• Neutral

Votes: 40 23.8%
  • Dislike

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • Hate

Votes: 23 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is a conditional like with minor tweaks for me.

Get rid of the oar. Ski-U-Mah & RTB in place of the oar/Goldie's tail. But, I prefer to keep the helmets pure of sloganism.

The next thing is if the kids like them and they win games with these unis on.

Banana unis over all white.

Maroon, gold, the Block M and Goldy represents Gopher football. I understand the need for white.

The BS Grey, chrome, oars and other do-dads are not about tradition but all about Fleck. I don't like that Fleck thinks he is > than tradition.

The flashy uni thing isn't needed for Penn State, Alabama, Oklahoma, etc to recruit good football players. Or even Wisky for that matter.

You can pin the others on Fleck, especially the Oars and "Row the Boat" thing that I agree should not be as prominent as they are in the uniforms but Anthracite was here before he got here as an alternate color.

Talk about a divided reaction. 100 votes in and the percentages shake out like this:

Dislike/Hate - 42%
Like/Love - 35%
Neutral - 23%

Talk about a divided reaction. 100 votes in and the percentages shake out like this:

Dislike/Hate - 42%
Like/Love - 35%
Neutral - 23%

If only the neutrals would pick a side...

I'm a design pro by trade. I think these are a C-, and only get that because they could have been worse given the sensibilities of our creative director, PJ Fleck.

The maroon and white tops and pants are just fine. Most of the combos rooted in those look nice. It's almost as if someone remembered art class and the color wheel and picked 2 complementary colors and used light amounts of white trim to reduce vibration and increase contrast.

The anthracite one looks like a disaster. The combo at the bottom middle of the promo site with a metallic gold helmet, light gray top, and yellow gold pants will immediately be the worst uniform set in school history if it gets worn outside of a photo shoot.

The gold helmet is fun, but for a fun helmet the yellow gold lid with Goldy head was better and didn't introduce a whole different shade of gold to the U brand. It matched the rest of the combos in the set. This helmet struggles to pair with any set besides white/white. It would have been a branding disaster with the rest of the U, but I would prefer the metallic helmet if it had metallic gold pants and letter trim to match.

All in all it tries way too many things (2 wildly different golds, an ugly and totally not Minnesota gray top that goes with nothing in the set, a starkly mismatched helmet, sometimes black trim and facemasks with white trim everywhere else). Working Mr. Potato Head style rarely turns out a masterpiece.

Dislike/Hate - 42%
Like/Love - 35%
Neutral - 23%

Not the distribution the U would have liked. Not sure GHers are their target audience tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like except:
-- change the font for the numbers
-- reduce the size of the paddle (by a lot), and instead go with the crossed canoe paddle design.

The color combinations are arguable and I think a downgrade from the last set but I’ll get over all that and think they’re mostly ok; OTOH the plastering of Fleck’s slogans on the helmet and gloves is unacceptable to me. Nobody at the U, certainly not Coyle has the cojones to stand up and say ‘this’ is our university branding and not this - you may add an inconspicuous RTB reference but the HOWway, the paddle, etc are not acceptable as presented. I realize Fleck is still in that first year of marriage “honeymoon glow” for many but if the program doesn’t elevate his personal vanity and branding will start to rub more and more.

I agree 100%. Bronko didn’t go to the U to wear a fricking fake woodgrain paddle on his helmet! Why don’t they just sellout totally and put a McDonalds ad on the helmet! Were is the school integrity?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Winning will heal everything..

IF we win, we'll still look like ass hats and we cannot go back from selling out the University of Minnesota. Putting the coaches Brand on our uniforms is not Elite, but PJ has demonstrated he doesn't know what that term means.

I agree 100%. Bronko didn’t go to the U to wear a fricking fake woodgrain paddle on his helmet! Why don’t they just sellout totally and put a McDonalds ad on the helmet! Were is the school integrity?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same place as Mark Coyle's spine. It doesn't exist. Hasn't for a long time and this as NOTHING to do with football.

IF we win, we'll still look like ass hats and we cannot go back from selling out the University of Minnesota. Putting the coaches Brand on our uniforms is not Elite, but PJ has demonstrated he doesn't know what that term means.

And if the Gophers do win while Fleck is the head coach it won't matter what uniforms they will be wearing. You'll jump right on the bandwagon and stop whining about it.

