Sid Hartman: Gophers football academics

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Gophers football academics

Last year, the Gophers football team matched its highest marks ever for multiyear Academic Progress Rates at 992, which ranked ninth in the country and third in the Big Ten behind Northwestern and Michigan, and there’s a decent chance the team will top it this year, coach P.J. Fleck said.

“We had the best GPA ever in the history of Gophers football after a fall semester, so very proud of our players,” Fleck said. “This was the first true morning practice system they had during the fall, with a first-year head coach, a ton of change, a ton of adjustments.

“You’ve got to give [associate academic director and director of football] Jacki [Lienesch] and [academic counselor] Robert [Day] and [academic director] J.T. [Bruett] a ton of credit in our academic field and department but also our coaches and players who invest in being true student athletes.”

The Gophers football team was led in academics by kicker Emmit Carpenter and long snapper Payton Jordahl, who both earned academic all-district honors in November. Carpenter had a 3.54 grade-point average and Jordahl finished with a 3.71 GPA.

http://www.startribune.com/paul-molitor-believes-young-twins-turned-the-corner/473702043/

Go Gophers!!

Awesome. I love to hear this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. I love to hear this.

I am inferring from Spooifn's implying that what he really thinks is the Gophers will be even better after this semester without KHH's poor grades. LOL

I am inferring from Spooifn's implying that what he really thinks is the Gophers will be even better after this semester without KHH's poor grades. LOL

This, and the hate I also implied he had toward the entire staff - including academic advisors - couldn't have been helpful either.

Oh Please...why can't you be a little positive? This program has come along ways since Brewster was fired.

For at least the 100th time it needs to be said the Gopher football teams academics were significantly better under Brewster than they were under Mason.

For at least the 100th time it needs to be said the Gopher football teams academics were significantly better under Brewster than they were under Mason.

Point being, the program was in shambles after Brewster left. Players weren't going to class, players were falling behind etc. I'm not trying to compare Brewster with Mason or anyone else. Just responding to the fact that the program was a mess after he left. Perhaps that was the fault of the AD for not keeping it together since he was the one who fired the coach.

Point being, the program was in shambles after Brewster left. Players weren't going to class, players were falling behind etc. I'm not trying to compare Brewster with Mason or anyone else. Just responding to the fact that the program was a mess after he left. Perhaps that was the fault of the AD for not keeping it together since he was the one who fired the coach.

Yes to this. Horton(interim coach) did what he could, but I think that part falls on the AD. The AD has to know that there has to be a plan to hold things together when you fire a coach. Especially if you hired him in the first place.

Thanks Cruze for pointing this out: "For at least the 100th time it needs to be said the Gopher football teams academics were significantly better under Brewster than they were under Mason."

Better, or even significantly better, doesn't mean good, or even acceptable. Great, Brewster sucked less than Mason in the academics area. He sucked, but less than the last guy. Super. Good for him.

ROFLMAO! Remember Remember Jewhan Edward's Jew-Jew Crew? He had a den of inequity and those boys thought going to class was optional to the astonishment of Jerry Kill that this does happen for real. He cleaned house except for Rashede Hageman.

Top Bottom