Video and Pictures: Gopher Football 2018 Uniform Unveil: H.Y.P.R.R. ELITE

I think the jerseys look quite a bit sharper in that picture. I think the post editing on the video reveal made them look funny. I like the maroon significantly better in the tweet.

Yeah, in the picture in the tweet it looks like the same maroon as last year. Maybe the lighting in the video made it seem redder than it actually is.

I was at the women's BB game last night, and can thankfully report that the maroon in person is the darker version we are used to. The HOF tweet picture is much more accurate. I really like the matte metallic maroon helmet, as well. The only thing I'm not digging is the chrome helmet. That shade of gold clashes. How about this shade of "gold chrome":
gold chrome.jpg

As long as you move along just the Luminance axis and keep the a and b values at zero you go from pure black through pure grays to pure white. Also, standard pure 18% gray cards are used all the time in photography for color(white) balancing a camera. Even if you use the RGB method to obtain colors, an even balance of all colors gives a pure gray. I also noticed a green tint to the gray, but that could just be coming from picture, screen, etc not being color balanced.

All colors equal white, all colors with a slight favoring of one produces a gray with an undertone, lack of color produces black. Your camera balancing point is legit. Either way, a green undertone does not go with Maroon & Gold. That needs to be addressed if it's noticeable in person.

Jim Wacker meets Tim Brewster. Kill's unis were classy. Fugly.

Glad to know the unis look better in person. Anyone know if you can still see that stupid "oar stripe" in person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the Chrome gold actually matches better than we think, it may have just been a lighting issue, check this screen capture from the team reveal video:

45fd68ae-df76-4d98-b855-652ca3f8be4d.png

It matches 100x better in this video than from the stills on the Hyprr Elite site or in the original uniform reveal video. You can also see in this shot, as confirmed by someone at the Women's Basketball game, that the Maroon Jersey is the same Maroon we know and love from the Kill-era Uniforms.

I'm wondering if the Chrome gold actually matches better than we think, it may have just been a lighting issue, check this screen capture from the team reveal video:

It matches 100x better in this video than from the stills on the Hyprr Elite site or in the original uniform reveal video. You can also see in this shot, as confirmed by someone at the Women's Basketball game, that the Maroon Jersey is the same Maroon we know and love from the Kill-era Uniforms.

Great. Now what I can be mad at....:rolleyes: :cool:

Seriously though, I had my buddy confirm both of these from the women's hoops game last night as well. Says that is the case.

Picture in darker setting makes them look much better.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I just really wish the maroon and Grey jerseys were all one color, instead of having the collar being white. The maroon collar looks good on the white one though.

I just really wish the maroon and Grey jerseys were all one color, instead of having the collar being white. The maroon collar looks good on the white one though.

Just adding gold trim to the maroon would help

5pXz5sc.jpg

I was at the women's BB game last night, and can thankfully report that the maroon in person is the darker version we are used to. The HOF tweet picture is much more accurate. I really like the matte metallic maroon helmet, as well. The only thing I'm not digging is the chrome helmet. That shade of gold clashes. How about this shade of "gold chrome":
View attachment 5407

Much better gold! Somebody needs to wake up in that athletic dept.

I mean the Chrome might match the jersey... but in that image what does the jersey match? It sure doesn't look like gopher colors...

That's kinda half the issue with the design language of the uniforms. Some are fine, but a few uniforms made decisions that to work... stop looking like a Minnesota team, or at least look much less like one.

Gopher Jersey.jpg
This is what the anthracite jersey should look more like.
The M should be in the collar like it is on the actual Nike jersey.

This picture, among others, was just posted on the GopherFootball Instagram a few hours ago. The Gold chrome helmet doesn't look perfect, of course, but it looks much much better than it had in the video, and closer to the Dart Gold pants, in my opinion.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 10.30.41 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 10.30.41 PM.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 10.36.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 10.36.07 PM.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 30

View attachment 5414

This picture, among others, was just posted on the GopherFootball Instagram a few hours ago. The Gold chrome helmet doesn't look perfect, of course, but it looks much much better than it had in the video, and closer to the Dart Gold pants, in my opinion.

It matches... a dingy green bay uniform...

I like them a lot. Especially the chrome helmet. Only thing I don't care for is the oar......

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Picture in darker setting makes them look much better.

Cool idea to have a few former players model the new uniforms.

Top Bottom