NO PJ Fleck interview on the Sports Huddle - Sund, 2-18-18

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Once again, no PJ Fleck interview on the Sports Huddle on Sunday.

Sid sounded a little peeved: "He said he was going to be on every week, and then he doesn't show up...."

Mike Max responded: "I think he's in Arizona." didn't say why he was in Arizona - if it was business or personal. (and apparently they don't have phones in Arizona..........)

Anyway, no Fleck interview.

Mark Coyle was on earlier in the show. Very little discussion about football. Mentioned they like the Early Signing date. Talked a little about the new facilities and how they will benefit all student-athletes.

That's it. They're talking about freezing rain out my way, so I had better get to the store and buy a bag of ice-melt.

With Sid asking the same questions every week, I don't blame him for not being there. Waste of PJ's time.

Football Recruiting is in the Quiet Period (February 9 - April 14, 2018) based on the NCAA Recruiting Calendar that was posted here.

What can the coaches do during this time? No direct contact with recruits? What about TMs and twitting? Can they travel to visit with HS coaches during this time?

Is this what PJ Fleck is doing this weekend? I thought that Johnny Olmstead is here on an unofficial visit this weekend.

Thanks, shorty. Be careful on the ice, we appreciate your efforts.

Thanks Son. Very much appreciative. Fleck can't be at WCCO's disposal every Sunday. He needs to do what is necessary for recruiting and also his personal life. I'm sure there are other coaches within the U that would love to be on the show.

Maybe PJ is making the transition to where interviews are no longer more important than recruiting and coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Sid asking the same questions every week, I don't blame him for not being there. Waste of PJ's time.
Yep. Sid is becoming a sad caricature of himself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Football Recruiting is in the Quiet Period (February 9 - April 14, 2018) based on the NCAA Recruiting Calendar that was posted here.

What can the coaches do during this time? No direct contact with recruits? What about TMs and twitting? Can they travel to visit with HS coaches during this time?

Is this what PJ Fleck is doing this weekend? I thought that Johnny Olmstead is here on an unofficial visit this weekend.

Per SB:

Contact period

The most wide-open time. During this time, coaches can visit with prospects and families regardless of location. In-person contact is permitted once per week. Note that a coach cannot visit a school multiple times in one week if it has more than one prospect. Electronic and written communications are also permitted.

This is when tales of coaches praising Mama's cooking are born, during in-home visits.

Evaluation period

Considerably more restrictive than the contact period in one key way: off campus face-to-face contact is not permitted. That means no home visits. Coaches can still visit a prospect's school. Visits to schools are ostensibly for the purpose of evaluation. Prospects can visit colleges and receive written and electronic communication. Many scholarship offers go out in this period.

Quiet period

The quiet period tightens things a bit more, preventing any off-campus contact or viewing. Visits to the college's campus and written or electronic communications are still permitted.

Coaches often try to have prospects visit campus unofficially during this time in the spring and early summer, so that they can become familiar with campus.

Dead period

The dead period is the most restrictive. No in-person contact is allowed, even if a prospect makes a visit to the college campus. Written and electronic communications are still permitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom