Projected B1G Tournament Pairings (this time projecting remaining games)

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
This time projecting last week of the regular season, so this is what I think the bracket will look like after the regular season concludes Sunday night. If we want to play Rutgers (I do), Illinois must beat Rutgers in their season finale in Piscataway.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools.../2017-18/misc_non_event/1718_Mens_Bracket.pdf

All times are Central. All Weakling Wednesday, 2nd-round, and quarterfinal games will be televised by BTN.

Wednesday, Feb. 28 (Weakling Wednesday)
#12 Iowa (4-14) vs. 13 Illinois (4-14), 4:30
#11 GOPHERS (4-14) vs. #14 Rutgers (3-15), 7

Thursday, March 1 (2nd Round)
#8 Maryland (8-10) vs. #9 Wisconsin (7-11), 11
#5 Michigan (13-5) vs. Iowa/Illinois winner, 1:30
#7 Indiana (9-9) vs. #10 Northwestern (6-12), 5:30
#6 Penn State (10-8) vs. GOPHERS/Rutgers winner, 8

Friday, March 2 (Quarterfinals)
#1 Michigan State (16-2) vs. Maryland/Wisconsin winner, 11
#4 Nebraska (13-5) vs. Michigan/Iowa/Illinois winner, 1:30
#2 Ohio State (15-3) vs. Indiana/Northwestern winner, 5:30
#3 Purdue (15-3) vs. Penn State/GOPHERS/Rutgers winner, 8

Projected Remaining Results (Saturday-Sunday)
Michigan over Maryland
Michigan State over Wisconsin
Illinois over Rutgers
Purdue over Minnesota
Nebraska over Penn State
Iowa over Northwestern

Sigh. I'd never would have envisioned they'd be playing onn Wed. when this season started.

And worse, perhaps be seeded lower than Rutgers.

Playing on Weakling Wednesday 3 out of the first 4 years is not a good look.

In the BTT's 21 years the Gopher's have avoided playing on opening day twice.

So it appears that thanks to our great victories over Illinois and Rutgers we cannot finish 14th. Ski U Mah!

This could be a path to the semi’s...

Ahh, I remember sitting in Bankers life field house watching the Gophers play in the B1G tournament two years ago. There is no way I would have envisioned this two years later, because I think most of us could say that year was brutal with the suspensions. Ranked in the top 15 at one point this year and now playing the play in game to the tournament basically. What a life being a Gopher fan.

Doesn't matter though, because much like two years ago, we are going to have a solid team next year with hopefully some much needed depth. Final Four in our backyard. Matthew Hurt commits to the Gophers in the middle of US Bank. We just need to think positive thoughts

No changes after Tuesday night

I will update the projected pairings above throughout the final week of regular season.

No changes after Tuesday night. All teams projected to win (MSU, OSU, Nebraska), did so.

That no-call on the Davison trip probably is going to end up costing us 10th place and therefore avoiding weakling wednesday.

Gophers will be the #11 seed if Purdue beats Illinois tonight

Projected pairings updated above. Gophers have a decent shot at playing Rutgers, which is probably what we want.

Wisconsin up to #9 seed after beating Northwestern

Projected pairings through Thursday results updated above.

Top Bottom