***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

It's impossible to say who the worst defensive player is on this team because they all, as a group, seem to have no concept of playing team or individual defense. Lynch must have covered up severe lack of fundamentals with his shot blocking. Hard to say whether that's coaching or the players lack of commitment. But when you're outmanned, lack of defensive effort will result in more blowouts.

Hurt needs to live in the weight room in the off season.

Donny Marshall sucks.

Give the walk-ons 10 minutes tonight. At least they'll hustle.

This current team less half of Dupree, depleted as it is, beat Penn State and hung with Michigan. It's not unreasonable to expect a similar effort each game. Instead we get 1/3rd of the time and this pathetic effort and a raft of excuses the rest of the time. That's on the players but also on the coaches. I thought we NEVER QUIT?

Gophers playing panic ball on offense (other than the last sequence). No reason they can't be patient and move the ball. Not like they're going to catch up and win.

Minnesota is so easy to guard because no one moves away from the ball.

I can accept losing. I cannot accept people not playing fundamentally sound basketball. Fundamentals or lack of them are all on the coach, not on the talent.
I wish I could say Pitino had the kids ready, but he didn't. I hope he owns this loss.

Harris may as well transfer, he's not a B10 player.

Some people were saying the same thing about McBrayer his freshman year. Heck, a few people were saying that about Washington earlier this season.

Say all you want about injuries, susp., bad luck, etc. but let's be honest Pitino's coaching is brutal.

Reality is this team was overrated to begin the season. Pitino will get another year but does it even matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who thinks Hurt should be a starter in the next two years, please comment. I'm taking names.

How many minutes did BK get?

There is nothing good to be said about this game. Not one thing. From coaches to players to managers there is nothing good to take from this game.

I have defended Pitino on this board many times, but this game was horribly coached.

Feels like we took 4 steps back after the promise in the last two games.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There is nothing good to be said about this game. Not one thing. From coaches to players to managers there is nothing good to take from this game.

They didn't quit! :cool:

Reality is this team was overrated to begin the season. Pitino will get another year but does it even matter?

We keep hearing about who we have coming for next year, but it will take all of them just elevate this team from god awful to mediocre.

Anyone wishing/hoping Pitino gets fired, I look forward to your rebuttals next year. Tonight/this year hurt. Reggie Lynch being a rapist, combined with the injuries to Curry, Coffey, and McBrayer proved too much. I hope this season teaches the team a lesson in being humble. Takes team basketball to win, not one vs. one. Seems simple, but our coaching staff has been lenient with the players to say the least. Force them to move the ball and play together

Rough 2nd half. The effort and desire were there, just so outmanned with all the injuries. Seemed like Mason just ran out of gas the 2nd half. Certainly a far cry from last year's stellar defensive team but no team would do any better losing 4 out of top 6 players. If we can pick up a grad transfer guard should be in great shape for next year so should be a lot of excitement again going into 2018-2019. The basketball gods owe us.

Rough 2nd half. The effort and desire were there, just so outmanned with all the injuries. Seemed like Mason just ran out of gas the 2nd half. Certainly a far cry from last year's stellar defensive team but no team would do any better losing 4 out of top 6 players. If we can pick up a grad transfer guard should be in great shape for next year so should be a lot of excitement again going into 2018-2019. The basketball gods owe us.

Now that you put it that way, I'm excited already!

We keep hearing about who we have coming for next year, but it will take all of them just elevate this team from god awful to mediocre.

Yet according to some this is a program trending up.

Sorry, defense was bad, especially early. IU shooting 50% and taking candy from a baby on the pick and roll.

Agree the defense was bad. Just think the reason for it was we're essentially playing 3 on 5 with no bench. It's valid, I think, to question some of the recruiting which led to a lack of depth, but not valid to think the coaches don't know how to coach defense - see last year.

Killme, where are you???? Tell us how it was amazing the Gophers even fielded a team tonight.

Expecting excitement going into the 2018-19 season for this team is wishful thinking.

Killme, where are you???? Tell us how it was amazing the Gophers even fielded a team tonight.

He's still collecting his emotions after that inspiring effort.

Top Bottom