Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 189
  1. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeville Goldy View Post
    The above statements are all true. That being said, when you consistently find ways to bash PJ Fleck in other threads then say you don't believe KHH's dad, it's also pretty easy to see why people read between the lines and assumed you were implying that PJ was the reason he left. I'll freely admit that was my first inclination.

    Out of curiosity, do you have a theory? Or odds that it's something (20% homesick, 20% PJF, 20% climate, etc.)?

    That said, I don't disagree with your actual statement. I'm sure there is more to it than just "homesick". He probably is dealing with something and feels like his situation will be better closer to home. Whether that something is can't stand the climate, academics, PJ Fleck, a lover/friend(s) back home, a sick relative, etc., I'm sure there's a "because..." as part of the closer to home statement.
    Thank you for clearly summarizing the point I was trying to make.

    My definition of homesick, right or wrong, is broader than he misses mom and dad. Missing friends, family, a girlfriend, the south, not liking the cold of MN, or the city would all fall into the camp of being "homesick" imo..


  2. #137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Thank you for clearly summarizing the point I was trying to make.
    However, that wasn't the point you tried to make JG. You flat out said, more than once, that I clearly implied it - even naming precise post #s 7 & 14. Then you pivoted, now you are again.

    Whatever. I see two driving forces here - one what Lakeville said (I bash PJ a lot, so...) and one what Bob said (some always on the lookout for possible PJ slights). I'm willing to own my part in that, but stand by everything I have said in this thread. I am not buying the reason that is being stated for this departure. Simple as that and not really a controversial stance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingfield, Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,209

    Default

    heres my insider info, take it for what its worth:

    kid likes the devil's cabbage and doesnt like punishment. PJ is changing the culture by internally drug testing his players. If they are caught they have to face internal suspension. KHH did not want to serve his suspension, said he doesnt even like football that much and walked away from the team.
    WUCK FISCONSIN and all that they stand for.

  4. #139

    Default

    Similar to the DC11 suspension scenario which some/many stated was due to liking MJ too much and eventually turned out to be doorgate/related friction it’s very likely we’ll never know the full truth unless someone makes a public statement and that’s not likely to happen.

    The camp that automatically attributes any doubt of the 100% veracity of the reason given as an attack on PJ reminds of our friend Kim Jong’s’s climate of total devotion. It cannot be disagreement with PJ or his culture. It’s possible, isn’t it?
    Character assassinator

  5. Default

    Best of luck, kid. Let’s move on. There’s nothing we can do about it.
    Man, GopherHole.com can be so unreadable at times.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredCoxRocks View Post
    Best of luck, kid. Let’s move on. There’s nothing we can do about it.
    Man, GopherHole.com can be so unreadable at times.
    Make that most of the time...just comes with the territory.

  7. #142

    Default

    Can you guys be more specific in your complaints? I have never had any issues reading gopherhole. I actually find the diversity of thought enlightening. If you want a heavily moderated board Gobie’s board or TDG are probably less traumatic.
    Character assassinator

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Central Minnesota
    Posts
    4,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Can you guys be more specific in your complaints? I have never had any issues reading gopherhole. I actually find the diversity of thought enlightening. If you want a heavily moderated board Gobie’s board or TDG are probably less traumatic.
    Not sure if you're implying TDG is hevily moderated, because I don't think it is. If you say stupid things, you get called out on it. Pretty simple stuff over there. I post there much more than here.
    #NothingShortOfGreatness #RowTheBoat #RowsBowl

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e.bigelow View Post
    Not sure if you're implying TDG is hevily moderated, because I don't think it is. If you say stupid things, you get called out on it. Pretty simple stuff over there. I post there much more than here.
    Maybe this is the case where on the internet any moderation that happens to an individual is "OMG THIS PLACE IS TOO HEAVILY MODERATED!"

  10. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e.bigelow View Post
    Not sure if you're implying TDG is hevily moderated, because I don't think it is. If you say stupid things, you get called out on it. Pretty simple stuff over there. I post there much more than here.
    Ridiculous statements are called out everywhere. Is it possible it's simply the case your views align more with Gaupher?
    Character assassinator

  11. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Maybe this is the case where on the internet any moderation that happens to an individual is "OMG THIS PLACE IS TOO HEAVILY MODERATED!"
    I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that. It's usually the opposite scenario where some don't want to be challenged. Obviously there are lines that can't or shouldn't be crossed.
    Character assassinator

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t-docious View Post
    heres my insider info, take it for what its worth:

    kid likes the devil's cabbage and doesnt like punishment. PJ is changing the culture by internally drug testing his players. If they are caught they have to face internal suspension. KHH did not want to serve his suspension, said he doesnt even like football that much and walked away from the team.
    Thanks for that. Did you run this by Spoof first?

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Central Minnesota
    Posts
    4,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Ridiculous statements are called out everywhere. Is it possible it's simply the case your views align more with Gaupher?
    Not always. I'm not afraid to say that my views probably do as he's a pretty level headed guy who I've also had the pleasure of tailgating with and getting to know. I am an avid TDG supporter as they put out a ton of great content (not saying GH doesn't, they do) and the people who do their content are all around great dudes. Usually threads just don't typically head down a rabbit hole of "how much of a percentage do we believe a kids parents reason for him leaving?"or other nonsensical arguments that seem to pop up here in threads more often than not. There is still great banter with a ton of different opinions but the nonsensical stuff gets squashed pretty quickly in most cases.
    #NothingShortOfGreatness #RowTheBoat #RowsBowl

  14. #149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wcfan56 View Post
    Thanks for that. Did you run this by Spoof first?
    Spoof is yet to speculate on a reason (although I'm sure I implied or inferred this reason at some point too). Just had the audacity to challenge the motherhood and apple pie reason given by someone who has everything to gain by giving such a reason. Oh, and I made up statistics.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e.bigelow View Post
    Usually threads just don't typically head down a rabbit hole of "how much of a percentage do we believe a kids parents reason for him leaving?"
    So all this could have been avoided if I would have said "I don't believe him" instead of acknowledging that I have no inside info and could be wrong with my belief? Somehow I don't buy that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •