Handy Holly leaves team

HAHA! was for me!

The call of a young Siren when you are a seventeen-eighteen year-old kid is too powerful.

I've had my share of Sirens who've shipwrecked my heart and who've turned me into an affable oaf.

I am not complaining. I married one of them. :cool02:

Seriously. I have no inside info, but think the chance that being homesick being the reason here is about 20% at best. His Dad saying so - and when KHH and PJ say the same thing - doesn't raise that likelihood at all, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“I have no idea so I’m going to make something up”

“At the same time I am going to be condescending if you make something up or believe the words that were said”

“I have no idea so I’m going to make something up”

“At the same time I am going to be condescending if you make something up or believe the words that were said”

What did I make up? An opinion that I clearly stated was an opinion and not based on inside info? On a message board?
The horror.

What did I make up? An opinion that I clearly stated was an opinion and not based on inside info? On a message board?
The horror.

I think there is a 20% chance that the 20% chance statistic you made up is accurate.

I don’t care if you have an opinion, but when you use fake statistics in your opinion you come across as a major tool imo

I always believe what the dad says. That's why Winfield Jr. transferred after the U refused to fire Kaler and Coyle.

So now we are adding caveats? KHH is a big loss, but it’s unlikely he would have been starting over Winfield and Huff next year. Several of the players I listed had a chance to be multi-year starters.

Who? Harbison transferred to Mars Hill. Craig James to SIU. Tyler Moore medically retired. The rest I don’t know but they weren’t making roster noise. McKinzy played at a lower level.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from the analysts here it’s that players (eg Streveler) hat drop down a level, or two or three can’t play at the P5 level. Did any of those players transfer to P5 or FBS?

Why is it so offensive to believe he's actually homesick, which is common among college kids?

It's not offensive at all. I don't see the people who think there might be more to it than homesickness having a hissyfit with the notion. They doubt it's validity, but no one ever implied there was anything offensive about the idea that he left because he was homesick.

Because their underlying message is that he doesn't like the staff. They don't like the staff, so they want to find kids that don't either.

The same posters that are now on a quest for truth about KHH never questioned kids who wanted to transfer closer to home when Kill or Claeys was coaching. Hmmm...

I don't really think that is the underlying message. You seem to be looking pretty hard for any potential slight against PJ.

I only see spoofie's posts when someone quotes him, but I suspect his list of possible reasons why someone would leave the program looks something like this:

1. PJF sucks

2. Kid afraid of polar bears.

3. no other possibilities

So now we are adding caveats? KHH is a big loss, but it’s unlikely he would have been starting over Winfield and Huff next year. Several of the players I listed had a chance to be multi-year starters.

The players buried on the depth chart were not good examples (we all get why people buried on a depth chart would transfer).

As for the players with a chance to be multiyear starters: DeNiro Laster, Craig James, Tyler Moore.

Tyler Moore: His transfer was talked about. He made it clear why and there was a lot of chatter about his transferring. People even looked up Noah Kuehn's twitter and posted bits about some argument between him and Moore. You didn't seem so offended with that chatter.

DeNiro Laster: Yeah, I thought that transfer was a little strange.

Craig James: He was the closest scenario to KHH. However, James was coming off a SO year where he really struggled. That said, I do think there was a good chance there was a little something more than simply being "homesick". He seemed to have gotten passed up on the depth chart a bit, he broke his leg, and it was just a really disappointing SO season for James.

I don't think these are "caveats", they just sort of flesh out the debate in a realistic way. I have no idea why this kind of discussion is now so off base on this forum.

I only see spoofie's posts when someone quotes him, but I suspect his list of possible reasons why someone would leave the program looks something like this:

1. PJF sucks

He just had the audacity to question if a kid who was looking at three years of being a starter in the Big 10 would really transfer out because he was "homesick".

1. PJF sucks

+1. Completely wrong, but still funny.

1. PJF sucks

You must remember Sir Spoofin is on a crusade so go with #3.

