Handy Holly leaves team

Why do you hate PJ fleck so much?

I know you are joking, but I will admit PJ is actually growing on me. I think the jury's still out on whether or not he can take us to the promised land (whatever that is), but for me he's a likeable guy with some unconventional methods. I hope they work.

Bob, normally you are a rational poster but you are off the deep end here. I could care less if some have had made it their mission to destroy PJ on here. My issue is when they pretend they aren’t trying to. Spoofin saying there is a 20% chance that KHH is leaving because of the reason his dad stated is implying what?

Pivot.

Moore transferred to be closer to home despite starting for 2 years. How could he possibly have wanted to move back to Texas when he could have started here for 2 more years? Why didn’t we question the real reason???

Laster was viewed as having lots of potential but hadn’t played much. Similar to KHH. Same with Harbison who was a highly rated receiver.

When all 3 left, most didn’t question their grades or Kill/Claeys.

Here's a tweet from Moore himself saying why he left the team. Surprisingly, it was not to be closer to home.

https://twitter.com/Ohh_MOE/status/909481351606423552

It will be quite a charade if certain members of Gopherhole all served in the same jury at the same time.

It will be quite a charade if certain members of Gopherhole all served in the same jury at the same time.

Might give a new meaning to the term "hung jury." In this case, members of the jury might actually hang each other.

Are you joking? When I said that <b>I </b>think there is a 20% chance what we are being told is why he is leaving what I was implying was that <b>I</b>think there is a 20% chance that what we are being told is why he is leaving (pause for the gasps to stop). Talk about going off the deep end.

I even went as far as to say I had no inside info to make it clear I was giving my opinion only (funny, I figured otherwise someone would throw a tantrum) and didn't know why - but that I didn't buy the homesick reason. To this minute that is all I have said on the topic.

Then some crazed guy went off calling me stupid, class idiot, etc. because I was clearly implying what he was looking to have implied (PJ hate). Then, some other crazed guy went off because I was clearly implying what he was looking to have implied (grades). The latter at least had the sense to delete 10 of his posts in the morning - which is an action that actually does imply something obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The above statements are all true. That being said, when you consistently find ways to bash PJ Fleck in other threads then say you don't believe KHH's dad, it's also pretty easy to see why people read between the lines and assumed you were implying that PJ was the reason he left. I'll freely admit that was my first inclination.

Out of curiosity, do you have a theory? Or odds that it's something (20% homesick, 20% PJF, 20% climate, etc.)?

That said, I don't disagree with your actual statement. I'm sure there is more to it than just "homesick". He probably is dealing with something and feels like his situation will be better closer to home. Whether that something is can't stand the climate, academics, PJ Fleck, a lover/friend(s) back home, a sick relative, etc., I'm sure there's a "because..." as part of the closer to home statement.

I don’t think he was going to be relegated to third string or asked to change position.

Family health crisis, girlfriend, weather, lack of good friends, not gelling with the new coach, not gelling with PJ all seem to be equally possible but this feels like a big hole on the roster. Too bad.

Timeline has reset to 2022.

So, recruiting ranking for khh class drops then, correct?

The above statements are all true. That being said, when you consistently find ways to bash PJ Fleck in other threads then say you don't believe KHH's dad, it's also pretty easy to see why people read between the lines and assumed you were implying that PJ was the reason he left. I'll freely admit that was my first inclination.

A valid point indeed.

Out of curiosity, do you have a theory? Or odds that it's something (20% homesick, 20% PJF, 20% climate, etc.)?

That said, I don't disagree with your actual statement. I'm sure there is more to it than just "homesick". He probably is dealing with something and feels like his situation will be better closer to home. Whether that something is can't stand the climate, academics, PJ Fleck, a lover/friend(s) back home, a sick relative, etc., I'm sure there's a "because..." as part of the closer to home statement.

Thank you for clearly summarizing the point I was trying to make.

My definition of homesick, right or wrong, is broader than he misses mom and dad. Missing friends, family, a girlfriend, the south, not liking the cold of MN, or the city would all fall into the camp of being "homesick" imo..