And if the Gophers do win while Fleck is the head coach it won't matter what uniforms they will be wearing. You'll jump right on the bandwagon and stop whining about it.

I will be happy we win, yes. It will not change my opinion about the having the coaches branding on the uniforms. If we'd won with the M&M uniforms of the Wacker days, I still would have said we looked like ass hats in them. They were plain ugly. These are disposable. They aren't as bad as I expected, but I will never get behind having anything on the uniforms not related to the U. The change I really liked from the Brewster Era was the outline of the state of Minnesota on the back of the helmet. Total rip off of the Texas helmet, but it was about Minnesota. Change can be good. And it can be bad.

I will be happy we win, yes. It will not change my opinion about the having the coaches branding on the uniforms. If we'd won with the M&M uniforms of the Wacker days, I still would have said we looked like ass hats in them. They were plain ugly. These are disposable. They aren't as bad as I expected, but I will never get behind having anything on the uniforms not related to the U. The change I really liked from the Brewster Era was the outline of the state of Minnesota on the back of the helmet. Total rip off of the Texas helmet, but it was about Minnesota. Change can be good. And it can be bad.

It wasn't as in your face but "Brick by Brick" was on our previous uniforms. I know that isn't quite the same as Row the Boat which is 100% tied to PJ but it was on there.

As I said in another post though, they definitely went overboard with his branding on these new uniforms and I hope that they get the message and maybe dial it back some assuming that there is still time to do that.

Ha! You are a polar opposite on this board compared to the BB board. It's hilarious.

Not really a dislike or a like. Kind of don't care that much about the uniforms. Gold chrome helmet should look at sweet at night. Like regular M more than the block M but block M looks fine.

I hate white shoes. Black shoes and eliminate the anthracite bs and I love them. I've been reassured that the maroon and gold are the same when viewed in person.

Think they are great! Should get us 3 more wins!

Can't wait for another thread on uniforms.

I usually would hate new uniforms, but these are fine.

Could do without the Oars.

I hate generally anthracite, but don't mind here, it as I know others really love it.

But damn get rid of them oars.

I dig the Gold helmet.

1. Brick print out and RTB print in on numbers.
2. Not "Oars", but single "Oar" on helmet
3. Compass/North Star that contains the players number in it.
4. ROW on the front of helmet, Ski-U-Mah on the back

Nothing in the new design is over the top. Same colors used except for new gold helmet. Some tweaks to trim colors. Gold vs Maroon and White vs Gold/Maroon
From comments it seems to be either people wanted nothing done or they wanted them more extreme.
I think they did a really nice job of finding middle ground and building off the Kill era uniform.

Nothing in the new design is over the top. Same colors used except for new gold helmet. Some tweaks to trim colors. Gold vs Maroon and White vs Gold/Maroon
From comments it seems to be either people wanted nothing done or they wanted them more extreme.
I think they did a really nice job of finding middle ground and building off the Kill era uniform.

I think the gold metallic Notre Dame helmet is over the top. Way over the top. The rest is not as major.

I think the gold metallic Notre Dame helmet is over the top. Way over the top. The rest is not as major.

It's a current/future twist on a helmet worn in the 70's. I wouldn't say it's over the top.

It's a current/future twist on a helmet worn in the 70's. I wouldn't say it's over the top.

I hated the Wacker metallic helmets too so it's not just related to PJ. And yes I know Wacker was not in the 70s.

I hated the Wacker metallic helmets too so it's not just related to PJ. And yes I know Wacker was not in the 70s.

That gave me a good chuckle. You covered all the bases.

For the Wisconsin game The Oar should be replaced with a dead Badger.

RTB isn't at all different than BbB. The difference is RTB stuff is much more prominent than any BbB stuff ever was. Don't like it. Never will.

So, when did you all become the University of PJ Fleck?

This

It figures that most of the grumpy old *ucks on here would dislike the new uniforms. Get with it...it's 2018 folks. The negative attitude is part of the problem with trying to change the culture here. Get with it or get the f out...

The new uniforms are not about you. They're about the team and building something positive here for once.

It figures that most of the grumpy old *ucks on here would dislike the new uniforms. Get with it...it's 2018 folks. The negative attitude is part of the problem with trying to change the culture here. Get with it or get the f out...

The new uniforms are not about you. They're about the team and building something positive here for once.

So, you aren't grumpy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom