Video and Pictures: Gopher Football 2018 Uniform Unveil: H.Y.P.R.R. ELITE

The white numbers and white trim are awful. Ruins the whole uniform for me. I'll say it again. Haven't had a home uni so devoid of yellow since the Wacher days. The complete lack of official school gold-yellow (aside from the pants in the worst combo). The grey is bad but I can live with it. The chrome gold helmet doesn't match anything so just looks out of place. The oars on the helmets are huge and just look like a blob.

Almost looks like a Green Bay Packer with the Green and Gold combo! Where did green come from as a Minnesota color??

I'm fascinated that some people see this as green, when it's clearly gray to me! Reminds me of that blue or white dress

I have vigorously looked back on every helmet ever worn by our Gophers, it appears that oar thing must be the new/future PJ Fleck was speaking of. I'll keep looking though in case I missed it.

I'm fascinated that some people see this as green, when it's clearly gray to me! Reminds me of that blue or white dress

There is no such thing as a true gray. It's merely a muted variation of another color. Those who can see the green undertone have better visual perception, where as those who cannot have a slight deuteranomaly.

Couple bottom lines:
1. Nobody cares what I think nor I’m guessing what any one on Gopherhole thinks.
IMO turn to any uniform catalog and sort by cheapest price...these designs pop up.
2. It won’t matter to anybody if we win. And if we keep winning 5 or less games we’ll get another new culture resulting in new colors etc

The metallic gold, gray-green jersey, with gold (but yellow-gold) pants is a weird combo. It looks like someone got dressed in the dark.

I agree

they say if you look good, you play good... looks like 4 wins next year

Couple bottom lines:
1. Nobody cares what I think nor I’m guessing what any one on Gopherhole thinks.
IMO turn to any uniform catalog and sort by cheapest price...these designs pop up.
2. It won’t matter to anybody if we win. And if we keep winning 5 or less games we’ll get another new culture resulting in new colors etc

True

I'm not a boomer, nor even close to it. Am I allowed to voice my opinion that these uniforms suck hard?

Are you implying the new uniforms is why KHH left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you implying the new uniforms is why KHH left?

There’s a 27% chance that is the reason why he left.

Team reaction video:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The only combo I'm not a fan of is the yellow pants with the gold helmet, but that gold helmet is sick! That helmet looks awesome with the all anthracite and the all maroon. I also like the other combos and think they did a good job keeping the jersey's and pants simple.

I hope we only have to be the greenish grey Gophers once a year. That grey/gold/metallic combo is probably the worst uniform in all of football. If the kids tweet that they're excited by that mess, I know they're lying. I usually don't like the white, but that's really the only sharp looking one out of the whole bunch. How did they screw up the maroon jersey? I don't know if it's the color change, or the white numbers, but it looks cheap.

I wonder if you can fit 15 pieces of PJ flair on the helmets? Why not just take the "M" off and go all the way, filling it with hyprr nektons and elite boat fontaines. And now welcome to the field your University of PJ Fleck Grey Paddles! (Brought to you by Carl's Jr)

I hope we only have to be the greenish grey Gophers once a year. That grey/gold/metallic combo is probably the worst uniform in all of football. If the kids tweet that they're excited by that mess, I know they're lying. I usually don't like the white, but that's really the only sharp looking one out of the whole bunch. How did they screw up the maroon jersey? I don't know if it's the color change, or the white numbers, but it looks cheap.

I wonder if you can fit 15 pieces of PJ flair on the helmets? Why not just take the "M" off and go all the way, filling it with hyprr nektons and elite boat fontaines. And now welcome to the field your University of PJ Fleck Grey Paddles! (Brought to you by Carl's Jr)

THIS. My god, so much this!

There is no such thing as a true gray. It's merely a muted variation of another color. Those who can see the green undertone have better visual perception, where as those who cannot have a slight deuteranomaly.

Not true. There are several ways to measure color and one of the most widely acceptable methods is using the L,a,b model.
b5a891b9797fab7219f02060b574cf81.jpg

As long as you move along just the Luminance axis and keep the a and b values at zero you go from pure black through pure grays to pure white. Also, standard pure 18% gray cards are used all the time in photography for color(white) balancing a camera. Even if you use the RGB method to obtain colors, an even balance of all colors gives a pure gray. I also noticed a green tint to the gray, but that could just be coming from picture, screen, etc not being color balanced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/KJtrLKGZZFg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Team reaction video:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That was awesome -thank you. The guys seem to like them.

I’d like to add that they looked much better on the elite ‘Queise, MAXX, and Barber than the out of shape white dude.

Epic Fail.

I thought our school colors were maroon and gold.

Not helping restore my enthusiasm for a team that tried not to win last year. Has anyone mentioned that some of us pay real money to attend games. I’m on the thirty year plan, three left. No championships in 30 years and I’m done buying tickets. These uniforms make we want to trim a few more years off.

This was brilliant. Post more often.

Reiterating some thoughts already advanced:

1. White Uni's are the only ones that are an improvement over the previous style.
2. Anthracite is horrible and makes no sense for the U to use.
3. Helmets are cool (the chrome one as a rare alternate), but the oar stuff is lame, as are all Fleck specific references.
4. How has the U not decided on a shade of Maroon yet
5. The Maroon J's would be sooooo much better if the numbers were colored gold instead of white.
6. Why are out of shape fatsos modeling the look
7. I think the jerseys can and should look better, but who cares so long as we win.

You may be kidding, but there is a contingent on this site that would be more than happy to send Goldy packing and replace him with Johnnyboy doing push ups after touchdowns wearing fancy shoes and form fitting half zips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJtrLKGZZFg

Don't like the grey top with gold pants combo but otherwise I like them. Love the chrome helmet.

Agreed. Don't get the gray at all. I actually love the whites. The shiny helmet and pants should match, I agree.

Couple pictures that include gold pants. These are up in the complex.

Couple pictures that include gold pants. These are up in the complex.

I think the jerseys look quite a bit sharper in that picture. I think the post editing on the video reveal made them look funny. I like the maroon significantly better in the tweet.

I think the jerseys look quite a bit sharper in that picture. I think the post editing on the video reveal made them look funny. I like the maroon significantly better in the tweet.

Talked to a buddy who was at the Women's Hoops game and saw them last night said all the uni's/helmets look much better in person than the video/photos released yesterday. Just his thoughts, of course.

Top Bottom