***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

The boys played hard- good game plan. Couldn't finish. 8-31 from the field for Mason/ Dupree really hurt. Too many wild drives, but there are not a lot of options out there.
Washington and Harris were silent. We could have used their help.
Hurt had one of his best games. Defense was better. Offense still dinks around on the perimeter with no back cuts toward the basket.

Two months. But he's said it wouldn't have mattered. He knew where he was going.

Where is the only place I can go with more tolerance for tools than maple grove?

Welcome to mad town

Somebody needs to tell McBrayer and Mason that basketball is a team game, Pitino sure has no interest in doing it, 7 minutes of forced drives and no credible shots, all from those two. One disciplined possession is all they needed and couldn't come up with it.

Wisconsin stayed with their offense, and their talented passers found the open man. That was the difference in the game. Besides Murphy's missed free throw, that is.

What a pathetic last 5 minutes of regulation by both the players and coaches. This program keeps inventing new ways to choke away games. I seriously can't say enough bad things about Pitino's "offense" or the composure of Nate Mason down the stretch. Just ridiculous to drain the shot clock over and over and never get a decent shot. Wisconsin had less than 10 seconds left in the game down 2 and we allow Happ an easy catch and a layup...are you kidding me? And Pitino wanted them to foul him? Great strategy, coach. How about deny a freaking direct post entry with f'ing Gaston in the game? Anybody catches but Happ. This is the second conference game where Jordan Murphy's failure to knock down a free throw had a big say in a loss.

One point on the officials. If you are going to call Konate for an over the back foul on a free throw rebound with less than 15 seconds to play, you also need to call the Davison trip with less than a second to play. If your "letting the kids decide it" (always have hated that BS) then you don't call either foul.

How about one nice offensive set and one open look (make or miss) in the last 4 or 5 possessions of the game? Is that too much to ask from a B1G coach and a Senior PG? Just no excuse to blow this game.

Epic choke, even with a 3-15 record or whatever it is. Starts from the top. Pitino does not inspire confidence in his players and you can see it.

IW should have been in the game. Mason was terrible (as was the rest of the team) the last four minutes.

The trip not the issue. That was never going to get called.

You can’t give up a 22-5 run in the last 5 mins of regulation and OT. Gophers had 4 upperclassmen on the floor. The looked completely lost and that is on the coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Konate could be a more effective rebounder if he would leave his feet.

Epic choke, even with a 3-15 record or whatever it is. Starts from the top. Pitino does not inspire confidence in his players and you can see it.

IW should have been in the game. Mason was terrible (as was the rest of the team) the last four minutes.
Yup. Same thing when we lost @Purdue last ear or at Providence this year

No

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes it really was. We were up 58-51 with 6 minutes left. This was what transpired for Wisconsin:

Ford missed 3, Happ missed 1 and 1, Pritzl made 3, Pritzl missed 3, Ford missed 3, Turnover by Davison, Iverson made layup, Happ missed jumper, Davison missed jumper, Iverson makes the first FT, misses the 2nd free throw, then Happ scores on a layup. They had 7 empty possession and we couldn't do **** to extend the lead, that's a choke.

The trip not the issue. That was never going to get called.

You can give up a 22-5 run in the last 5 mins of regulation and OT. Gophers had 4 upperclassmen on the floor. The looked completely lost and that is on the coach.

I like how one team looked completely lost yet still made it to overtime. I am glad Gard sucks too

I like how one team looked completely lost yet still made it to overtime. I am glad Gard sucks too

The game should’ve never made it to OT. It was a choke job by the Gophers.

The boys played hard- good game plan. Couldn't finish. 8-31 from the field for Mason/ Dupree really hurt. Too many wild drives, but there are not a lot of options out there.

It's funny that I agree with you 100% on the bball boards.

Somebody needs to tell McBrayer and Mason that basketball is a team game, Pitino sure has no interest in doing it, 7 minutes of forced drives and no credible shots, all from those two. One disciplined possession is all they needed and couldn't come up with it.

I have no idea how anyone can pick on Pitino for that game. He had the team ready. They played hard and they had a smart plan. They couldn't make plays down the stretch and Pritzl made the threes Wisky needed. We get the one block out at the lone or we get that foul before the shot on Gaston (on Happ) or they call a foul on the trip and we win. None of it happened. It's just that kind of year. I'm proud of the players and coach.

It was unintentional so it is fine

Are you serious, you don't think that guy knew there was no way Mason was going by him with his leg where it was. Tripping is a foul. And when Gaston fouled under the basket, the ref for the first time all nite, overlooked it

But it was just a little blatant trip. He was in the heavily taught Wisconsin have your leg extended as far as you can defensive stance

No, mason faked him outside then rolled his ankle and was going down before he even got there.

The Badgers are really, really bad. Worse than I thought. Maybe things will look up for them next year with incoming players but if not Gard could be in trouble. Players they have are not amazing.

Are you serious, you don't think that guy knew there was no way Mason was going by him with his leg where it was. Tripping is a foul. And when Gaston fouled under the basket, the ref for the first time all nite, overlooked it

The color commentary said on the air tonight if it is incidental contact it is fine

Top Bottom