***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Expecting excitement going into the 2018-19 season for this team is wishful thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excitement is just a state of mind. Why do you hate America?

Anyone who thinks Hurt should be a starter in the next two years, please comment. I'm taking names.

Whoever said he should start??? If we're not down 4 of our top 6 players, Hurt is playing a maximum of 10 minutes per game. He's not suited to play 30+ minutes, but Pitino doesn't have much other choice right now. Indiana is a terrible match-up for him, he's not athletic enough to guard any of their guards. And to make matters worse, he passed up the few open looks at 3 that he should have taken.

Again, this team is DEPLETED with no Lynch, Curry, Coffey or McBrayer. It may as well be the 8-23 bunch from 2 seasons ago after the suspensions. Having front-court depth next season will make all the difference in the world.

That said, horrible effort on defense tonight with no communication at all. And Mason needs to stop jacking up tired jumpers in the second half. Attack the basket, feed Murphy. Do what you're good at.

Whoever said he should start??? If we're not down 4 of our top 6 players, Hurt is playing a maximum of 10 minutes per game. He's not suited to play 30+ minutes, but Pitino doesn't have much other choice right now. Indiana is a terrible match-up for him, he's not athletic enough to guard any of their guards. And to make matters worse, he passed up the few open looks at 3 that he should have taken.

Again, this team is DEPLETED with no Lynch, Curry, Coffey or McBrayer. It may as well be the 8-23 bunch from 2 seasons ago after the suspensions. Having front-court depth next season will make all the difference in the world.

That said, horrible effort on defense tonight with no communication at all. And Mason needs to stop jacking up tired jumpers in the second half. Attack the basket, feed Murphy. Do what you're good at.
You must be new to the board. Back in early January there were a good handful of people pining for Hurt to start and McBrayer to come off the bench.

Anyone wishing/hoping Pitino gets fired, I look forward to your rebuttals next year. Tonight/this year hurt. Reggie Lynch being a rapist, combined with the injuries to Curry, Coffey, and McBrayer proved too much. I hope this season teaches the team a lesson in being humble. Takes team basketball to win, not one vs. one. Seems simple, but our coaching staff has been lenient with the players to say the least. Force them to move the ball and play together

Mark me down for a rebuttal next year. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Lord! I missed a train wreck!

Well, there's always Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hurt is worthless defensively and offensively for 30 minutes..........meaning he would be worthless off the bench for 10 minutes.

I guess I don't understand the translation as he's not a big 10 player for any amount of time he gets.

I'm picking the under 150 for number of posts in this thread...[emoji22] I blame Delaney.
Looks like you win. This should be post #68.

Yes, this thread didn't even get 50% of the way to the over/under line.

Anyone wishing/hoping Pitino gets fired, I look forward to your rebuttals next year. Tonight/this year hurt. Reggie Lynch being a rapist, combined with the injuries to Curry, Coffey, and McBrayer proved too much. I hope this season teaches the team a lesson in being humble. Takes team basketball to win, not one vs. one. Seems simple, but our coaching staff has been lenient with the players to say the least. Force them to move the ball and play together

I’ve been out of town for a couple of days, so I’m not current. Did Reggie just get convicted:confused:

Anyone wishing/hoping Pitino gets fired, I look forward to your rebuttals next year. Tonight/this year hurt. Reggie Lynch being a rapist, combined with the injuries to Curry, Coffey, and McBrayer proved too much. I hope this season teaches the team a lesson in being humble. Takes team basketball to win, not one vs. one. Seems simple, but our coaching staff has been lenient with the players to say the least. Force them to move the ball and play together.

Will you, likewise, show up and eat crow if the team disappoints next year and ends up in the NIT or worse?

4 assists vs 14 turnovers tonight. Outstanding.

You appear to have confidence in this coaching staff yet the second part of what you wrote seems to be implying a lack of coaching. People are pointing to improved depth next year, particularly down low, for optimism. I am skeptical. Murphy's proven, but the Gophers are replacing Lynch with a talented but inexperienced Oturu. Curry's returning but how well will he play coming off of a serious injury? Omersa is only a Top 200 player so he will likely need some seasoning before providing any exceptional help. Stockman? His best season at Louisville was 2.7 PPG. Fitz and Hurt look overmatched playing Big Ten basketball. Of course they should be better, but by how much? The bar this year has been set very low. If decades of Gopher basketball has taught me anything, seeing is believing.

