Video and Pictures: Gopher Football 2018 Uniform Unveil: H.Y.P.R.R. ELITE

In a word... Underwhelmed. We have transitioned from uniforms to “outfits “.

Beat Wisconsin in these outfits and they become the best uniforms EVER!
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What do the Gophers do when they decide they're not going to use a Jersey anymore?

Can I get one?

A lot of times, usually around the Spring Game, if not the same day, the Gopher Athletic Department will have a Gopher Equipment sale. If you find out about one, I would advise getting their very, very early as I have gone and things get picked over quite quickly.

A lot of times, usually around the Spring Game, if not the same day, the Gopher Athletic Department will have a Gopher Equipment sale. If you find out about one, I would advise getting their very, very early as I have gone and things get picked over quite quickly.

TY, I will keep that in mind!

TY, I will keep that in mind!

No problem. I would highly recommend going if you are ever able. Not just jerseys, but other items can be available also. I.E., team issued duffel bags, backpacks, shoes, warm-up gear, jackets etc. Tons of stuff. IIRC, it was only cash-only the time I went too. But, that part may have changed since.

No problem. I would highly recommend going if you are ever able. Not just jerseys, but other items can be available also. I.E., team issued duffel bags, backpacks, shoes, warm-up gear, jackets etc. Tons of stuff. IIRC, it was only cash-only the time I went too. But, that part may have changed since.

Awesome!

giphy.gif

If you take out the gray uniforms, they are pretty close to what we had. Most seemed to have like those. I would have preferred a black option over gray.

Not with my eyes they aren't. Central Gopher might be on to something...it's like they had multiple designers working on each piece completely separately, other than the White uni.

Not with my eyes they aren't. Central Gopher might be on to something...it's like they had multiple designers working on each piece completely separately, other than the White uni.

The article says it was the same designer as the last set of uniforms. It issue is they are a smorgasbord of past uniforms mixed together.

Worst uniforms in the near 40 years I've been following the football team.

That gray looks green in all the pictures and videos I've seen. It doesn't pop well next to yellow and it shouldn't replace our primary school color. The gold helmets are a bit on the shiny side, but I can deal with it. The fact that they go with jerseys that have yellow is contradictory. I suppose I can't complain about two golds when we still consistently swap maroon out for cranberry. Or maybe that was a nod to the maxi-pad on the helmets? There are more boat rowing references than gopher references! Not my U.

That gray looks green in all the pictures and videos I've seen. It doesn't pop well next to yellow and it shouldn't replace our primary school color. The gold helmets are a bit on the shiny side, but I can deal with it. The fact that they go with jerseys that have yellow is contradictory. I suppose I can't complain about two golds when we still consistently swap maroon out for cranberry. <b>Or maybe that was a nod to the maxi-pad on the helmets? </b>There are more boat rowing references than gopher references! Not my U.

Thank you for that. Outstanding. I plan to use that moving forward. #RTMp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, this combo is simply atrocious. Not even the kids could like this. WTF?

Have to agree. At least go with anthracite arm sleeves and dark shoes.

That gray looks green in all the pictures and videos I've seen. It doesn't pop well next to yellow and it shouldn't replace our primary school color. The gold helmets are a bit on the shiny side, but I can deal with it. The fact that they go with jerseys that have yellow is contradictory. I suppose I can't complain about two golds when we still consistently swap maroon out for cranberry. Or maybe that was a nod to the maxi-pad on the helmets? There are more boat rowing references than gopher references! Not my U.

Goph Unis.jpg

Are you sure?

I was expecting way worse.
The maroon and white jerseys are pretty nice.
I like the White, maroon and yellow pants.
Not a fan of the shiny gold helmet, unless they incorporate some gold in the jersey and have gold pants.
Anthracite is a good option if it stays by itself. Would have liked more maroon and yellow mixed into the anthracite jersey and pants. The jersey almost looks Penn St.ish.

The oar on the two helmets is a little much. Why is it the one on the maroon helmet has wood grain in the oar and the one on the white helmet has that oar pattern like on the jerseys? That to me looks stupid on the helmet stripe. Why no stripe on the shiny gold helmet?
The compass is not an elite addition.

I was a huge fan of our previous uniforms, and these have left me underwhelmed. I agree with the consensus that the whites are the best - which is weird because I usually kind of ignore the white uni's across the spectrum of sport. I don't hate them (except for the anthracite top/gold pants combo...just weird). As I look through the photos, I can't help but think they would show off better with mannequins as opposed to that dumpy guy (the white one) who is modeling them. He just looks like a rec-league dad that put on pads. (if I'm wrong and that is a player - then 'yes' the uniforms are awkward looking).

In the end, though, none of this really matters. Fleck will either be successful and these will provide nice memories or he will get fired and we can start over. Same as it ever was...

Darn, I was really hoping for an all gold. Although, I do like this look
jpg.jpg

I can't stand the gray, though, if it's not a school color, I really don't get why include gray. I can at least understand white because it is neutral, but not gray.

However, I really dig the special shiny gold helmets, those look tight.

Darn, I was really hoping for an all gold. Although, I do like this look
View attachment 5404

I can't stand the gray, though, if it's not a school color, I really don't get why include gray. I can at least understand white because it is neutral, but not gray.

However, I really dig the special shiny gold helmets, those look tight.

White pants after Labor day!?!?? What has happened to these kids!?!?!?

Also, we did get gold pants with these so the team can always wear the maroon helmet, maroon jersey and gold pants combo that have been sort of the main look from the last couple decades.

Green and Gold??

Beaver tails??

I like the helmets though.

I think the uni's the last few years were top notch.

The benefit of the white numbers is that maroon top with white pants is actually a good combo. The old maroon with white was atrocious.

i think it's funny, for the last year old farts have been worried that pj was going to do something gaudy and overstated. pj goes with understated (that's a relative term in college football uniforms), and the old farts are underwhelmed.

they're fine. the gray looks green to me. but i certainly do not have my finger on the pulse of uniform design, and i'm certain that the vast majority of the rest of the posters here do either. so whatever the players like is fine with me.

i do agree that they would look a lot better on a perennial winner rather than what we've got now.

people complained when brewster changed the uniforms; they complained when kill changed the uniforms. so of course there is going to be complaining now.

edit: and all uniforms look better on the field than on models dancing to ****ty music.

PioPress:

The gold helmets are a darker shade then Minnesota has worn in the past, with the school saying “fans have longed to see (it) again.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/20/gophers-unveil-new-uniforms-for-2018-season/

Huh? The comments section is pretty brutal...

Worse than the uniforms is that a professional writer put up the words "gold helmets are a darker shade then Minnesota has worn in the past" and it still remains there as of 1:26 pm, a good 4.5 hours after the article was posted.

Worse than the uniforms is that a professional writer put up the words "gold helmets are a darker shade then Minnesota has worn in the past" and it still remains there as of 1:26 pm, a good 4.5 hours after the article was posted.

Yeah, wasn't going to point that out...

After reading that comments section I think my brain now works about as well as my legs

I often wonder at what point is a service doing a net negative hosting a community of mostly ignorant, and hateful stuff... granted they disable comments on the more controversial stuff, but even the most basic things on startrib can get really nasty and dumb.

Top Bottom