Reaction score
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/021918aaa.html

Name: Ashley Ellis-Milan
Sport(s): Women's Basketball
Years: 2005 - 10
Hometown: St. Paul, Minn.
Occupation: Women's Basketball Coach at Concordia University in St. Paul
Twitter Handle: @AshleyEM2105

1) What is it you honestly miss most about the University?
I think the biggest thing I miss is game day. I loved playing in the Barn. I enjoyed traveling as well, but nothing beats playing in front of your friends and family

2) If you could give the current student-athletes any piece of advice, what would it be?
Embrace the opportunity that you're receiving from the University of Minnesota. Take in every sporting event that you can and have fun with your teammates.

3) Please share your favorite university or athletic event you've attended since you graduated and what made it so special to you?
I was able to attend a football game and it was really nice to be in TCF Bank Stadium. It brought back some memories for me as the stadium was in use my senior year, so I got to attend a lot of games and also work out on the field. It was also Alumni Day when I went so it was nice to see some of the football players that I went to school with be recognized.

4) What are you grateful for?
I’m grateful for my family and friends. I'm grateful that I got the opportunity to attend the University and play for a great coach and great program. Lastly, I'm grateful for my education and that I was able to leave the University debt free.

5) What does Black History Month mean to you?
Black History Month is one month out of the year to recognize what our ancestors went through in order for us young African American people to be where we are today. It's a time for African American folk to celebrate achievements and voice opinions. I think Black History Month is a month that is highlighted but I also think it should be celebrated twelve months out of the year.

6) What occupies your time now?
I am very fortunate to be able to coach young women at a high level and I really enjoy what I do. I've been able to give back to the community that I grew up in. I'm fortunate enough to still live in the Twin Cities area, so I’m able to spend time with family and friends

Top Bottom