Tyrell Terry

tommypoly

Reaction score
I notice he's rated a 4* recruit and getting good offers. He's 6',3" and looks like a player. I'm just curious how it's not possible he's gotten an offer from the Gophers yet? Am I missing something?

I think it has more to do with Pitino's recruiting strategy of not always making the early offer. Terry was at the Miami game earlier this season and a couple others, so I know we have interest.

I'm going to the CDH-DLS game on Saturday night so am anxious to get a look at him as well as Oturo and Kalscheur.

I think it has more to do with Pitino's recruiting strategy of not always making the early offer. Terry was at the Miami game earlier this season and a couple others, so I know we have interest.

I'm going to the CDH-DLS game on Saturday night so am anxious to get a look at him as well as Oturo and Kalscheur.

Pitino's got offers out to other players in the 2019 class...so why would he not include Terry then?

Pitino's got offers out to other players in the 2019 class...so why would he not include Terry then?

it's all about where he thinks the other 2019 recruits will land and the interest they have in MN.

I'm not talking specifically. Just from history that Pitino has rarely been among the first to offer players in the past.

I notice he's rated a 4* recruit and getting good offers. He's 6',3" and looks like a player. I'm just curious how it's not possible he's gotten an offer from the Gophers yet? Am I missing something?

He is on the hail mary for Josiah James. That would be a huge pull. Going to see him next week.

I'm not talking specifically. Just from history that Pitino has rarely been among the first to offer players in the past.

He has also been one of the last to offer. Davison, Macura are 2 that i remember being late to the game on though i think we were late on a few bigs as well.

He has also been one of the last to offer. Davison, Macura are 2 that i remember being late to the game on though i think we were late on a few bigs as well.

We were Macura’s 5th offer, but his first 4 offers came in the span of one month, and he visited here about 2 weeks before we offered.

According to Ryan James, it was fairly well known that Davison would be going to Wisconsin at the time we offered, and wasnt sure why we offered.

What service is rating him a 4 star? 247sports has him as a 3 star (#208 in the class), Rivals has him unranked and still standing 5'11" (out-dated for sure), and ESPN has never heard of him apparently. I am guessing he is not a top target of Pitino's (yet anyway.)

Have to leave room open for the out-of-state 5 star guard Pitino is going to land. ;)

Not that he won't eventually, but he has to put on weight. He can't be 150 pounds. And you would have to think that Ben Johnson has laid some groundwork with him so that will help if and when they decide to offer.

Pitino has been very careful to not give out offers to local kids if he's not 100% sure he wants them. I think he's concerned about a situation where he makes an early offer and the kid tries to commit and then Pitino is in a position of taking a kid he's not sold or angering the local basketball community. With out of state kids, he doesn't have to worry about burning bridges or basketball politics as much.

Top Bottom