game or 2 in the BTT.

We gave up 63 F-ing points in the second half. I really hope coach rethinks his defensive approach next year.

Yeah, I'm sure playing with just 8 guys and being up big had nothing to do with it.

Anyone have any insight about what happened with Iowa koo this year? Thought they were supposed to have shot at tourney this year. Maybe just that they're young? I know the announcer said they have a highly regarded recruit coming next year.

It was nice to get a win, but those 63 points leave me feeling down and with a bad taste in my mouth. They clearly let down on defensive effort midway through the first half and never recaptured it. Once Iowa got rolling, they were unstoppable.

Our whole season ticket group is bitter at the treatment Washington's gotten the last couple games. Just the violation of common sense to bench next year's starter for most of those second halves when it would be a great learning experience to play during crunch time of close games against beatable opponents. Those are non-duplicatable opportunities, and they were wasted.

Nate played like a dang hero. He will be so missed.

Konate was actually decent last night, I'm guessing he has 8-10 rebounds and was active.

Hurt is so painful to watch offensively, he passes up wide open 3 after 3. Not sure why, he has a decent shot.

Little Richie get so annoyed with Washington it's funny. Washington hits a 3, next possession Washington tries another step back 3 early in the shot clock and gets pulled for the game.

Thomas, Oturu, Fleck . . that massive D-tackle were right behind the bench.

Mason could score at will, I wish he would take it to the hole more. That's was there all the time. He will be missed!

Yeah, I'm sure playing with just 8 guys and being up big had nothing to do with it.
Well, pulling IW when he had a hot hand was mind bogglingly dumb.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well, pulling IW when he had a hot hand was mind bogglingly dumb.

?? What are you talking about here? When did IW have the hot hand?

I'm trying to figure that out as well. He made a layup early in the game, had a 3 pointer towards the end of the 1st half and then had another layup midway through the 2nd half.

It was nice to get a win, but those 63 points leave me feeling down and with a bad taste in my mouth. They clearly let down on defensive effort midway through the first half and never recaptured it. Once Iowa got rolling, they were unstoppable.

Our whole season ticket group is bitter at the treatment Washington's gotten the last couple games. Just the violation of common sense to bench next year's starter for most of those second halves when it would be a great learning experience to play during crunch time of close games against beatable opponents. Those are non-duplicatable opportunities, and they were wasted.

Nate played like a dang hero. He will be so missed.

When IW went 1 on 1 on the wing and tried the step back 3 pointer early in the shot clock, he absolutely should have been pulled from the game. He's the PG and his job is to distribute the ball to the rest of the team, not go off on his own and try a step back 3, so early in the shot clock.
Would you and your ticket group feel better about last night had IW played even more and had his shot selection and defensive lapses be the reason Iowa came back to win?

Okay, he was hotter than ice cold. He needed more game experience to be ready for next season.

22 in the last 1:41...

I wouldn't say it was bad defense, a majority of the shots were contested as best as they could be without fouling. Down double digits, McCaffrey made the choice to extend the game as long as humanly possible with about 1:50-ish left in the game. They took early looks in the shot clock, and fouled us immediately.

There were a few mental errors with fouls (1 on Mason, 1 on Murphy). Iowa just made shots, give them credit for not waving the white flag. We miss a few FTs, and the outcome is a lot closer than it should have been and closer than it felt.

I'll take my chances with their guards pulling up from 25 feet and jacking up shots with a hand in their face. It's never easy for the Gophers, it never has been and it never will be.

I wouldn't say it was bad defense, a majority of the shots were contested as best as they could be without fouling. Down double digits, McCaffrey made the choice to extend the game as long as humanly possible with about 1:50-ish left in the game. They took early looks in the shot clock, and fouled us immediately.

There were a few mental errors with fouls (1 on Mason, 1 on Murphy). Iowa just made shots, give them credit for not waving the white flag. We miss a few FTs, and the outcome is a lot closer than it should have been and closer than it felt.

I'll take my chances with their guards pulling up from 25 feet and jacking up shots with a hand in their face. It's never easy for the Gophers, it never has been and it never will be.

You don't let the other team come down get within their comfortable shooting distance and jack up a shot without picking them up, Mason did a nice job but a couple of other guys let them jack it up from 25 feet without really contesting it, I say pick them up at 30-35 feet and make them work for it.

complaining about giving up big leads by this team is a mute point.

just saying

When IW went 1 on 1 on the wing and tried the step back 3 pointer early in the shot clock, he absolutely should have been pulled from the game. He's the PG and his job is to distribute the ball to the rest of the team, not go off on his own and try a step back 3, so early in the shot clock.
Would you and your ticket group feel better about last night had IW played even more and had his shot selection and defensive lapses be the reason Iowa came back to win?

I agree. Give Pitino credit for holding IW accountable, and he has all year. Washington will get the keys to the car next year, but he's got to know that there is still a seat on the bench waiting for him if he goes off the rails. Everyone should earn their minutes.

Top Bottom