• Neutral

Votes: 40 23.8%
  • Dislike

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • Hate

Votes: 23 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It figures that most of the grumpy old *ucks on here would dislike the new uniforms. Get with it...it's 2018 folks. The negative attitude is part of the problem with trying to change the culture here. Get with it or get the f out...

The new uniforms are not about you. They're about the team and building something positive here for once.

That's the point with the oars on the helmet. That is not about the team - it's about the Coach's personal slogan. A slogan he has now used at two different teams.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Fleck leaves (for whatever reason) in a new years. The Gophers hire a new coach whose personal slogan is "Climb the ladder." And when the team gets new uniforms, there are ladders on the helmet. That's not about the U of M - it's not about the school - it's not about tradition - it's about the coach. The program is not the coach - the program is more than the coach. Coaches come and go - the program endures. No bleeping oars on the uniform - anywhere - ever. No bleeping oars. I don't care if Fleck wins 5 straight national championships - I don't like the oars. I will never like the oars. Because the oars are not about the University of Minnesota. The oars are about PJ Fleck. The two are not the same. Arrrgh.

That's the point with the oars on the helmet. That is not about the team - it's about the Coach's personal slogan. A slogan he has now used at two different teams.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Fleck leaves (for whatever reason) in a new years. The Gophers hire a new coach whose personal slogan is "Climb the ladder." And when the team gets new uniforms, there are ladders on the helmet. That's not about the U of M - it's not about the school - it's not about tradition - it's about the coach. The program is not the coach - the program is more than the coach. Coaches come and go - the program endures. No bleeping oars on the uniform - anywhere - ever. No bleeping oars. I don't care if Fleck wins 5 straight national championships - I don't like the oars. I will never like the oars. Because the oars are not about the University of Minnesota. The oars are about PJ Fleck. The two are not the same. Arrrgh.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree.

the uniforms look great. the paddles stick out like a soar thumb.

I agree... If Brewster had put a bowl of chili on the helmets, how many would have approved of it?

While the oars aren't my favorite, I'm not sure I'm overly passionate about uniforms at all. I don't really care. But you know the bolded part isn't true at all. If the Gophers won five straight national championships, you'd have oars tattooed across your face like you woke up in the Hangover movie.

The new uniforms are not about you. They're about the team and building something positive here for once.

The coaching staff is employed by the U. The students are educated by the U. Both are guests at the U. The uniforms should reflect the U first and foremost. The players and coaches are secondary, as the U existed before they were born and will continue to exist after they leave.

I may be off my rocker but 159 votes is the most of any poll I can recall on this site. Uni fights seem to bring out the fangs and emotions more than coaching performances, AD controversies...further evidence we are not so removed from our strutting and showy animal kingdom cousins

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/uE4gVmbjaZmmY" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/zoolander-merman-uE4gVmbjaZmmY">via GIPHY</a></p>

I may be off my rocker but 159 votes is the most of any poll I can recall on this site. Uni fights seem to bring out the fangs and emotions more than coaching performances, AD controversies...further evidence we are not so removed from our strutting and showy animal kingdom cousins

And after 159 votes the results are probably about as close as any poll I have seen on here.

Like/Love - 62 votes 39%
Dislike/Hate - 60 votes 38%
Neutral - 37 votes 23%

And after 159 votes the results are probably about as close as any poll I have seen on here.

Like/Love - 62 votes 39%
Dislike/Hate - 60 votes 38%
Neutral - 37 votes 23%

Well you have the trolls on here who will vote dislike/hate...and you also have the people who can't find anything good about anything.

I agree... If Brewster had put a bowl of chili on the helmets, how many would have approved of it?

Nice. Got a good chuckle. Perhaps we would have the Hormel Center for Excellence had it played out better.

Just noticed in this history of Gopher Uni's: https://www.gopherjerseys.com/quick-history.html

There has been only one time since 1959 that the maroon jersey has had white numbers. That was during the 92-93 Wacker seasons.

I know it would be hard, but I'd love to see what someone could glean from any photos or data they could find much earlier than the 60s.

I imagine 1903.... sweatshirt that is hopefully maroon, maybe, if you can find one... and a thick hat.

Well you have the trolls on here who will vote like/love...and you also have the people who won't find anything negative to say about our coaches decisions.

FIFY

Well you have the trolls on here who will vote dislike/hate...and you also have the people who can't find anything good about anything.

Is there any legitimate reason someone might vote dislike/hate?

Too bad pj didn't consult with woman's bb uniforms. They look much sharper!

Too bad pj didn't consult with woman's bb uniforms. They look much sharper!

But those don't have the many ties to the past that the FB unis do.

Top Bottom