Thank you for clearly summarizing the point I was trying to make.

However, that wasn't the point you tried to make JG. You flat out said, more than once, that I clearly implied it - even naming precise post #s 7 & 14. Then you pivoted, now you are again.

Whatever. I see two driving forces here - one what Lakeville said (I bash PJ a lot, so...) and one what Bob said (some always on the lookout for possible PJ slights). I'm willing to own my part in that, but stand by everything I have said in this thread. I am not buying the reason that is being stated for this departure. Simple as that and not really a controversial stance.

heres my insider info, take it for what its worth:

kid likes the devil's cabbage and doesnt like punishment. PJ is changing the culture by internally drug testing his players. If they are caught they have to face internal suspension. KHH did not want to serve his suspension, said he doesnt even like football that much and walked away from the team.

Similar to the DC11 suspension scenario which some/many stated was due to liking MJ too much and eventually turned out to be doorgate/related friction it’s very likely we’ll never know the full truth unless someone makes a public statement and that’s not likely to happen.

The camp that automatically attributes any doubt of the 100% veracity of the reason given as an attack on PJ reminds of our friend Kim Jong’s’s climate of total devotion. It cannot be disagreement with PJ or his culture. It’s possible, isn’t it?

Best of luck, kid. Let’s move on. There’s nothing we can do about it.
Man, GopherHole.com can be so unreadable at times.

Can you guys be more specific in your complaints? I have never had any issues reading gopherhole. I actually find the diversity of thought enlightening. If you want a heavily moderated board Gobie’s board or TDG are probably less traumatic.

Can you guys be more specific in your complaints? I have never had any issues reading gopherhole. I actually find the diversity of thought enlightening. If you want a heavily moderated board Gobie’s board or TDG are probably less traumatic.

Not sure if you're implying TDG is hevily moderated, because I don't think it is. If you say stupid things, you get called out on it. Pretty simple stuff over there. I post there much more than here.

Not sure if you're implying TDG is hevily moderated, because I don't think it is. If you say stupid things, you get called out on it. Pretty simple stuff over there. I post there much more than here.

Maybe this is the case where on the internet any moderation that happens to an individual is "OMG THIS PLACE IS TOO HEAVILY MODERATED!"

Ridiculous statements are called out everywhere. Is it possible it's simply the case your views align more with Gaupher?

Maybe this is the case where on the internet any moderation that happens to an individual is "OMG THIS PLACE IS TOO HEAVILY MODERATED!"

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that. It's usually the opposite scenario where some don't want to be challenged. Obviously there are lines that can't or shouldn't be crossed.

heres my insider info, take it for what its worth:

kid likes the devil's cabbage and doesnt like punishment. PJ is changing the culture by internally drug testing his players. If they are caught they have to face internal suspension. KHH did not want to serve his suspension, said he doesnt even like football that much and walked away from the team.
Thanks for that. Did you run this by Spoof first?

Ridiculous statements are called out everywhere. Is it possible it's simply the case your views align more with Gaupher?

Not always. I'm not afraid to say that my views probably do as he's a pretty level headed guy who I've also had the pleasure of tailgating with and getting to know. I am an avid TDG supporter as they put out a ton of great content (not saying GH doesn't, they do) and the people who do their content are all around great dudes. Usually threads just don't typically head down a rabbit hole of "how much of a percentage do we believe a kids parents reason for him leaving?"or other nonsensical arguments that seem to pop up here in threads more often than not. There is still great banter with a ton of different opinions but the nonsensical stuff gets squashed pretty quickly in most cases.

Thanks for that. Did you run this by Spoof first?

Spoof is yet to speculate on a reason (although I'm sure I implied or inferred this reason at some point too). Just had the audacity to challenge the motherhood and apple pie reason given by someone who has everything to gain by giving such a reason. Oh, and I made up statistics.

Usually threads just don't typically head down a rabbit hole of "how much of a percentage do we believe a kids parents reason for him leaving?"

So all this could have been avoided if I would have said "I don't believe him" instead of acknowledging that I have no inside info and could be wrong with my belief? Somehow I don't buy that.

Top Bottom