Handy Holly leaves team

Not sure if you're implying TDG is hevily moderated, because I don't think it is. If you say stupid things, you get called out on it. Pretty simple stuff over there. I post there much more than here.

There sure are a lot of dead horse beating daily on GH. Usually by the same people, it must be a fetish...

There sure are a lot of dead horse beating daily on GH. Usually by the same people, it must be a fetish...

WTDnnwE.gif

This all gets back to what I call the eternal Gopher Hole issue.

Some people see "I don't agree with you" and they read it as "you're wrong." There is a difference. People can disagree, argue or debate an issue without resorting to name-calling or calling out people's (perceived) motives. It is possible to have more than one opinion or point of view on a subject. But some people refuse to even consider that another point of view is possible.

me, I see the whole world in shades of gray. I don't think I'm 100% sure about anything. Which means that I can usually see at least two sides of every issue - and given the right motivation, I can argue either side.

And - important point - Gopher Hole for me is an escape from reality, work, bills, health - all the crap we call real life. I come on here to read opinions and chuckle at wacky statements/arguments. Nothing we say here really matters in the greater scheme of things.

Everybody just take a deep breath and relax.

Awesome, I wish Gopherhole had a thumbs up button.

Not always. I'm not afraid to say that my views probably do as he's a pretty level headed guy who I've also had the pleasure of tailgating with and getting to know. I am an avid TDG supporter as they put out a ton of great content (not saying GH doesn't, they do) and the people who do their content are all around great dudes. Usually threads just don't typically head down a rabbit hole of "how much of a percentage do we believe a kids parents reason for him leaving?"or other nonsensical arguments that seem to pop up here in threads more often than not. There is still great banter with a ton of different opinions but the nonsensical stuff gets squashed pretty quickly in most cases.

Fair enough. Different flavor/ demographic.

This sucks - I was excited about Handy Holly, but it is unrealistic that we will ever have 100% attrition rate. Could be anything - didn't like the school, didn't mesh with the coaches, didn't like the state, misses home, etc. Could be a combination of things. I wish him well, but selfishly hope he doesn't become an all-american :)

This sucks - I was excited about Handy Holly, but it is unrealistic that we will ever have 100% attrition rate. Could be anything - didn't like the school, didn't mesh with the coaches, didn't like the state, misses home, etc. Could be a combination of things. I wish him well, but selfishly hope he doesn't become an all-american :)

Why would we want a 100% attrition rate? Hard to play without players.[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, I am. I come here almost every day looking for some Gopher football insight. But....*sigh*...

I do the same thing! :)
Insight is hard to find sometimes...ok most of the time, especially in the off season.

Why would we want a 100% attrition rate? Hard to play without players.[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not knowing what “attrition” nor “100%” means???

heres my insider info, take it for what its worth:

kid likes the devil's cabbage and doesnt like punishment. PJ is changing the culture by internally drug testing his players. If they are caught they have to face internal suspension. KHH did not want to serve his suspension, said he doesnt even like football that much and walked away from the team.

This is a lot more believable than he’s giving up a P5 full ride because he’s “homesick.”

Hopefully in the future we start filtering out guys that like the MJ *before* we sign them.

This is a lot more believable than he’s giving up a P5 full ride because he’s “homesick.”

Hopefully in the future we start filtering out guys that like the MJ *before* we sign them.

I'll be that guy who believes that it is very possible someone gives up a lot because they're homesick.... these are still kids, some more than others.

I'll be that guy who believes that it is very possible someone gives up a lot because they're homesick.... these are still kids, some more than others.

Can't agree more, it happens all the time with college students.

It is too bad they did not resolve this issue with counseling and a cooling off period. His maturity level is not there, and he may regret his actions later when it is too late. He is walking away from a free Big Ten education.

David Cobb had an attitude issue his first two years. But, talking to someone at the U Football Program averted him making a decision to transfer. Look at what he became his final two years taking full advantage of his opportunity.

IMHO, Jerry Kill has a lot of empathy and can help guide the kids to the right decision. For some, he found places somewhere else.

I don't know if PJ Fleck has some flexibility. It sounds like he is strict on drugs.

He says you have to fail to succeed. Part of failing is stuff like kids making wrong choices and violating team rules. Who knows. Time will tell how PJ Fleck handles problematic kids. These are seventeen, eighteen, nineteen year olds who are very capable of making mistakes and regretting decisions made at the spur of the moment.

It is too bad they did not resolve this issue with counseling and a cooling off period. His maturity level is not there, and he may regret his actions later when it is too late. He is walking away from a free Big Ten education.

David Cobb had an attitude issue his first two years. But, talking to someone at the U Football Program averted him making a decision to transfer. Look at what he became his final two years taking full advantage of his opportunity.

IMHO, Jerry Kill has a lot of empathy and can help guide the kids to the right decision. For some, he found places somewhere else.

I don't know if PJ Fleck has some flexibility. It sounds like he is strict on drugs.

He says you have to fail to succeed. Part of failing is stuff like kids making wrong choices and violating team rules. Who knows. Time will tell how PJ Fleck handles problematic kids. These are seventeen, eighteen, nineteen year olds who are very capable of making mistakes and regretting decisions made at the spur of the moment.

First, we don't know if it was drugs. Also, we don't know how many warnings, 2nd chances, etc. PJ gave so it's hard to say whether or not he's being flexible.

Does anyone know if PJ Fleck on one of his trip down south elicit the parents' intervention? KHH is throwing away a $50K-$80K education and living expenses.

First, we don't know if it was drugs. Also, we don't know how many warnings, 2nd chances, etc. PJ gave so it's hard to say whether or not he's being flexible.

Hypothetically, if this scenario is true, it makes sense.

I wouldn't blame PJ for giving the kid the boot and I wouldn't blame PJ with pushing the "homesick" narrative.

Again, maybe it is being homesick. However, if it is the marijuana stuff, I think PJ handled it perfectly (punish the player but let him learn from the experience at a different school).

Drugs?

I thought it was well known that they found out that Holly was a SPECTRE agent when PJ walked in on him in the weight room while he practicing a monologue....

SPECTRE_Logo.png

Hypothetically, if this scenario is true, it makes sense.

I wouldn't blame PJ for giving the kid the boot and I wouldn't blame PJ with pushing the "homesick" narrative.

Again, maybe it is being homesick. However, if it is the marijuana stuff, I think PJ handled it perfectly (punish the player but let him learn from the experience at a different school).

Don't agree with that take IF it was a case of using drugs.
Punish the player for sure, but give them a chance to clean up their act before kicking them off the team.

What was the real story with Demry Croft? Does anyone have an inkling of what team rule violations were involved? Did Croft decide he was going to transfer on his own volition?

What was the real story with Demry Croft? Does anyone have an inkling of what team rule violations were involved? Did Croft decide he was going to transfer on his own volition?

Also a member of SPECTRE and likes pinapple on his pizza. At that point what choice does PJ have?

What is SPECTRE? Smack snack? Maybe some of the young player think they need some form of mind altering in order to get in PJ Fleck's high energy groove.

Top Bottom