Handy Holly leaves team

Probbly left because he saw this unprecedented recruiting class and saw the writing on the wall. Couldn’t compete with all this upper echelon talent.

So Spoof says: I was referring to grades, but not in this case, but it's important enough to add to my list on this particular thread.

You walk a very fine line of implication here.

Whatever dude. Did you even read the posts this was referring to? How about the list? Why not mention how it was in response to PE who thought I was referring to PT? Did you see where I flat out said I was NOT saying it was grades. The discussion was flat out about other possible reasons and that is one.

JG said I claimed he didn't like the coaches.
You claim I said he is leaving due to grades. I did neither and don't much appreciate people putting words in my mouth. As I have said many times in this thread - I don't know why he left, I just don't believe a kid in his situation is leaving because he is home sick (gasp). Then you say I trashed him? I did no such thing - I liked KHH a lot and wish him the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottom line, when one breaks off a relationship it’s always best to say it’s me, not you. It’s very likely he does miss his family/friends more than he thought he would. Could it be something else? Yep. Doesn’t matter anymore.

I’ll be interested to see if he redshirts at a place like Wake Forest. This guy was pretty highly thought of coming out of the Deep South and had a ton of offers. Big loss unfortunately.

Bottom line, when one breaks off a relationship it’s always best to say it’s me, not you. It’s very likely he does miss his family/friends more than he thought he would. Could it be something else? Yep. Doesn’t matter anymore.

I’ll be interested to see if he redshirts at a place like Wake Forest. This guy was pretty highly thought of coming out of the Deep South and had a ton of offers. Big loss unfortunately.

X

If it's not what you are saying why bring it up in regard to KHH? You opened that line of implication. Quite unfairly I might add. For the record, for someone who steadfastly wants to be taken by only your precise words, you sure don't have issue with denying the Handy Holly's that right.

Please be sure to scold SON for the long list of things he <I>implied</I> as to why KHH left. I mean, why else would he bring them up.

FTR - I also don't believe that AJ Barker's mom's best friend really believes AJ was the best WR ever.

I think some people here don't understand the difference between imply and infer.

To imply is to hint at something, to infer us to make an educated guess. Either or is an indictment of the HH family. Which do you prefer?

I would say that imply is to hint or suggest something, whereas infer is to conclude something. I would say you inferred something from his posts.

I would say there may be some overreaction to predictable speculation on the reason for departure of what is a public figure, whether he likes it or not.

Fact: Spoofin questioned the honesty of the HH family.
Fact: Spoofin introduced the grade question into the conversation

You can play cute word games if you wish. <b>The implication is relatively clear to those of us without a dog in the fight.</b>

This is such a load. You are the only one that thinks that is what I was saying. Others think I was saying it was the coaching staff. Others actually read the posts and I know I wasn't saying either. I did say I am not buying what KHH's Dad said - the rest you are making up.

This is such a load. You are the only one that thinks that is what I was saying. Others think I was saying it was the coaching staff. Others actually read the posts and I know I wasn't saying either. I did say I am not buying what KHH's Dad said - the rest you are making up.

You sure post a lot for someone who doesn’t care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are right - that would be the biggest reason someone transfers (and also wasn't mentioned in SONs list), but not what I was referring to when I said SON's list was missing a big reason kids leave. I was referring to grades, but didn't want to say it as someone will now accuse me of saying that is the case here and I am NOT saying that. It is simply yet another possible reason other than what his Dad said (gasp).

It is a big hole, and a bummer. Most of all I wish KHH the best of luck wherever he lands. Seemed like a great kid.

How bout we take his Dad at his word. That's the route I will take.

Yes, it could be as simple as the kid is homesick.

But, when a presumptive starter leaves a D1 FB program with 3 years of eligibility left, people are going to wonder if there is more to the story.

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, the Dad is being diplomatic - that there is more to the story, but the Dad doesn't want to trash anyone.

IF the Dad had come out and said the kid was leaving because he thinks Fleck is a circus clown, how would this board react? I suggest some on this board would be ripping the kid left and right.

Just an opinion - but the "homesick" angle just doesn't pass the smell test for me. If it is that simple, then this kid has a lot of growing up to do. He made a commitment to the Gopher Football program. If he is ending that commitment simply because he's homesick, I would be disappointed.

I am NOT saying I think the Dad is a liar. It just seems too simple for me. I just suspect there is more to the story.

But, when a presumptive starter leaves a D1 FB program with 3 years of eligibility left, people are going to wonder if there is more to the story.

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, the Dad is being diplomatic - that there is more to the story, but the Dad doesn't want to trash anyone.

IF the Dad had come out and said the kid was leaving because he thinks Fleck is a circus clown, how would this board react? I suggest some on this board would be ripping the kid left and right.

Just an opinion - but the "homesick" angle just doesn't pass the smell test for me. If it is that simple, then this kid has a lot of growing up to do. He made a commitment to the Gopher Football program. If he is ending that commitment simply because he's homesick, I would be disappointed.

I am NOT saying I think the Dad is a liar. It just seems too simple for me. I just suspect there is more to the story.

I'm also guessing his dad wouldn't let him quit just because he was homesick.

It does seem homesickness would be a weak reason. One would think there are usually other factors involved.

I'm accepting the fact that a change was needed for some reason or another for him. Not going to get all frustrated about it not knowing exactly what it is was. The kid deserves some privacy in the matter. His life, not ours.

And which one of them transferred with 3 more years as a starter ahead of them?

So now we are adding caveats? KHH is a big loss, but it’s unlikely he would have been starting over Winfield and Huff next year. Several of the players I listed had a chance to be multi-year starters.

Top Bottom