Top 5 returning players

At risk of a slight derailment, we had a run defense last year? Kidding (sort of). Rush D was 102nd by S&P+. At times out of position, or swallowed up, or bad tackling, and at times all three. Obviously the caveat of the offense being bad and not helping the defense applies. On the bright side: ”it could be worse” in my best Minnesota accent also applies.
Exactly my point. If he is a top 5 player, it explains why we struggle, because he isn’t very good in the run game.

Blake is a great player.
He isn't top 5. Not close. Not even on this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly my point. If he is a top 5 player, it explains why we struggle, because he isn’t very good in the run game.

I don’t recall him being out there much if at all on standard downs, and when he was he wasn’t as effective and that might be due to scheme. I do recall the other guys really struggling. Fair to argue, none of us can follow every player on the field. I look at people that make plays. Kickers, returners, QBs, linebackers, safeties, receivers, whatever. In 2016 he was a difference maker, period. He disappeared in 2017 for probably many reasons.

Top Bottom