Jordan Murphy named one of 10 finalists for Karl Malone Award

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Minnesota junior Jordan Murphy has been selected for the top-10 list of the Karl Malone Award, given to the nation’s top power forward. The announcement was made Thursday afternoon by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

Murphy is the lone representative from the Big Ten. Joining him on the list is DeAndre Ayton (Arizona), Gary Clark Jr. (Cincinnati), Marvin Bagley III (Duke), Wendell Carter Jr. (Duke), Yante Maten (Georgia), Nick King (Middle Tennessee), Luke Maye (North Carolina), Mike Daum (South Dakota State) and Robert Williams (Texas A&M).

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020818aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Very deserving. I remember early in the year someone posted a thread asking us to vote on the Gopher leading scorer. I thought it would Mason and voted accordingly but I figured Murphy would be NO. 2. We all knew Murphy would have a great year but I don’t know if I or anyone saw this stat line unfolding. Soon enough this season will end and we will be left wondering for seven months or so how much better can he get next year?

Congratulations Murph!! Deserved, and a big positive to come out of the season.

Hopefully he will be an All-American next season. Certainly a possibility.

Hopefully he will be an All-American next season. Certainly a possibility.

Yes, if he gets any help inside he should have a huge year. Right now, besides Murph, we have one of the worst front courts in Div 1 BB.

Yes, if he gets any help inside he should have a huge year. Right now, besides Murph, we have one of the worst front courts in Div 1 BB.

Yup, losing 2 of your top 3 front court players is bound to have an affect. Hopefully we stay healthier next season and no one decides to get suspended for being a terrible human being.

Just imagine if Murph has to miss a game. Whatever walks onto the floor would arguably be the worst front court to ever suit up for the U of M.

My favorite Gopher player since Dusty R or Miles Tarver, but Murphy is way better than those guys. Probably all Big Ten, but the rotten-ness of this team will doom his chances for that.

My favorite Gopher player since Dusty R or Miles Tarver, but Murphy is way better than those guys. Probably all Big Ten, but the rotten-ness of this team will doom his chances for that.
Not sure on the doom, leading the nation in double doubles, nearly leading the nation in offensive rebounds, scoring pretty well...

Yup, losing 2 of your top 3 front court players is bound to have an affect. Hopefully we stay healthier next season and no one decides to get suspended for being a terrible human being.

Well technically, he has appealed his suspension and is claiming to have done nothing wrong. Seems like a he said/she said kind of thing that the police are not interested in, just the U being hyper sensitive, which is probably/possibly a good thing? Was it a mistake for him to get drunk? YES!! Is he a terrible human being? I'm not ready to make that call.

Women far too often judge men by their looks or how "smooth" they are. Nice guys rarely do well with women, they consider them boring and either don't give them a chance or keep them in the friend zone. Now how many smooth talking ladies men do you know who are/were truly good men? Most take advantage of as many women as they can when they are Lynch's age, or did back in my day.

Btw, not suggesting I want him back on the team, but I'd much rather it be true that he didn't do anything wrong, for several reasons.

Well technically, he has appealed his suspension and is claiming to have done nothing wrong. Seems like a he said/she said kind of thing that the police are not interested in, just the U being hyper sensitive, which is probably/possibly a good thing? Was it a mistake for him to get drunk? YES!! Is he a terrible human being? I'm not ready to make that call.

Women far too often judge men by their looks or how "smooth" they are. Nice guys rarely do well with women, they consider them boring and either don't give them a chance or keep them in the friend zone. Now how many smooth talking ladies men do you know who are/were truly good men? Most take advantage of as many women as they can when they are Lynch's age, or did back in my day.

Btw, not suggesting I want him back on the team, but I'd much rather it be true that he didn't do anything wrong, for several reasons.

Now take into account Reggie's history. Things like this always seem to follow Reggie around. Funny how that works.

Now take into account Reggie's history. Things like this always seem to follow Reggie around. Funny how that works.

Well, that is why I mentioned how women respond differently to a smooth talker, I was hinting that maybe Reggie is far from a smooth talker? Add in the alcohol factor, and the fact the police aren't after him, and who knows what this is really about? Some women don't like even being touched, RL says that absolutely nothing happened. Maybe he turned them down and they were insulted? I have unfortunately met too many people, including at least one woman who were/are vindictive enough that they'd lie about someone just out of spite.

I mean, I'm not defending Reggie, where there is smoke, there is usually a fire, but sometimes its a campfire, sometimes a controlled burn of a ditch or something, sometimes its a factory or the chimney of a house, right?

I mean, when the police don't have a problem with a guy, just a very liberal leaning group of people who might have an agenda? I just am not comfortable with deeming him guilty before he's been proven to be.

And things always following him around? Funny how a person's perception of another person can change once they hear something bad about them. One of my co-workers pointed something out to me about the co-worker I like the least, well, after that things I never noticed before became obvious to me, to the point where I may have started "noticing' things and making assumptions that may not have been accurate. I already didn't like the guy, so I was motivated to see as many bad things about him as I could.

So girls/women hearing things through the grapevine about Reggie may have projected their now skewed perspective onto/into situations where he was present. If a woman assumes you are going to be a creep before you even approach her, well, the vast majority of the time she's going to figure out a way to justify her preconceived notions about the guy whether he did anything inappropriate or not.

Top Bottom