Checked my phone as I was sipping a Busch Light pounder at a dive bar tonight. I noticed our rodents got thrashed. Here's hoping our incoming freshman can right this ship. Sigh.......

There is nothing good to be said about this game. Not one thing. From coaches to players to managers there is nothing good to take from this game.

I watched for about fifteen minutes and I thought the managers had a solid game. The drinks were passed out efficiently. The chairs were out and ready at the start of the time outs. Good all around effort. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Checked my phone as I was sipping a Busch Light pounder at a dive bar tonight. I noticed our rodents got thrashed. Here's hoping our incoming freshman can right this ship. Sigh.......

Incoming Freshmen + Coffey + McBrayer + Curry + Stockman. That's a lot of help versus what has been on the floor of late. We'll be okay and Pitino will coach better. :)

Remember that over the past 15 of so years, our worst years have been followed by NCAA appearances. Just a bad year.

I watched for about fifteen minutes and I thought the managers had a solid game. The drinks were passed out efficiently. The chairs were out and ready at the start of the time outs. Good all around effort. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I got carried away. Thanks for reeling me back in. [emoji476]

Nothing says Big Ten basketball like a Friday night tip-off. #SMH #ThanksDelaney

Each game we appear more injured than the previous game. Coffey and now McBrayer are listed as game time decisions. I don't expect either to play. The bench will be thin, but hopefully our freshmen and Hurt grow from these valuable minutes they are getting.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I do not get the complaint; why is a Friday night game a bad thing for us a fans of basketball? Would a 1 PM game on Saturday be better? Why?

For me sitting down on the couch after work on Friday night, with a Big Ten game on my TV is a great thing, even if I know we have almost no chance of winning.

Incoming Freshmen + Coffey + McBrayer + Curry + Stockman. That's a lot of help versus what has been on the floor of late. We'll be okay and Pitino will coach better. :)

Remember that over the past 15 of so years, our worst years have been followed by NCAA appearances. Just a bad year.
Tino can't help but coach better than tonight. I have been supporting him, but the fundamental failure on both ends tonight is a coaching failure more than a personnel failure.

I guess I do not get the complaint; why is a Friday night game a bad thing for us a fans of basketball? Would a 1 PM game on Saturday be better? Why?

For me sitting down on the couch after work on Friday night, with a Big Ten game on my TV is a great thing, even if I know we have almost no chance of winning.
Many on the GH go to high school hoops on Friday nights based upon a few other threads I read.

Gaston must have pissed off someone , or maybe it was the Karate move a few games ago, but he was getting minutes for a while, now none at all.

As far as I am concerned Gas is no worse than Konate but both should play no minutes (only a few seconds here and there) in my view, and I like Gaston more than Konate

Fitzgerald was starting to look better, but not tonight. If I were coach we would have gone to a small line up the moment Lynch got bounced, three guards (or four before we lost one or two) with Murphy and Fitzgerald, with Hurt and anyone else not injured getting the remaining minutes. Gaston and Konete get to play situational seconds near the end of a half only. It was comical watching the good players decide to do anything with the ball , but throw it to Konote, knowing it is a turnover. Hurt threw a great pass to #21 and he did not even see it, much less let if deflect off his stone hands as usual.

None if it really matters; the season went to the crapper a long time ago, and it was clear that Akeem Springs and Curry were not replaced with anyone close them in ability. I still have hope for Fitzgerald next year, since he seems to have recovered some of this athletic ability. We can only hope that Eric Curry can bet back to near 100 percent by next year, and not be as rusty as poor #20.

In general shifting deck chairs on the Titanic since Coffey went down.

Okay, HS basketball, I guess that makes some sense. not me though

Busch Light???? go for the Old Style!!!

Gaston must have pissed off someone , or maybe it was the Karate move a few games ago, but he was getting minutes for a while, now none at all.

