Video and Pictures: Gopher Football 2018 Uniform Unveil: H.Y.P.R.R. ELITE

The fact that Nike paid someone to come up with this is mind-boggling......How embarassing

In a word... Underwhelmed. We have transitioned from uniforms to “outfits “.

Beat Wisconsin in these outfits and they become the best uniforms EVER!

Is it necessary to have new uniforms every year like the Dance team? One set has no maroon from what I can see and where does grey fit in? Focus on playing the game instead of thinking your looking good. Its not about us baby boomers anymore so....

Well, there aren’t oars up and down the pants or jerseys. Not a fan of the big oar on the helmets. A simple decal where they put the ski u mah would have sufficed. The anthracite yellow combo reminds of Oregon. Summary: not a total disaster, but not as timeless, classy, and understated as the Kill-era jerseys. We are still searching for an identity it seems. As Frat said if recruits like them then so be it. Just win.

Don't like the grey top with gold pants combo but otherwise I like them. Love the chrome helmet.

I am all for the new duds as long as the pups like them, and they bring home some wins.

Jimminy Crickets - why make one of them look like Oregon Ducks leftover material?

Constancy of change is the new normal. It will take getting used to.

Overall, I like them! They're not too busy. Most of the PJ stuff is understated.

A few things I'm 'meh' about: white numbers on the maroon jerseys, white collar on the maroon jersey, the oar on the helmet

One thing I'm not happy about: no gold jersey (yet), WTF?

Things I love: COMBINATIONS :) Even with the helmet and face mask combos: white/white, white/maroon, gold/gold, gold/maroon, etc. They didn't go crazy with stripes, piping, etc.

Hope they eventually get gold jerseys and a gold helmet that isn't 'chrome', rather one that matches the gold pants.

Did any of the combos actually show maroon jersey with gold pants?

Overall I don't mind the new look. Not a huge fan of the Anthracite top/Gold Bottom combo but liked the Anthracite/Anthracite combo in the video a lot more as an alternate look. The chrome helmet is pretty cool as well although I agree with someone else that posted that it looks strange when paired with a different shade of gold on the pants.

New uniforms and looks is just the way of the world right now. As far as that goes these are not terrible and the changes aren't drastic. If the players like them that is all that really matters in the grand scheme of things.

I like the uniforms themselves - except I see no need for the anthrax, and it looks green. Gross. HATE the oar on the helmet. How about Goldy's tail? That was more clever. The "subtle boat, oar and compass" design on the numbers look like a floral pattern. Whatevs, at least it is subtle. Dislike the chrome helmet and the compass. I miss being the GOLDEN Gophers from the University of Minnesota rather than RTB/HYPRR at PJ U. But, who cares. If the players, recruits and students like it - great. Can we focus on winning games now?

The damn oar on the helmet looks like a beaver tail. When we change outfits next year do ya think Oregon State would buy them?

I like the uniforms themselves - except I see no need for the anthrax, and it looks green. Gross. HATE the oar on the helmet. How about Goldy's tail? That was more clever. The "subtle boat, oar and compass" design on the numbers look like a floral pattern. Whatevs, at least it is subtle. Dislike the chrome helmet and the compass. I miss being the GOLDEN Gophers from the University of Minnesota rather than RTB/HYPRR at PJ U. But, who cares. If the players, recruits and students like it - great. Can we focus on winning games now?

Well, that would be different.

I just noticed the gloves. I agree with all your comments. I’ll get over it, but the megalomaniacal need to put the row the boat and paddle front and center in large font on everything in pstead of traditional branding...rankles.

I'm with MW...underwhelming. I will say that they really nailed it with the White uni's...sharpest ones in the bunch, and I'm not a white uniform fan. Just the right amount of M&G trim on them.

No Full Banana?

They're not as bad as I expected. The white numbers outlined in gold on the maroon look very generic. I probably would've preferred to keep the gold numbers and add the white outline rather than vice-versa. I hate the oar on the helmet.

Having said that, I was frightened of what was coming. While I like the Kill uniforms better, these aren't embarrassing.

The fact that Gopherhole doesn’t like them is a GREAT sign. Kids are basically the opposite of the man demo here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked on Twitter and the vibe is good around comments to Fleck's account and then I come to Gopherhole for "meaningful" reaction.

I can live with but not overly thrilled about the change. The maroon top resembles the Redskins too much.

Agree the white numbers and trim on Maroon top looks odd.

Might need to start a petition for gold tops...although with those chrome helmets not really a Full Banana.

e2oz04i.gif

I prefer full banana godly helmet...

It feels like this design is so reduced down .... it doesn't have much to it.

Wow...these are really underwhelming to the point of bad. How long is our Nike contract??

I really, really liked our jerseys the past couple of years. I thought they were a perfect combination of classic and new age. With that said, I kind of figured a change would be coming. I absolutely love the white jersey - might be my favorite Gopher jersey of all-time. The rest is fine, not my favorite, but not my least either. I can live with it. If the kids like them, it is good enough for me.

Side note - I hate the word Minnesota on the back of the jerseys.

Just a thought...Perhaps put some of the Uniform Budget toward keeping coaches...

That said, they can come out in Pink tutus if it means continuous top 10 finishes.

I really, really liked our jerseys the past couple of years. I thought they were a perfect combination of classic and new age. With that said, I kind of figured a change would be coming. I absolutely love the white jersey - might be my favorite Gopher jersey of all-time. The rest is fine, not my favorite, but not my least either. I can live with it. If the kids like them, it is good enough for me.

I assume that they won't have Minnesota on them for games. Maybe the gray only.

Just a thought...Perhaps put some of the Uniform Budget toward keeping coaches...

That said, they can come out in Pink tutus if it means continuous top 10 finishes.

I suspect a lot of the uniforms are part of the deal with Nike and not a direct cost.

I'm with you on the unis that Nike did for Kill. I like the Minnesota on the back...

Top Bottom