Zach Bell new Gophers director of recruiting communications

pk2

Reaction score
From the Athletic, and Chris Vannini's college football coaching tracker:

Minnesota: Former Georgia Southern director of recruiting Zach Bell has joined the Minnesota staff as director of recruiting communications, according to his Twitter account.

It might be fun to know what that phrase, "director of recruiting communications," means. That one sentence was all that was on the website.

The link follows, though I'm not sure how available it is to everyone, as theathletic.com is a pay site:

https://theathletic.com/156825/2018/02/11/college-football-coach-changes-hirings-firings/

Well I guess good communications is important.

More info (but not much more):

https://twitter.com/ZachCBell

Zachary Bell
@ZachCBell
Director of Recruiting Communications - University of Minnesota Football #RowTheBoat #SkiUMah

Is it similar to Assistant (to the) Manager?

Glorified paper shuffler?

The irony is they can't communicate about recruiting until after the commit is signed and no longer being recruited.

Yes, I know it's probably communications TO recruits, not the public. Let me have my joke!!!

The irony is they can't communicate about recruiting until after the commit is signed and no longer being recruited.

Yes, I know it's probably communications TO recruits, not the public. Let me have my joke!!!

Maybe his job is actually to prevent communication.... sort of a compliance role ;)

NO TOUCHING!

I'd guess he manages year-round mailings, camp circuit, HS coach communications, visit scheduling, etc. But glorified paper pusher does have a nice ring to it and probably isn't too far off!

I'd guess he manages year-round mailings, camp circuit, HS coach communications, visit scheduling, etc. But glorified paper pusher does have a nice ring to it and probably isn't too far off!

Those seem like valuable things.

Top Bottom