• Dislike

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • Hate

Votes: 23 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spoofin

Reaction score
I didn't add a "doesn't matter if we win" option as I figure most of us feel that way. Just interested in what you think of the new look.

I went with "dislike". I would have gone "hate", but have to admit I like the new white (something I would not have expected). The gold helmet is fine in appearance, but doesn't fit the Gophers, IMO. The previous Gold helmets were my favorite. There is nothing else I like about the new unis.

Overall: Don't like based mainly on the grey/green/whatever uni's. Those are the worst I have ever seen.

Maroon, gold, the Block M and Goldy represents Gopher football. I understand the need for white.

The BS Grey, chrome, oars and other do-dads are not about tradition but all about Fleck. I don't like that Fleck thinks he is > than tradition.

The flashy uni thing isn't needed for Penn State, Alabama, Oklahoma, etc to recruit good football players. Or even Wisky for that matter.

Went with like. I think people are over-reactong a bit due to the slow off-seasons. The chrome helmets, anthracite jerseys and no gold jersey have kept me from voting love it.

The color combinations are arguable and I think a downgrade from the last set but I’ll get over all that and think they’re mostly ok; OTOH the plastering of Fleck’s slogans on the helmet and gloves is unacceptable to me. Nobody at the U, certainly not Coyle has the cojones to stand up and say ‘this’ is our university branding and not this - you may add an inconspicuous RTB reference but the HOWway, the paddle, etc are not acceptable as presented. I realize Fleck is still in that first year of marriage “honeymoon glow” for many but if the program doesn’t elevate his personal vanity and branding will start to rub more and more.

I don’t like the oars on the helmets

Took the easy route and voted neutral. Some things I like, some things I don't. I don't see them as an improvement over most recent ones, which I liked a lot.

There are some ok elements, but parts of them are very simplified to the point of no personality.... and a few combos are just plan bleh... oars and such I don't care about either way.

Took the easy rout and voted neutral. Some things I like, some things I don't. I don't see them as an improvement over most recent ones, which I liked a lot.

I went with dislike, but agree with your overall assessment. I really liked the uniform combos we had the previous few years and think the new white ones are an improvement on those. The all maroon look of these is ok, but too much white and not enough yellow "gold" on them compared to previous ones. Dislike all the PJ RTB references on the uniforms and helmets. although the numbers with the sublimated oars on them are ok as you can't really see them anyway, similar to the bricks on the previous ones. The anthracite uni's would look much better if they had some maroon and gold on them over the white. The shiny gold helmet just doesn't match anything else in the entire set so I would have preferred they kept the previous yellow helmet. Either that or have some shiny gold pants and jersey trim to coordinate with the helmet.
Why no Oversized Goldie on any of the helmet designs this time? Seems that the RTB stuff is more important than the actual U of M mascot on the helmet.

Why no Oversized Goldie on any of the helmet designs this time? Seems that the RTB stuff is more important than the actual U of M mascot on the helmet.

Goldie will be used I'm sure. What was revealed yesterday was the base package of uniforms.

RTB isn't much different from Brick by Brick which was used in the numbers before. I would argue that Shi-U-Mah is still most prominent feature on the helmet.

Goldie will be used I'm sure. What was revealed yesterday was the base package of uniforms.

RTB isn't much different from Brick by Brick which was used in the numbers before. I would argue that Shi-U-Mah is still most prominent feature on the helmet.

RTB isn't at all different than BbB. The difference is RTB stuff is much more prominent than any BbB stuff ever was. Don't like it. Never will.

Dislike. Color of numbers and letters don't match. Gold helmet fits with nothing. Just total ick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All-white for road games is dull, dull, dull - no Gopher personality or ID at all. Too much glitter in some of the helmets and details of home unis. The all-maroons we had a few years ago were great and the historic maroon and gold look always welcome. Much prefer gold and white on the road (with gold helmets).

which color combos avoid the team being shutout, at all, next year? those I'll get behind

All-white for road games is dull, dull, dull - no Gopher personality or ID at all. Too much glitter in some of the helmets and details of home unis. The all-maroons we had a few years ago were great and the historic maroon and gold look always welcome. Much prefer gold and white on the road (with gold helmets).

Yea I'll NEVER understand the all white uniforms. These ones look fine in a vacuum, but all white is boring and doesn't represent our colors or give us any sort of identity.

Tons of schools can go all white, I don't get why we'd want to be indistinguishable to the lay person in that get up.

With all the additional photos flying around, I may have to see if I can get over to the complex into the HOF area to get a looksie. The white on the maroon top still looks odd to me though...

I like the uniforms we wear when we win -

Well, I lose. There was no way I figured it would take more than ten posts to have some self anointed voice of reason school the rest of us with a reminder that this is about winning and not about silly uniforms. We get it. Winning is good and it doesn't matter if they are wearing pink as long as we win, blah blah blah.

I honestly expected them to have way more goofy crap on them, they are pretty understated for Fleck's level of "enthusiasm"

Depending on lighting, the grey ones range from "greenish" and not very good to "dark grey" which looks good with a white helmet.

NASCAR called and they want their uniforms back! Dislike, too many symbols, too may slogans, confusing the fine traditions at Minnesota. Sorry coach, its about the school, not the personal program. (when white on white is the favorite option, something went sideways!)

Can we just beat Wisconsin already. I don't care what they wear while doing it.

Well, I lose. There was no way I figured it would take more than ten posts to have some self anointed voice of reason school the rest of us with a reminder that this is about winning and not about silly uniforms. We get it. Winning is good and it doesn't matter if they are wearing pink as long as we win, blah blah blah.

+04

+1

Tried to head that off in the OP, but oh-well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neutral for me. I like some of the combinations and dislike others.

Top Bottom