Small tweaks you hope to see with the new uniforms

I don't know if the video was complete crap, more so the lighting and surroundings weren't natural. In the behind the scenes you can see they are on an all white background and being lit from all angles with very bright white lighting. Likely to minimize shadows, but it also made the Maroon seem redder. Because the only surrounding was white, I think the gold chrome had its color get a bit washed out. As we can see in both cases, real life lighting and surrounding paint a different picture.

Kinda like fast food adds.

Well, if public perception is important to the U - and we can assume it is by releasing this video - then not putting a video out that shows your product in the best possible light (no pun intended) would be complete crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if public perception is important to the U - and we can assume it is by releasing this video - then not putting a video out that shows your product in the best possible light (no pun intended) would be complete crap.

Best possible light can be subjective though, and the U has to place some trust that their video department know what they are doing and will put out a good video. Its possible they thought the not-quite-natural depiction of the colors was not very important. Possibly since there would be a lot of opportunities in the future for the public to see them in person with their own eyes.

Best possible light can be subjective though, and the U has to place some trust that their video department know what they are doing and will put out a good video. Its possible they thought the not-quite-natural depiction of the colors was not very important. Possibly since there would be a lot of opportunities in the future for the public to see them in person with their own eyes.

You never get a second chance at a first impression. I'd say if they made that determination then they made the wrong decision. Par for the course with the U marketing, really.

I mentioned this in the other post, but since this thread is about uniform tweaks, my tweak deals with the chrome helmet. Don't really like it, but if they want chrome, do it in a version of gold that is closer to what our team color is (click on the photo to enlarge):
View attachment 5410
View attachment 5411

I'd actually prefer a yellow gold matte metallic (similar to the new maroon helmet):
View attachment 5412

All of those would be much better than the Notre Dame hockey helmets we introduced yesterday.

You never get a second chance at a first impression. I'd say if they made that determination then they made the wrong decision. Par for the course with the U marketing, really.

I think PJ really "gets" the marketing side of football. I just don't think our athletic department has the leadership or expertise to help him as much as they could. Would be nice if they just hired outside on that and admit they need help.

I saw the chrome helmet in person last night at Williams, it still does not match in person. I liked everything else.

I'd ga model with a less weak & patchy beard.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Big Ore down the middle of the helmet can be taken off. Too big. Hope they bring out the Goldie helmet at least once every year.

This may inevitably devolve like the other two threads into people hating on the new uniforms, but maybe not.

The PJ Fleck era of uniforms has arrived, and it is as controversial as we had all expected. While we may not see large changes to the design of the uniforms going forward, we may see small additions and small tweaks. I wanted to see what ideas everyone had. To be clear, things like "They should go back to the old ones" or "Get rid of them" or just "I don't care, anything but these" are not what I am looking for.

Here are my ideas:

1. I'd love to see the metallic gold face mask on the maroon helmet. I think it would ba a good look
  2. A gold jersey
  3. Replace the oar stripe on the helmet with a Gopher tail. We did it last year and I though it was slick
  4. A full on throwback uniform for 1 game

What are your ideas?

Controversial? I don't think so. Disposable? more on par.

Tweaks - Remove any and all PJ Fleck branding on the uniforms. Beyond that, it doesn't really matter. We've had worse, we've had better.

Anytime there is change it seems that all of you old grumpy men on this message board feel the need to p*ss all over it. Well, I hate to break the news to you...but
1. you're not the coach
2. you're negative as hell
3. you're not on the team
4. you're not a real fan of the U. A real fan has a positive attitude and embraces change.
5. STFU and get over it.

Anytime there is change it seems that all of you old grumpy men on this message board feel the need to p*ss all over it. Well, I hate to break the news to you...but
1. you're not the coach
2. you're negative as hell
3. you're not on the team
4. you're not a real fan of the U. A real fan has a positive attitude and embraces change.
5. STFU and get over it.

This post seems pretty negative, are you OK?

One more thing...stay off the grass, kid!

As I look closer, it looks like they make the facemask interchangeable and part of the "100 combinations".

Even on this page:

https://hyprrelite.com/

I see the maroon helmet with maroon facemask and gold facemask, gold helmet with maroon and gold facemasks, and white with maroon, gold, and white facemasks.

Here is the maroon with gold facemask:

maroon-visor.jpg

This looks great. Forgot about the other stuff - pants can be maroon or gold, can alternate. Gold and white on the road. No all-white, ever!

Top Bottom