Everyone needs to just relax a little. Could he be homesick? Sure. Could it be homesick + many other variables? Sure. I don't think it's the end of the world that he's transferring. It's not good, but it happens and there could be many reasons. Saying you're homesick is either true or just a convenient thing to say to keep everyone happy. It's like when someone leaves their employer and says they just needed a change of pace, even though maybe there were other reasons.

The players buried on the depth chart were not good examples (we all get why people buried on a depth chart would transfer).

As for the players with a chance to be multiyear starters: DeNiro Laster, Craig James, Tyler Moore.

Tyler Moore: His transfer was talked about. He made it clear why and there was a lot of chatter about his transferring. People even looked up Noah Kuehn's twitter and posted bits about some argument between him and Moore. You didn't seem so offended with that chatter.

DeNiro Laster: Yeah, I thought that transfer was a little strange.

Craig James: He was the closest scenario to KHH. However, James was coming off a SO year where he really struggled. That said, I do think there was a good chance there was a little something more than simply being "homesick". He seemed to have gotten passed up on the depth chart a bit, he broke his leg, and it was just a really disappointing SO season for James.

I don't think these are "caveats", they just sort of flesh out the debate in a realistic way. I have no idea why this kind of discussion is now so off base on this forum.

Moore transferred to be closer to home despite starting for 2 years. How could he possibly have wanted to move back to Texas when he could have started here for 2 more years? Why didn’t we question the real reason???

Laster was viewed as having lots of potential but hadn’t played much. Similar to KHH. Same with Harbison who was a highly rated receiver.

When all 3 left, most didn’t question their grades or Kill/Claeys.

KHH wasn't homesick during the break between semesters but by early February he becomes homesick, Hmmm? What are we, 3 weeks to a month into the semester? Is he homesick, yes that's part of it, but if there is a girlfriend back home I would think it might be time to move home.

KHH wasn't homesick during the break between semesters but by early February he becomes homesick, Hmmm? What are we, 3 weeks to a month into the semester? Is he homesick, yes that's part of it, but if there is a girlfriend back home I would think it might be time to move home.

Maybe because he was at home?

Handy-Holly is from a town of 5,000 in the middle of south Alabama. Not only is the weather an adjustment, but so is living in a city of 3+ million people.

Maybe because he was at home?

Handy-Holly is from a town of 5,000 in the middle of south Alabama. Not only is the weather an adjustment, but so is living in a city of 3+ million people.

Did he come back to Minnesota and enroll in school for this semester?

Moore transferred to be closer to home despite starting for 2 years. How could he possibly have wanted to move back to Texas when he could have started here for 2 more years? Why didn’t we question the real reason???

Laster was viewed as having lots of potential but hadn’t played much. Similar to KHH. Same with Harbison who was a highly rated receiver.

Pick a side JG. Which was I implying in posts 7 & 14? You were so sure yesterday and now you are hedging?

Tyler Moore was vocal about his displeasure surrounding the Claeys firing. He transferred to OK, not TX, then quit football before ever playing (edit: for medical reasons). Seems there may have been more to the story there too. Further, I just looked up the Tyler Moore thread on GH and the topic of how he felt about the firing was discussed - I didn't see you post any outrage at the time for some reason tho?

Huh? People questioned Moore's intentions a ton. The link below is a 7 page thread about Moore leaving. Notice, there is almost zero backlash against the posters who questioned his motives/implied his motives had nothing to do with homesickness. This was before the cult of PJ had so many this indoctrinated.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?73022-Tyler-Moore-transferring/page7

Harbison? The guy that didn't do anything in his first two seasons and missed a ton of time his 2nd season because of disciplinary issues. You think he left solely because he was home sick? I believe there was way more to it than being homesick. Did that just question Kill/Claeys or Harbison's grades? Nope. I questioned how well he got along with the team. I questioned how well he bought into how things were going to be done.

You all have a massive chip on your shoulder. Speculating about the "true" reason a player leaves a program when the generic answer doesn't seem 100% right is pretty standard. It has only now been considered such a sun because you all are desperate to find anyone who might slight PJ.

