No NFL combine invites for Gophers

Impossible, I was told Fleck inherited a team loaded with NFL talent.

Steven Richardson didn't get an invite? That's horse poopy

Impossible, I was told Fleck inherited a team loaded with NFL talent.

I don't think it is fair to put all the blame of this on PJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was truly year zero then. No invitees is pretty rare for the gophers.

It was truly year zero then. No invitees is pretty rare for the gophers.

I actually was wondering how rare it is for us. Certainly we don't get many, but how often do we get zero? Someone must know how to look that up on the interweb thingy.

Who knew 7th rounder Jalen Myrick was worth 4 wins?

Aren't you forgetting someone? :p
Mitch Liedner was also at the combine. So each were worth 2 wins
or maybe Jalen was worth 3 wins since he was drafted and Mitch was worth 1 since he only attended the combine and didn't get drafted

or maybe <b>Jalen was worth 3 wins since he was drafted and Mitch was worth 1 since he only attended the combine </b>and didn't get drafted

Careful - you are making up statistics now

or maybe Jalen was worth 3 wins since he was drafted and Mitch was worth 1 since he only attended the combine and didn't get drafted

AFAIK Jalen was the only one to stick on a roster. D. Travis is on the practice squad. Mitch is still looking for an opportunity. So is the criteria combine invites, draftees, camp invites, UDFA signees, draftee by round?

If there were only other metrics to measure how good a team is...

Richardson will get a look at the next level. I don't pore over the scouting press like I did years ago, but Richardson isn't getting mentioned very much. Of course, a lot of these draft sites are run by junior high students during their lunch hour and not being in a bowl game certainly limits national exposure.

Last year there was 253 players drafted with compensatory picks included. So, the chances of getting drafted is around 2%.

AFAIK Jalen was the only one to stick on a roster. D. Travis is on the practice squad. Mitch is still looking for an opportunity. So is the criteria combine invites, draftees, camp invites, UDFA signees, draftee by round?

If there were only other metrics to measure how good a team is...

Ditto...

Last year there was 253 players drafted with compensatory picks included. So, the chances of getting drafted is around 2%.

How are you figuring those odds?

Let's say that there are 20 players from each school eligible to enter the draft each year (which is a pretty high estimate). There are 129 FBS schools, which would be a draftable pool of 2,580 players. If you want to even go more aggressive and say that some FCS, DII and DIII players get drafted every year, round it up to 3,000. That would make it about 8.4% odds.

Unless, of course, you're throwing all the draft-eligible players from across FCS, DII and DIII into the mix - which doesn't make sense, since almost all draftees every year come from FBS. In reality, for an FBS player, the odds of getting drafted are about 9-10%, for FCS probably about 1-2%, and for DII and DIII probably about .05%.

How are you figuring those odds?

Let's say that there are 20 players from each school eligible to enter the draft each year (which is a pretty high estimate). There are 129 FBS schools, which would be a draftable pool of 2,580 players. If you want to even go more aggressive and say that some FCS, DII and DIII players get drafted every year, round it up to 3,000. That would make it about 8.4% odds.

Unless, of course, you're throwing all the draft-eligible players from across FCS, DII and DIII into the mix - which doesn't make sense, since almost all draftees every year come from FBS. In reality, for an FBS player, the odds of getting drafted are about 9-10%, for FCS probably about 1-2%, and for DII and DIII probably about .05%.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=wUWDWsaNOsvPjwSQv7yQDg&q=odds+of+getting+drafted+into+the+nfl&oq=odds+of+getting+drafted+into+the+nfl&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0.2401.12408.0.12864.39.37.1.0.0.0.129.3425.29j8.37.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.38.3427.0..35i39k1j0i131k1j0i131i20i264k1j0i20i264k1j0i3k1j0i22i30k1.0.CfQUrtoyUHs

No draftable seniors = 5 wins

Yup. That's the only reason for that. Oh wait. No. it's not. Having draftable seniors means more wins. Tell that to Arkansas, 3 invitees, 4 wins, Nebraska. 5 invitees. 4 wins, or Indiana, 5 invitees, 5 wins. Or Florida 6 invitees, 4 wins, or you get the point.

I'm not arguing less talent is good, but your take away is not really supported.

Richardson will get a look at the next level. I don't pore over the scouting press like I did years ago, but Richardson isn't getting mentioned very much. Of course, a lot of these draft sites are run by junior high students during their lunch hour and not being in a bowl game certainly limits national exposure.

Richardson isn’t getting mentioned much because he’s 5’10”, at best.

Yup. That's the only reason for that. Oh wait. No. it's not. Having draftable seniors means more wins. Tell that to Arkansas, 3 invitees, 4 wins, Nebraska. 5 invitees. 4 wins, or Indiana, 5 invitees, 5 wins. Or Florida 6 invitees, 4 wins, or you get the point.

I'm not arguing less talent is good, but your take away is not really supported.

So based on the data you posted, we overachieved by winning 5 games...:rolleyes:

Richardson isn’t getting mentioned much because he’s 5’10”, at best.

Pro football scouting has really become increasingly about the measurables (height, arm length, hand width, 40-yard dash time both electronically or hand-timed, and the various other drills these guys participate in). Richardson needs to get to a camp and compete. His lack of height will certainly be a challenge for him, but he will have to be a "prove it on the field" guy. Some team may look past projection and look at his performance.

Top Bottom