As far as I am concerned Gas is no worse than Konate but both should play no minutes (only a few seconds here and there) in my view, and I like Gaston more than Konate

Fitzgerald was starting to look better, but not tonight. If I were coach we would have gone to a small line up the moment Lynch got bounced, three guards (or four before we lost one or two) with Murphy and Fitzgerald, with Hurt and anyone else not injured getting the remaining minutes. Gaston and Konete get to play situational seconds near the end of a half only. It was comical watching the good players decide to do anything with the ball , but throw it to Konote, knowing it is a turnover. Hurt threw a great pass to #21 and he did not even see it, much less let if deflect off his stone hands as usual.

None if it really matters; the season went to the crapper a long time ago, and it was clear that Akeem Springs and Curry were not replaced with anyone close them in ability. I still have hope for Fitzgerald next year, since he seems to have recovered some of this athletic ability. We can only hope that Eric Curry can bet back to near 100 percent by next year, and not be as rusty as poor #20.

In general shifting deck chairs on the Titanic since Coffey went down.

That karate move was by far my favorite play of the season.

Based on what? Hope?

I know some people want to absolve Pitino of most responsibility for the team's performance this year, due to the injuries and suspensions. But you can't absolve him of ALL responsibility. Richard Pitino is the head coach. he decides who plays. he sets the offense and defense. he makes the substitutions. what happens on the court is at least partially his responsibility. (the players certainly share in that responsibility).

I have a hard time being optimistic about next year while watching the team melt down this year.

Wow...it seems everyone on GH has lost a beloved family pet. People, why do u have good expectations for a team with a totally depleted roster. The Gophers are not even a shell of what they were at the start of the season.
I have resigned myself to looking at the minutes that our bench players are getting and watching them learn (even if it's from failure) and improve.

These are tough times to be a Gopher fan. Got to stay positive.

GO GOPHERS!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wow...it seems everyone on GH has lost a beloved family pet. People, why do u have good expectations for a team with a totally depleted roster. The Gophers are not even a shell of what they were at the start of the season.
I have resigned myself to looking at the minutes that our bench players are getting and watching them learn (even if it's from failure) and improve.

These are tough times to be a Gopher fan. Got to stay positive.

GO GOPHERS!

Tough times to be a Gopher fan? This is what two out of the last three years have been like in terms of performance and outcome.

The lack of common sense in recruiting has been shameful. How can fill your needed big man spots with two projects? Especially when one big man project is considered a risk.

The lack of defense has been shameful, too. If you take on two big man projects, then your 1, 2 & 3 players had better be defensively stellar. Ours are not, period. They could offset some of that by having shooting percentages in the mid-forties to low-fifties, but they don't. I don't even think their combined Free Throw percentages are straining to get out of the high seventies.

The most simple concept to this game is to make your score higher than your opponent's score. You do that by outscoring them because a) you make more baskets than them or b) you keep them from making more baskets than you. Choice a is offense and Choice b is defense. This is a team that acts like they can do it by some mysterious combination of choosing neither.

Tough times to be a Gopher fan? This is what two out of the last three years have been like in terms of performance and outcome.

The lack of common sense in recruiting has been shameful. How can fill your needed big man spots with two projects? Especially when one big man project is considered a risk.

The lack of defense has been shameful, too. If you take on two big man projects, then your 1, 2 & 3 players had better be defensively stellar. Ours are not, period. They could offset some of that by having shooting percentages in the mid-forties to low-fifties, but they don't. I don't even think their combined Free Throw percentages are straining to get out of the high seventies.

The most simple concept to this game is to make your score higher than your opponent's score. You do that by outscoring them because a) you make more baskets than them or b) you keep them from making more baskets than you. Choice a is offense and Choice b is defense. This is a team that acts like they can do it by some mysterious combination of choosing neither.

Seems a couple of pets died for EW

Seems a couple of pets died for EW

Yeah, that must be it. The way to win by not being better on offense nor defense is to have your pet die, then they'll forfeit the game to you out of pity.

So we should fire everyone and start fresh?

Hind sight is always 20/20.

Easy to be a coach/AD from your arm chair.

Top Bottom