Video and Pictures: Gopher Football 2018 Uniform Unveil: H.Y.P.R.R. ELITE

I think someone said these also might just be photo shopped versions of last year's uniform.

Tweet and picture is from a coach so I figure it is legit.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To paraphrase, PJ makes it clear that the uniforms were designed #1 for the current players, #2 for the alumni players, #3 for the fans.

To paraphrase, PJ makes it clear that the uniforms were designed #1 for the current players, #2 for the alumni players, #3 for the fans.

And then also recruits, but it's not completely clear if they are 4th in that list, or higher and he just forgot to mention them until last.

The new uniforms are up in the Football Performance Center. After initially seeing them in pictures, I gave them a ‘meh.’ Now seeing them in person, I dislike them a lot less. A few things I noticed:

The maroon and gold are definitely the same as last year

The “gold chrome” helmet is darker in person than in pics, and looks better

The maroon helmets are once again matte, and seemingly identical to the Kill era lids. Not quite sure why Fleck went to metallic glossy helmets last year if he was going to go back to matte this year. But I’m not complaining, as I prefer the matte

The white helmets are matte as well

The anthracite in no way looks green. No idea why the pics made them look so terrible

The oar on the top of the helmet is huge and looks just plain stupid

Sorry, it's a video. Click on it.

Ah, I see.

Here's an extended version tweeted by the Minnesota Football twitter:

Man, the Millennials love their fancy blink-blink unis and and all the talk about high energy and branding.

Let's hope that they have enough energy left to back all the yakkity-yaks on the playing field.

If you have poop, people can still smell it no matter how much perfume you pile on. It is only after you clean it up that the stench goes away.

I guess this is what is needed to attract the young generations. Heck, the rest of the country are jettisoning baby boomers and are bending over backwards for the self-evolved generation.

I am hoping that the Gophers can get the talent in the next four years to match the swagger. :pig:

Disclaimer: I like the new uniforms.

I saw them in person at the men's and women's basketball games last week and can back up what other people are saying, that they look better in person. I do think the gold on the trim and pants is a slightly different shade than we had last year, a little more gold and a little less yellow. What stands out to me in person that is hard to absorb from pictures and videos, is that the uniforms do go well together and will like nice no matter what combo they choose. I think with last year there were some awkward combos (maroon top, white pants), but with the white trim and numbers the sets are much more interchangeable.

Look better with maroon masks. Don't like them either way, but maybe they'll look better in person/on tv.

The golden chrome helmets are growing on me.

I don't want them to be like the Oregon Ducks or the Maryland Terps.

I don't want them to be like the Oregon Ducks or the Maryland Terps.

Not a Duck fan but their worst helmets are nowhere near the ugliness of the Maryland lids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The “gold chrome” helmet is darker in person than in pics, and looks better

The oar on the top of the helmet is huge and looks just plain stupid

The beaver tail looking oar stripe on the helmet is hideous and is a big reason why the gold helmet is the best looking one of the 3.

The beaver tail looking oar stripe on the helmet is hideous and is a big reason why the gold helmet is the best looking one of the 3.

Bingo! Any helmet without the Bullwinkle oar is way ahead.

Top Bottom