Everyone needs to just relax a little. Could he be homesick? Sure. Could it be homesick + many other variables? Sure. I don't think it's the end of the world that he's transferring. It's not good, but it happens and there could be many reasons. Saying you're homesick is either true or just a convenient thing to say to keep everyone happy. It's like when someone leaves their employer and says they just needed a change of pace, even though maybe there were other reasons.

Why do you hate PJ fleck so much?

Huh? People questioned Moore's intentions a ton. The link below is a 7 page thread about Moore leaving. Notice, there is almost zero backlash against the posters who questioned his motives/implied his motives had nothing to do with homesickness. This was before the cult of PJ had so many this indoctrinated.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?73022-Tyler-Moore-transferring/page7

Harbison? The guy that didn't do anything in his first two seasons and missed a ton of time his 2nd season because of disciplinary issues. You think he left solely because he was home sick? I believe there was way more to it than being homesick. Did that just question Kill/Claeys or Harbison's grades? Nope. I questioned how well he got along with the team. I questioned how well he bought into how things were going to be done.

You all have a massive chip on your shoulder. Speculating about the "true" reason a player leaves a program when the generic answer doesn't seem 100% right is pretty standard. It has only now been considered such a sun because you all are desperate to find anyone who might slight PJ.

Bob, normally you are a rational poster but you are off the deep end here. I could care less if some have had made it their mission to destroy PJ on here. My issue is when they pretend they aren’t trying to. Spoofin saying there is a 20% chance that KHH is leaving because of the reason his dad stated is implying what?

Bob, normally you are a rational poster but you are off the deep end here. I could care less if some have had made it their mission to destroy PJ on here. My issue is when they pretend they aren’t trying to. <b>Spoofin saying there is a 20% chance that KHH is leaving because of the reason his dad stated is implying what?</b>

Are you joking? When I said that <b>I </b>think there is a 20% chance what we are being told is why he is leaving what I was implying was that <b>I</b>think there is a 20% chance that what we are being told is why he is leaving (pause for the gasps to stop). Talk about going off the deep end.

I even went as far as to say I had no inside info to make it clear I was giving my opinion only (funny, I figured otherwise someone would throw a tantrum) and didn't know why - but that I didn't buy the homesick reason. To this minute that is all I have said on the topic.

Then some crazed guy went off calling me stupid, class idiot, etc. because I was clearly implying what he was looking to have implied (PJ hate). Then, some other crazed guy went off because I was clearly implying what he was looking to have implied (grades). The latter at least had the sense to delete 10 of his posts in the morning - which is an action that actually does imply something obvious.

Bob, normally you are a rational poster but you are off the deep end here. I could care less [/B]if some have had made it their mission to destroy PJ on here. My issue is when they pretend they aren’t trying to. Spoofin saying there is a 20% chance that KHH is leaving because of the reason his dad stated is implying what?

I would first all like to know how much less you could care? Secondly, in this thread there has been zero PJ bashing by Spoofin. I think any reasonable person could take the number of 20% or 80% and make a reasonable assumption that whatever number you choose, HOMESICK is not 100% the reason KHH left the program. GopherHole should be fun and speculative.

It appears everyone is tired of your schtick and you should find a new hobby...

Why do you keep saying everyone? There is a significant camp that also gets tired of you and the Fleck fan boys that don't allow even speculation that doesn't paint PJ in the best possible light.

We don't why Holly left, that is why it is a bunch of guys speculating on the internet.

Blah, blah, 20% Blah, blah, 20%

What you are stating is that there is a 4x better chance that it is something other than what he father said. And that makes you look like an asshole.

...calling me stupid, class idiot, etc...crazed guy went off...

Ahh...now we have the answer. You got butthurt because someone insulted you.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were under 20 years of age.

Oh...and your sarcastic sig line can just go and **** off right now.

What you are stating is that there is a 4x better chance that it is something other than what he father said.

Finally, someone read what I wrote and didn't assume I was implying something else. Thanks for being such an asset to GH UU. However, you shouldn't forget that I said 20% <b>max</b>, so it would be more accurate to say that in my opinion there is <b>at least </b> a 4x better chance that it is something more than what his Dad said.

Top Bottom