Handy Holly leaves team

Spoofin

Reaction score
Seems to be public knowledge now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also where are you seeing this?

Gobie has it on the Twitter.

Wants to be closer to home

It's not the first time a kid is home sick. If he had stuck it out another year, he would have adjusted. It gets better every year, and then you end up becoming a transplanted Minnesotan.

Damn that sucks. So all we have is Winfield and Huff with experience at safety? Handy Holly would've logged major minutes, now I suppose Beck will have to step in. Who else though?

If there is a girl friend at home, that may compound things.

Well this sucks. I hate losing quality depth.

Seriously. I have no inside info, but think the chance that being homesick being the reason here is about 20% at best. His Dad saying so - and when KHH and PJ say the same thing - doesn't raise that likelihood at all, IMO.

When I was 18,19 years old I made a few more impulsive, poor decisions than I make now, but I still make them.

Maybe the kid saw something he really did not like with PJF and the program or maybe not. Dealing with these types of situations is one reason I never wanted to be a teacher or coach at any level. - very tough duty for very few early moments of validation

Damn that sucks. So all we have is Winfield and Huff with experience at safety? Handy Holly would've logged major minutes, now I suppose Beck will have to step in. Who else though?
Chris Williamson?

Loss of his DB coach?

I don't want to say anything bad about the kid. He's only 18-19, but somewhere during his visits / recruiting process, our HOW-meter must have been broken.

Evidently he has lower HOW than anticipated.

More good news from Gopher Athletics!
Perhaps he got too handy with Holly?

That's a kick in the butt.

Man this off season was fun even without a bowl game with the crooting but has taken a less pleasant turn :(

Seriously. I have no inside info, but think the chance that being homesick being the reason here is about 20% at best. His Dad saying so - and when KHH and PJ say the same thing - doesn't raise that likelihood at all, IMO.

Stupid post. Why is it unlikely to think he wants to be closer to home?

He didn’t commit to us until PJ was the coach, so the coaching change had nothing to do with it.

He didn’t commit to us until PJ was the coach, so the coaching change had nothing to do with it.

Sure JG. Keep your eyes closed. This 19 year old kid missed Mom so much he gave up big time PT and possibly starting for a B1G team. Sounds reasonable. 20% chance, Max. They never planned to RS Silver either - remember how stupid that post of mine was too. I seem to have a lot of those.

Sure JG. Keep your eyes closed. This 19 year old kid missed Mom so much he gave up big time PT and possibly starting for a B1G team. Sounds reasonable. 20% chance, Max. They never planned to RS Silver either - remember how stupid that post of mine was too. I seem to have a lot of those.

For someone that has no inside info you sure seem to think you know the real reason for his leaving the team.

So enlighten us all with the real reason he left.

For someone that has no inside info you sure seem to think you know the real reason for his leaving the team.

So enlighten us all with the real reason he left.

I didn't claim to know the real reason. Quite the opposite. I am simply not buying this homesick excuse. I have heard it many times from many players at many schools in many sports and it is seldom the whole story. I can think of a couple more likely reasons he would leave in this situation, but won't speculate with my guesses on GH.
Why do you care what I think?
I don't care what you think - should I?

I think it happens more than you think. If you're miserable outside of football, it may not matter the opportunity he may have next season.

My guess is it's a combination of being homesick and other things.

Exactly. PJ has even praised Handy Holly this offseason and mentioned him as one of the people he's excited about next year. But the same old negatives on this board will continue to try and spin anything.

I didn't claim to know the real reason. Quite the opposite. I am simply not buying this homesick excuse. I have heard it many times from many players at many schools in many sports and it is seldom the whole story. I can think of a couple more likely reasons he would leave in this situation, but won't speculate with my guesses on GH.
Why do you care what I think?
I don't care what you think - should I?

Looks like everyone knows who the class idiot is... speculating that KHH left because of the coaching staff, even though he committed to the current staff. Brilliant take!

Redshirting Silver was a gift. Who would have played DT this year if GM hadn't emerged? Or let me guess, we would have only played 3 DTs all season...

Looks like everyone knows who the class idiot is... <b>speculating that KHH left because of the coaching staff, </b>even though he committed to the current staff. Brilliant take!

Is that what I said? Good one Coach!

Top Bottom